Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    "according to three people with knowledge of the email."

Anonymous sources cite private email which gets headlines.
    And this is journalism?
    The three sources are White House advisors, and the reporters know exactly who they are. They just can't tell us.
    The reporters vet everything because they know they would be sued/attacked if they didn't.

This entire three-day drip release has been from the same anonymous White House sources, and none of it is being denied by Trump Jr.

You were saying?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    89 pages of emotional arguments which is quite sad.
    89 pages of constantly mounting evidence. Remember the "emotional argument" of Trump firing Comey?

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Outside of your weird bubble, then, it's actually heating up.
    Actually the Comey firing was the real story, but everyone is fixated on Russia which is quite puzzling. Almost like people are stuck in a bubble or something...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    89 pages of constantly mounting evidence. Remember the "emotional argument" of Trump firing Comey?
    Mounting evidence that has gone nowhere and the Comey story has withered on the vine. I am not shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounting evidence that has gone nowhere and the Comey story has withered on the vine. I am not shocked.
    Wow. That's some epic-level denial right there. Trump is currently being investigated for obstruction of justice for firing Comey. That's not withering on the vine, dude.

One more time, everyone: just because you have not heard anything from the investigation, does not mean they have not found anything.

Wow. That's some epic-level denial right there. Trump is currently being investigated for obstruction of justice for firing Comey. That's not withering on the vine, dude.

One more time, everyone: just because you have not heard anything from the investigation, does not mean they have not found anything.
    You can not presume either way how the investigation will conclude.But as far as the Comey firing at the moment the story is dead six feet under.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can not presume either way how the investigation will conclude
    Why not? You literally did that fifteen minutes ago.

Blatant hypocrisy. Ignored.

Yeah give it three months and the Russia story dies down. I predicted this months ago and I am seeing the story losing steam and it is only July.
    Uh huh.

You do realize it's actually gotten worse in the past 2 months. Way way worse right? Like, today?

No. Of course you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

You can not presume either way how the investigation will conclude.But as far as the Comey firing at the moment the story is dead six feet under.
    The President of the United States is under investigation for obstruction of justice by a special counsel appointed specifically because of the firing.

Your definition of "dead six feat under" apparently includes... that which is very much alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Uh huh.

You do realize it's actually gotten worse in the past 2 months. Way way worse right? Like, today?

No. Of course you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

The President of the United States is under investigation for obstruction of justice by a special counsel appointed specifically because of the firing.

Your definition of "dead six feat under" apparently includes... that which is very much alive?
    It's almost disappointing how cliched these things seem to manifest themselves. Russians identify the dumbest, the most gullible person in the campaign that has the most access, the candidates son, they use a dopey go between to set up a meeting, and they send the sort of glamourous female lawyer named Natalia to work him over. And of course, Donkey Trump Jr brings Manafort and Kushner with him.

Edit - where do you think the leaks are coming from? Chris Hayes' panel were talking about them coming from Kushner. Justice Dept? Someone else in the White House? Russias?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2017-07-11 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    It's almost disappointing how cliched these things seem to manifest themselves. Russians identify the dumbest, the most gullible person in the campaign that has the most access, the candidates son, they use a dopey go between to set up a meeting, and they send the sort of glamourous female lawyer named Natalia to work him over. And of course, Donkey Trump Jr brings Manafort and Kushner with him.

Edit - where do you think the leaks are coming from? Chris Hayes' panel were talking about them coming from Kushner. Justice Dept? Someone else in the White House? Russias?
    I'm not buying for a moment that Trump Sr. didn't know about the meeting. On June 9th 2016 his tweets about Hilary's email became more fierce and Trump started adding specific details like the alleged number of missing emails, 33000 and using the word deleted. It's suspicious at the very least that Trumps behavior changed the day which Trump Jr had a meeting with a Russian lawyer who had dirt on Clinton but allegedly didn't.

Of course the story has changed from we didn't meet with the Russians to we only met them in an unofficial capacity to we met them to receive dirt on Hillary but they didn't have any.

It's not like poor old Jr. got set up by the Russians. Trump Sr. knew about the meeting, he just sent Jr. because it's less incriminating.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I'm not buying for a moment that Trump Sr. didn't know about the meeting. On June 9th 2016 his tweets about Hilary's email became more fierce and Trump started adding specific details like the alleged number of missing emails, 33000 and using the word deleted. It's suspicious at the very least that Trumps behavior changed the day which Trump Jr had a meeting with a Russian lawyer who had dirt on Clinton but allegedly didn't.

Of course the story has changed from we didn't meet with the Russians to we only met them in an unofficial capacity to we met them to receive dirt on Hillary but they didn't have any.

It's not like poor old Jr. got set up by the Russians. Trump Sr. knew about the meeting, he just sent Jr. because it's less incriminating.
    Would it matter if he wasn't aware? It was still his people, working on his behalf, that he supported, and he trusted, and he appointed.

He may have been able to place blame on others as a businessman, but as a political leader you can't just cut loose all your subordinates the second some dirt comes up, because ultimately you are responsible for them being in the position to do these things in the first place.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    where do you think the leaks are coming from? Chris Hayes' panel were talking about them coming from (#4)Kushner. (#3)Justice Dept? (#1)Someone else in the White House? (#2)Russias?
    If I had to guess, I'd put them in that order.

#1: The WH is full of various forms of staff that hear things and see things. Translators, waiters, and the Secret Service. Trump is woefully behind on appointments (we are just not getting an ambassador to Italy. ITALY. It's fucking July.) and I find it astronomically hard to believe every single one of these, erm, "red shirts" was personally checked out. Rogue POTUS Staff may or may not be real, but non-political jobs may have seen the tragedy of Trump faster than anyone, and want the world to know about it.

#2: It should be patently obvious by now that Trump does not honor deals. If Trump, or far more likely Trump's team, made a deal with Russia in exchange for, oh I don't know, removing sanctions, backing out of Syria, or forming a cybersecurity unit apparently not even Trump is that stupid, and that is no longer happening, I see no reason why they wouldn't "sue" by throwing everything they have at destroying him. Or, just as possible, Russia wants to destroy the USA's value on the world stage, and Trump's not doing it fast enough for their liking, so they're hacking and leaking out of pure unadulterated malice.

#3: I put this later only because people in the FBI, CIA, etc etc know goddam well what leaks do and how incredibly criminal they are. Some of them might still do it, but unlike a SS agent or Bob the White House Janitor, they know that the stick isn't always worth the carrot.

#4: Nepotism got Kushner basically everything he has. I find it highly unlikely that anyone in Trump's family, directly profiting off of the situation, would bite the hand that feeds him Russian caviar every day.

I'd put Priebus (and his staff) between #2 and #3 and there's no chance it's Bannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I get your point and I know I'm probably in the minority, but I respectfully disagree. Trump Sr. sending Trump Jr. is the opposite of "less incriminating". Asking your family to go take care of a problem is what gets mafia members arrested. And I don't see Trump Jr. hiring a mafia lawyer or god dammit why do I even say things.

I'm curious...
    For as nationalistic as Bannon is, why would he go along with all this collusion with the Russians? He can't be that willfully ignorant to not be screaming up a storm in the Whitehouse, could he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    For as nationalistic as Bannon is, why would he go along with all this collusion with the Russians?
    First of all, maybe he didn't know about it, and he probably didn't do it.

Second of all, Bannon strikes me as the type of person who would do anything to further his agenda.

First of all, maybe he didn't know about it, and he probably didn't do it.

Second of all, Bannon strikes me as the type of person who would do anything to further his agenda.
    I can't imagine he's that willfully ignorant.

I fully agree, he certainly sounds like someone that would do anything to further his agenda, but it's still unbelievable that we as armchair quarterbacks can see all this unfolding in front of us, and he's living it, in the thick of it all and can't see how horrible the path to his agenda is going to turn out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Uh huh.

No. Of course you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just your typical Trump supporter; down is up, up is down, spheres are flat, the earth is indestructible through God's good will, and adultery is blasphemous (but only if you get caught).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    can you say fake news?
    if any of this was true they had this information for months and did nothing with it when it could of destroyed him, but they supposedly sat on it and let him win the election?

This is just more fake news to pile onto the Flynn situation.
    You done with your apologist behavior now? Or do you need someone else from the Trump family to tell you it happened?

And this is journalism?
    ...except Trump Jr. released the entire e-mail chain to preempt the NYT story which confirms that the offered information was from the Russian government and the whole purpose of the meeting was to get dirt on Clinton.

So yes, this is indeed journalism.

And this is journalism?
    Wow, this one sure did not age well.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    I'm curious...
    For as nationalistic as Bannon is, why would he go along with all this collusion with the Russians? He can't be that willfully ignorant to not be screaming up a storm in the Whitehouse, could he?
    First off - welcome to the Alt-Reich's concept of "Selfish interest". They don't give a damn about the big picture, so long as they get what THEY want in the short-term!

Secondly, Not sure if you've seen how Putin's been running Russia recently - but he's pretty much been the Epitome of White Religious Power figure there. Yes, Putin - just like Dumbass Dump - claims to be a christian while also putting his foot down on all things LGBT/not-white.

Also consider that Dumbass Dump wants to go isolationist (or so he was saying) so Bannon probably didn't care what Russia gets out of it, as long as he got what he wanted.

It's really not hard to see why Bannon, or any Klan member, would want collusion with Russia if it meant they were in power as the result.

Did you not see the clansmen protesting the removal of that Confederate Statue a few months ago, where they were shouting crap about how "Russia is our friend!" in between admonishings for trying to "remove/deny a historical figure"?

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Wow, this one sure did not age well.
    Do they ever?