Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You don't need new defensive heroes as long as so many of them are in such horrible state..
    That makes no sense? If all of them are horrible, why wouldn't you give the defense section extra attention?

Adding a new character, buffing/revamping the rest, etc.

Them being horrible has nothing to do with meaning no more should be added. I could see the argument of "They're all so good, why do you need more", but not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That makes no sense? If all of them are horrible, why wouldn't you give the defense section extra attention?

Adding a new character, buffing/revamping the rest, etc.

Them being horrible has nothing to do with meaning no more should be added. I could see the argument of "They're all so good, why do you need more", but not the other way around
    Because fixing current bad ones should take priority over adding new shitty ones. How is this difficult to understand again?

Because fixing current bad ones should take priority over adding new shitty ones. How is this difficult to understand again?
    I clearly said adding a new character and buffing/revamping the rest.

You're acting like adding a new character comes at the cost of balancing the rest, when it clearly doesn't. Your argument is faulty.

I clearly said adding a new character and buffing/revamping the rest.

You're acting like adding a new character comes at the cost of balancing the rest, when it clearly doesn't. Your argument is faulty.
    And I even more clearly said we don't need new defensive heroes before we fix the old ones that are shit.

I'm acting exactly like I stated, don't add new until old is fixed. It's basics of any craft. Don't moderators have to read the posts they reply to?

And I even more clearly said we don't need new defensive heroes before we fix the old ones that are shit.

I'm acting exactly like I stated, don't add new until old is fixed. It's basics of any craft. Don't moderators have to read the posts they reply to?
    Except yet again, your idea is the complete opposite of what blizzard is doing.

It's ridiculous to want them to stop adding new and focus on the old when they can do both. In fact, that's how Blizzard has always worked. Look at wow, new expansion, yet all classes get revamps and changes. Same for HotS, and it's been the same for Overwatch. Your response of "focus on the broken" was in response to someone wanting more defense heroes. Hence, I'm telling you that you're looking at it the complete opposite way that blizzard does, and you'll just need to accept they'll keep adding heroes while also balancing. Youre not going to get your hope of them stopping that to focus on what exist since they have people to do both.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-07-10 at 09:08 PM.

Except yet again, your idea is the complete opposite of what blizzard is doing.

It's ridiculous to want them to stop adding new and focus on the old when they can do both.
    I don't think it's ridiculous, maybe stop shaming me for having a different opinion. Fixing current defensive roster would be the equivalent of adding 3 new heroes.

Adding one new hero means other areas that still needs attention won't get it, + the risk of adding another junkrat where people throw the fight if you pick him outside quickplay.

The attention required to add one hero, is better spent on fixing current defensive roster than adding another trash hero for the sake of having a bigger roster of unplayable characters

I don't think it's ridiculous, maybe stop shaming me for having a different opinion. Fixing current defensive roster would be the equivalent of adding 3 new heroes.

Adding one new hero means other areas that still needs attention won't get it, + the risk of adding another junkrat where people throw the fight if you pick him outside quickplay.

The attention required to add one hero, is better spent on fixing current defensive roster than adding another trash hero for the sake of having a bigger roster of unplayable characters
    Updated my post more, but that's not shaming, especially when you were telling someone off for wanting the opposite of you.

It doesn't matter in the end though, because yet again, your claim that blizzard can't do both is inherently wrong, as shown by the Bastion revamp alone, while still keeping up a steady pace of new content. If what you're saying was right, there would be no balance changes at all. Roadhog wouldn't be trash right now.

As somebody who mains mercy, his rocket punch needs some sort of distinct audio queue if it's going to be able to one shot a support out of nowhere, his footsteps also seem oddly quiet, possibly just due to PTR audio settings not being the same ones I use on live?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm just seeing even more reason not to return to Overwatch. They spent 3 months to make another dive hero. It feels like Overwatch severely lacks content.
    As I have stated, he is more of a dive breaker than a diver. Yes he can dive but he breaks dives even better as a key part of does he is Winston and D.va, d.va can only matrix his knuckle guns which are the least of his attacks. Doomfist is the only hero who can knock Winston out of his bubble every 4 seconds which strips Winston of an essential dive tool.

Only the players with extremely good virtual spacial awareness will be able to use Doomfist well enough to make him a threat. You have to knock proper in game distances to use his abilities properly and the majority of players don't have that skill. Think Genji's ult, a bad Genji may kill one or two tightly grouped player with their ult, a fairly good genji will be able to take out 4-6 players if they are tightly grouped up but a great genji with extreme virtual spacial sense can take out an entire team with his ult even if they are spread out because they just naturally know where everyone is and what it takes to reach them. Those are the guys who are going to be the most successful with Doomfist and it isn't a skill that anyone can practice. You have it or you don't.

But something tells me that you are just looking for a reason to explain why you don't play when the truth is your brain just got blunted to the dopemine chemical. If you think you need to keep showing up to tell everyone why you don't play just save your time because we really don't care. No really, nobody cares why some random guy on the internet doesn't play anymore.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    As I have stated, he is more of a dive breaker than a diver. Yes he can dive but he breaks dives even better as a key part of does he is Winston and D.va, d.va can only matrix his knuckle guns which are the least of his attacks. Doomfist is the only hero who can knock Winston out of his bubble every 4 seconds which strips Winston of an essential dive tool.

Only the players with extremely good virtual spacial awareness will be able to use Doomfist well enough to make him a threat. You have to knock proper in game distances to use his abilities properly and the majority of players don't have that skill. Think Genji's ult, a bad Genji may kill one or two tightly grouped player with their ult, a fairly good genji will be able to take out 4-6 players if they are tightly grouped up but a great genji with extreme virtual spacial sense can take out an entire team with his ult even if they are spread out because they just naturally know where everyone is and what it takes to reach them. Those are the guys who are going to be the most successful with Doomfist and it isn't a skill that anyone can practice. You have it or you don't.

But something tells me that you are just looking for a reason to explain why you don't play when the truth is your brain just got blunted to the dopemine chemical. If you think you need to keep showing up to tell everyone why you don't play just save your time because we really don't care. No really, nobody cares why some random guy on the internet doesn't play anymore.
    I am fairly certain, without doing the math/checking it in game yet, it's impossible for Genji to wipe out an entire spread out team with his ult. Considering each slash does 150 damage, and he only has 6 seconds and can barely kill a tank in that time. You need to have either an Ana ult and HOPE you can still make it, or a Zarya ult.

Either way, Doomfist doing any of that involves him getting right into the other team basically. I doubt he'll be that effective at stopping the tanks when the whole team is following them.

I am fairly certain, without doing the math/checking it in game yet, it's impossible for Genji to wipe out an entire spread out team with his ult. Considering each slash does 150 damage, and he only has 6 seconds and can barely kill a tank in that time. You need to have either an Ana ult and HOPE you can still make it, or a Zarya ult.

Either way, Doomfist doing any of that involves him getting right into the other team basically. I doubt he'll be that effective at stopping the tanks when the whole team is following them.
    Was this a do the math moment? Did you take me literally? Are there 6 players on each team or just Genji v 6? I assume the rest of the team is capable of putting out some damage making it quite possible for a Genji to wipe a team using his ult and getting The maneuverability to do so since killing resets his ability to move long distances quickly. I've seen Genji's wipe entire teams who were spread out, they were fucking amazing and I admit that I don't have that level of spacial awareness. But some people do and it is amazing to watch.

Currently in the high end of play the most effective use of Doomfist on dive is with zarya bubbling him so he can live long enough to do some real damage. If you have a zarya (which pairs with dooms ult) you are not really playing dive which includes d.va and Winston.

Anyone who says doomfist makes the dive comp game even better doesn't actually know what they are talking about. Divers want to all land quickly in one spot and erradicate everyone there in a blitz attack, doomfist punches people out of dive zones and uppercuts them above the dive zone. You don't want your victims to not be in the dive zone. Doomfist is anti-dive. He knocks winstons out of bubbles every 4 seconds and the majority of his attacks go right through d.va's defence matrix. He shuts down flankers like Reaper with stun attacks and he is far more capable of lining up rocket punches on enemies that have to come to him than him to them because open spaces are bad for doomfist.

He is anti-dive, not dive. Can he dive? Yes, but there are better people who can get in and get out without dying or displacing targets to chose from like Tracer, Winston, D.Va and Genji.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-11 at 03:12 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any reason why Doomfist's charge attack always has to go in a straight line, rather than in the direction he's aiming? I could see how hitting the target into the ground and triggering the bonus damage might be OP so maybe that only works against walls, or perhaps if the ground impact knocks people into walls.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    Is there any reason why Doomfist's charge attack always has to go in a straight line, rather than in the direction he's aiming? I could see how hitting the target into the ground and triggering the bonus damage might be OP so maybe that only works against walls, or perhaps if the ground impact knocks people into walls.
    If anything I would prefer they changed his SLAM ability to work more like Winstons jump: make him slam where you aim rather than a set distance.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Doomfist nerfed again, if you uppercut and try to use your leap you have to look down to place your blue landing zone and if you can't see the blue it expends it without giving you the leap away. So you can't use it to get up higher reliably. Its kind of dumb in that you hit the button, it goes on cooldown but you get nothing for it. I'm hoping this is a bug myself, in the least it shouldn't activate but not go on cooldown.

Meh, my kid told me it is a bug, so I am off the ptr until they fix it, makes it bad to try and practice him.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-13 at 12:14 AM.

Is Doomfist's shotgun ability slightly projectile based?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It fires shotgun pellets in a spread. If you need more than that you need to be more detailed in your question.

It seemed last night that the issue with rising uppercut and Seismic slam to equal height locations has been fixed and if you can't use seismic it doesn't expend seismic. I could still from time to time use the combo to get to higher ground but I had to jump onto some objects to get the height higher.

Still wish he was voiced by Terry Crews....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It fires a shotgun spread of six projectiles, and it's not an ability. It's his primary fire.

I could still from time to time use the combo to get to higher ground but I had to jump onto some objects to get the height higher.
    I hate the way they designed Seismic Slam. The targetting reticule is incredibly inconsistent and hard to aim.

There are times where you can't get onto a ledge that's two feet away from you because your Rising Uppercut doesn't put you above eyeline, but you can move 20 yards away and jump off a crate and Seismic Slam the full distance if you get just slightly above the ledge at the peak of your jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It fires a shotgun spread of six projectiles, and it's not an ability. It's his primary fire.

I hate the way they designed Seismic Slam. The targetting reticule is incredibly inconsistent and hard to aim.

There are times where you can't get onto a ledge that's two feet away from you because your Rising Uppercut doesn't put you above eyeline, but you can move 20 yards away and jump off a crate and Seismic Slam the full distance if you get just slightly above the ledge at the peak of your jump.
    Doomfist will be make or break based on a players spacial awareness in a virtual space, if you are the type of player who understands the space you have to work with then you will be great, if not... well you will get the occasional rocket punch kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Doomfist will be make or break based on a players spacial awareness in a virtual space, if you are the type of player who understands the space you have to work with then you will be great, if not... well you will get the occasional rocket punch kill.
    Yeah. I'm a Genji main so he's a natural fit for my playstyle. His vertical mobility took a pretty big hit but you can still get around pretty easily. I've also spent a fair amount of time on the PTR testing all of his potential flanking routes.

There are some locations that are now off-limits to him, which is a bit of a bummer. Though when payloads move into areas you can use those for a vertical boost to get pretty much anywhere Genji can. And he's still got some crazy flanks in terms of horizontal distance covered, which are unique to him.