Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 7.3 and 7.3.5 are going to last 9 months?

So far each Legion PVP season lasted for exactly 3 months. According to this string (Legion Season 5, 6 & 7 (New) - Legion Season 5, 6 & 7) it seems we are going to get 3 PVP season with patch 7.3. I guess that mean:

7.3 new quest zone + new artifact changes + Season 5 (starts in mid September)
    7.3.5 class changes with Argus raid + Season 6 (starts in mid December)
    7.4 minior raid with no new set models + Season 7 (Starts in mid March)

If all of this is correct, we are going to see the next expansion in June/July 2018.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    If all of this is correct, we are going to see the next expansion in June/July 2018.
    Will be later, expect December 2018 or early January 2019

10+ Year Old Account
    So far each Legion PVP season lasted for exactly 3 months. According to this string (Legion Season 5, 6 & 7 (New) - Legion Season 5, 6 & 7) it seems we are going to get 3 PVP season with patch 7.3. I guess that mean:

7.3 new quest zone + new artifact changes + Season 5 (starts in mid September)
    7.3.5 class changes with Argus raid + Season 6 (starts in mid December)
    7.4 minior raid with no new set models + Season 7 (Starts in mid March)

the SHORTEST time for ANY of the expansions from announcment to release was 1yr and 5 days... In order to conform to your guess then they would have to announce within the next two weeks... Chances of that announcement coming are zero. If you see an announcement before Blizzcon in NOVEMBER I'll be shocked... like the other person said, you are likely looking at very late 2018 or early 2019 release date.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    the SHORTEST time for ANY of the expansions from announcment to release was 1yr and 5 days... In order to conform to your guess then they would have to announce within the next two weeks... Chances of that announcement coming are zero. If you see an announcement before Blizzcon in NOVEMBER I'll be shocked... like the other person said, you are likely looking at very late 2018 or early 2019 release date.
    It wouldn't be the first time they dropped information about an expansion before Blizzcon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time they dropped information about an expansion before Blizzcon though.
    Because even IF they DID announce at Gamescon (like Legion was) that is 22-26 August which is 6wks from now which is the ONLY time they announced an expansion other than Blizzcon and they did it to stave off the bleed and rage from WOD.

My point is OP isn't going to get his wish fulfilled of seeing the next expansion next June/July.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Because even IF they DID announce at Gamescon (like Legion was) that is 22-26 August which is 6wks from now which is the ONLY time they announced an expansion other than Blizzcon and they did it to stave off the bleed and rage from WOD.

My point is OP isn't going to get his wish fulfilled of seeing the next expansion next June/July.
    Legion has been very different to other expansions in terms of content pacing and release schedules. Basing what to expect from previous times is the safe bet, but Blizzard's got something to prove against safe betters.

Not really. September as the earliest date, Blizzard won't release another expansion in summer especially not when the sky's not falling as it was with WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They only did this once, with Legion and we know why they needed to do so.

7+ Year Old Account

to be fair legion is being one of the fastest expansions, and they are fina fucking lee off that "1 year expansion" thing
    so we could see an anouncement at gamescon

also are you trying to say 9 months will be too long?
    every expansion has had atleast a 10-14 month gap at the end
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-12 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Announcement Gamescon
    month later 7.3
    Halfway november Raid
    January 7.3.5
    January Beta
    Live may/june

Im probally totally wrong here but one can only hope!

Deleted
    9 months gap from last tier to next expansion? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

OMG this one is funny. IF 7.3 launches in september - october (They could launch it later and release the raid for christmas), we get an anouncement at Blizzcon for 8.0 (if we get it...). Next expansion won't hit until early mid 2019. I'll say it here so I can quote myself in the future. Next expansion won't release before december 2018. This is 100% for sure.

9 months, mid 2018 new expansion... how funny, at least I had a good laught.

I agree that December 2018 is highly probable.
    I am just wondering if there will be smaller patch after 7.3.5 to keep people entertained, or if they really plan to go on the full remaining time until the prepatch without any form of added content. Let's see if they learned from the past.

even if legion content is way more than wod in terms of raids, dungeons etc i still think there will be like a 1 year window between last raid and next expansion, maybe they do another small tov raid with 2-3 bosses for some story stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    They announced Legion at Gamescom, could very well get the same here.

Deleted
    There will be a 7.4 or at least a ToV-style "filler raid" between the 7.3 raid and Argus. Personally, I think they are already working on that filler now so that once 7.3 hits, they can fully dedicate their time on the expansion and just release the content they've already pocketed to "feed the masses".

Personally, I would not be unhappy to have a 9 month raid tier before the next expac because we usually use this time to fill up the guild bank through sell runs in order to prepare for the next expac. Kind of a natural way: End of an expac, progress raids sell their runs to make money, beginning of an expac, progress raids spend all that money back to the general population by buying mats and stuff for pre-gearing the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not really. September as the earliest date, Blizzard won't release another expansion in summer especially not when the sky's not falling as it was with WoD.
    They released entire games in summer. Blizzard doesn't care what time of year it is.

I wouldn't be surprised, nor would I complain honestly. For a final tier, I don't mind it lasting 9 months. Typically end of xpacs, you can nail down the little things you missed along the way of an xpac and I'd rather Blizz finish an expansion than released bug-filled half-assed content.

Deleted
    Expect a fairly late release on 7.3 and a long stretch until next expansion. I am guessing we will see the next expansion around September/October 2018. I expect 7.3 around November/December.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    They announced Legion at Gamescom, could very well get the same here.
    You could be correct, I still stand by my position, if they announce it before Blizzcon I'll be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They released entire games in summer. Blizzard doesn't care what time of year it is.
    They do care especially when it comes to WoW. Legion has been the only expansion released in Summer and that happened only because they had to hurry up.

7.3 will hit live servers in August / September and 7.3.5 with Antorus opening will hapen 6-8 weeks later so sometimes in October / November. To think that they'll release the next expansion in Summer just 7-9 months later is pretty naive.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-12 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Vanilla - November 2004 for US, February 2005 for EU.
    Burning Crusade - January 2007
    Wrath of the Lich King - November 2008
    Cataclysm - December 2010
    Mists of Pandaria - September 2012
    Warlords - November 2014
    Legion - August 2016, 30th though so realistically September 2016.

When it comes to WoW Blizzard has no track record of releasing expansions during summer break, there's no basis to assume they will now. If anything, Autumn release is the most likely option.

Besides that, Overwatch and D3 got released in May, Reaper of Souls and Hearthstone in March. They have literally not released a game in a summer month (June, July, August) in about 10 years.

They have a pattern of releasing WoW expansions in the last 4 months of the year at year end closing and other franchises around the time Q2 financial results are reported. Don't think they don't plan their announcements and releases, you need to grow up and educate yourself if you do.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-07-12 at 12:09 PM.