Poll: How do you think Kul'Tiras will be implemented? Will you be satisfied if so?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, i'd think they could at least petition their loa or the earth spirits to halt its sinking. they have to have shamanism.

would definitely be a truly interesting place. i've got a feeling though, that this zul will be old god related. if that's the case, there might not be much of the non-cultist population left. but, that means it's more likely to show up in this expansion. i doubt we'd go there if there's nothing old god related, since it'd be kinda random ya know?

most of the troll stuff that has been in expansions hasn't exactly fit in with the overarching story of the expansion. the last bit of troll action we got, was in mists, and they made that fit in to the story a bit. i get the feeling like blizzard's trying to be more... like, coherent with the story of expansions, ya know? so, i think they'd feel the need to make it fit in.
    Haha, I love how your said it, to "petition" their loa. "Excuse-me Loa-Sir? Sorry to bother you, but, well, it's kind of complicated to explain but the whole damn island is sinking right now."

Joke aside, I agree with you the chances are strong that Zul ends up allying himself to the Old Gods if Zandalar happens to be involved in an Old Gods expansion. Maybe the Old Gods corruption is what is gonna send us to all these different places afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting it to be a continent broken up. People posting that they'd just make pretty much every island on the south seas a zone aren't looking at it through the devs eyes, those are all potential expansions that they can make and expand.

So yup, expecting Continent with different districts broken up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really really really hope Kul'Tiras does not suffer from Broken Islands effect and ends up turned into a continent.

I voted for the isle being part of a chain of isles in the South Seas.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    Kul'Tiras might be the Horde zone of 8.0. We know that Jaina doesn't like the Alliance anymore since they kicked her out of the Council of the Six. She might take revenge by siding with the Horde and handing Kul'Tiras over to them.

Alliance will try to take it back during the pre-launch event but they fail. Jaina herself will kill Genn Greymane and Anduin swears he will avenge his uncle. Sylvanas and Jaina rule the Horde together, but in 8.1 Sylvanas betrays Jaina and kills her. Sylvanas will be the end boss of that raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I really really really really hope Kul'Tiras does not suffer from Broken Islands effect and ends up turned into a continent.

I voted for the isle being part of a chain of isles in the South Seas.
    I'm with you on this buddy! I mean, it could end up not being that bad if it is a continent, I was globally satisfied with the Broken Isles, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Kul'Tiras might be the Horde zone of 8.0. We know that Jaina doesn't like the Alliance anymore since they kicked her out of the Council of the Six. She might take revenge by siding with the Horde and handing Kul'Tiras over to them.

Alliance will try to take it back during the pre-launch event but they fail. Jaina herself will kill Genn Greymane and Anduin swears he will avenge his uncle. Sylvanas and Jaina rule the Horde together, but in 8.1 Sylvanas betrays Jaina and kills her. Sylvanas will be the end boss of that raid tier.
    Never going to happen. Jaina HATES the Horde since they destroyed her city, Theramore. And it is the Kirin Tor that kicked her out the Council of the Six, not the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account

Haha what.

Jaina doesn't like Alliance, because Alliance didn't hate Horde enough, so this is doubtful.

Now this is shitposting! Bravo you brave soul.

They could make Kul Tiras a continent-sized expansion but I would prefer they didn't. I'd rather have an island hopping expac.

I think Kul Tiras will be a single zone among many that are far apart as islands in a South Seas expansion. Troll-themed content is way overdue, and wouldn't fit on an island like Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras is a city state as well, and would barely span far enough to pass for an entire zone like Suramar did. I suspect Blizzard — with areas such as the Broken Shore and Argus — are experimenting with ways to tell different stories in many smaller, more compact zones, rather than 4 or 5 large ones.

Deleted
    I am far more interested to see Zandalar and Kezan then Kul'tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    I think Kul Tiras will be a single zone among many that are far apart as islands in a South Seas expansion. Troll-themed content is way overdue, and wouldn't fit on an island like Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras is a city state as well, and would barely span far enough to pass for an entire zone like Suramar did. I suspect Blizzard — with areas such as the Broken Shore and Argus — are experimenting with ways to tell different stories in many smaller, more compact zones, rather than 4 or 5 large ones.
    Actually trolls would be fitting if Kul'Tiras was its own expansion since it is near the small island of Zul'Dare. Not that I'm rooting for it, quite the contrary, but it could happen.

Kul'tiras can't handle the "continent approach" like Broken Isles etc. It's too similar and too "boring" to span an entire expansion.

Considering Azeroth isn't as big in game as it is in lore they could maybe pull something where on the map its small but the actual landmass in game could be the size of Pandaria or Broken Isles making it closer to the size it would be in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Kul'tiras can't handle the "continent approach" like Broken Isles etc. It's too similar and too "boring" to span an entire expansion.
    I thought the same about the Broken Isles, and then Legion happened. I really hope Kul'Tiras doesn't get the Broken Isles treatment though.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Considering Azeroth isn't as big in game as it is in lore they could maybe pull something where on the map its small but the actual landmass in game could be the size of Pandaria or Broken Isles making it closer to the size it would be in lore.
    I thought about it as well. Kind making the scale bigger for the zones, as in it is more realistic and detailed, not "really" continent-sized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul'tiras is going to be an Island, and an Alliance hub. The Horde hub is going to be elsewhere, probably Kezan. There's probably going to be an open scenario on both islands where the Horde and Alliance have to enter the islands and fight back Naga who have invaded.

Kul'tiras simply isn't big enough to be the hub for both factions, and having multiple questing zones. It's not a continent.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My bet is that it will be Suramar of next expansion. Some hidden Old Gods cult and Jaina manipulated into this. We will infiltrate the city and save/kill Jaina in first raid tier.

My theories, from most likely to least likely.

Theory 1: South Seas expansion
    Having Undermine, Kezan, Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Tel'abim and other places all in one expansion would be cool.

Theory 2: Kul Tiras expansion
    Kul Tiras is expanded into a full continent. The Red Shirt Guy made a cool example of how it could work. I suggest people to check it out:
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...dows-kul-tiras

Theory 3: Lordaeron Expansion

I talked about it in another thread (that got no attention), so I'll repost here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Another-theory

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What if the next expansion is NOT south seas, but something akin to my "Lands of Conflict" expansion concept that would phase out the entire northern part of Eastern Kingdoms? I mean, it even had a Void entity as the main villain. Kul Tiras could still be a zone used in it, it would just be in the Eastern Kingdoms instead of a new map.

With the revamp of Murlocs, Yeti, Kobolds and Troggs, almost all native humanoids of Eastern Kingdoms are covered. (Still lacks Gnolls, thought).

Northern Eastern Kingdoms has lots of potential for updates. For example, you can:

* Finally seize the opportunity to put Quel'thalas in the Eastern Kingdoms continent.
    * Bring Alterac and Stromgarde to new glories
    * Update the (former) Plaguelands into new, purified zones
    * Update many places forgotten, like Hammerfall, Southshore, Aerie Peak
    * Finally have a use for Gilneas
    * Change the landscape by having Alliance and Horde claim and transform different parts of the land as part of their conflict (in my old concept, one of the ideas I most liked was Alliance retaking Caer Darrow and making a base over the ruins of Scholomance. Another one was Horde taking Jintha'alor and turning it into a new troll capital).
    * new zones could include old known places like Maisara Hills (Zul'aman), Kul Tiras and the old Dragon Isles concept.
    * Finally end several plotlines dangling since Warcraft 3

In my old expansion concept, the story starts with the Alliance moving north and retaking Stromgarde, while Horde retake Alterac to serve as a bulwark against the Alliance.

Also, remember, this is NOT a revamp like in Cataclysm. The entire updated version would be a phase over the old one, like they did in Blasted Lands, but spanning multiple zones. The old content still exists and is what you see when leveling an alt, and high level characters can talk to a dragon to "travel in time" and access it. The new version is available for leveling in the new expansion, so it's all high-level content.

Unlikely, I know. But possible (thought I'm terribly biased towards this idea). But I did send my concept to Dave Kozak via twitter back in the day (near end of MoP, so several years ago), so there's a tiny mythic-only-mount-drop-percentage chance the idea circulated around Blizzard offices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Jaina doesn't like Alliance, because Alliance didn't hate Horde enough, so this is doubtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Never going to happen. Jaina HATES the Horde since they destroyed her city, Theramore. And it is the Kirin Tor that kicked her out the Council of the Six, not the Alliance!
    Yeah. "They don't think Horde is the real threat? Let me show them how wrong they are." That's what she might be thinking.

And Kirin Tor is basically part of the Alliance.

I can already see it in my mind. Genn Greymane crawling before Jaina and she says: "This one's for not taking Theramore seriously." and blasting his skull with one last firebolt. Meanwhile orc soldiers are burning Kul'Tiras banners in the background and replacing them with Horde flags.

....I want the drugs you're on.