Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Red face How can we make WoW more Addicting/Fun? Give your Opinion

Bring out your inner game designer self and give opinions from your experience in other games on "how to make WoW more Addicting/Fun"

Here is my opinion:

All other games are addicting because of "Ranked Systems" so:
    First i would invent a new type of item that everyone wants. Everyone must drool at the sight of said "new items"
    Then i would implement a system where the population would be divided by Social Classes(LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) and reward each class with a unique reward (new items)
    This would give prestige back to the game but at the same time give a goal or a epic journey to each Social Class.
    Maybe you like more the "new item" version of LFR, then go do it! After that you can try and get the "new item" in Normal mode.

EXPLANATION: The idea of dividing WoW in Social Classes or "Different Skill Levels" is essential to create a competetive environment
    Everyone would be on a epic quest (according to their skill level) to get said "new items".
    The "new items" must be something that EVERYONE wants. Make it as much snowflake as possible and must be impossible to get once the expansion ends to not flood the system with "awesome items"

I think the game needs an account bound currency, that could be accumulated by doing ANYTHING in the game (leveling from 1, old raid mount hunting, and max level stuff obviously rewarding the most currency.) That currency can be spent on specific items(flavor items, toys, x-mog items, even mounts).....that could be added to with each patch and expansion....so, if in the next expansion they add some sort of player housing.....that currency could be spent on special pieces for your housing along with the other items. The idea sounds extremely plausible to me, and allows the players to play the game however they want without feeling like they are "forced" into content.

Deleted
    Differentiate the Social Classes by allowing each class to learn a spell directly proportional with their rank. Each rank would become more powerful not only in damage but also in aesthetics.
    Allow Bosses to drop " Tome of [insert spell name] [insert rank name] " depending on difficulty.
    Allow some kills in World PvP to drop " Pages of the above Tomes " . You would need x pages to create the Tome.

7+ Year Old Account
    beeing able to sell raid mounts on the autionhouse

make all dungeon and LFR loot blue and the rest purple

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    I think the game needs an account bound currency, that could be accumulated by doing ANYTHING in the game (leveling from 1, old raid mount hunting, and max level stuff obviously rewarding the most currency.) That currency can be spent on specific items(flavor items, toys, x-mog items, even mounts).....that could be added to with each patch and expansion....so, if in the next expansion they add some sort of player housing.....that currency could be spent on special pieces for your housing along with the other items. The idea sounds extremely plausible to me, and allows the players to play the game however they want without feeling like they are "forced" into content.
    I don't necessarily disagree with this but if you have a character that's been around quite a bit and has obtained most of the things they were after from old raids, would they then have to re-run those old raids to gain currency? Would they have to grind out LFR's/Dungeons where there is nothing they are interested in to gain currency? It's interesting but it looks like it will turn into a grind.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

World PvP for actual rewards. Like make a weekly world quest that gives out a ton of AP or even a chance to drop a vicious mount saddle to kill a capital city boss. Have the quest go both ways. One is kill x number of enemy players for the quest the other is kill the enemy boss. Have one quest for each side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give more time between patches, to do other activities than in current expac.

By making things matter more.

Have less loot, mounts, less everything.

We have so much of it, that nothing of it matters. I would love to have only 3 mounts that I worked super hard for, and 5 epics that were damn hard and required some wiping.

We are stuck in a phase where mounts is just a number of how many you have and gear is just how much gold you make out of it by DEing it.

For one thing, they could make all mounts count towards achievements, not just "usable by a single character". Toys are like this, why not mounts? I have almost 300 mounts, but still no achievement for 250.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar has that with Omnibits.

But to make wow fun again, they would have to remove lfr, since it would create more players needing to socilize to raid.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Implement a better reward system where time and difficulty are key components. Spend no time and/or do easy content and get crappy rewards, spend a lot of time and/or do difficult content and get good rewards.

Also only have 2 actual raid and dungeon difficulties that give gear. LFR will be only for sightseeing and mythic only for prestige.

Lessen the amount of gear we get by 90% so getting something feels special.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    THe one thing I've always wanted in WoW and I say in all these types of threads. RIFTS/FATES like in RIFT and FF14. Constant random objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Then i would implement a system where the population would be divided by Social Classes(LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) and reward each class with a unique reward (new items)
    This would give prestige back to the game but at the same time give a goal or a epic journey to each Social Class.
    I humbly submit to consideration that the LFR class 'epic journey' should periodically award in-game guillotines.

eat the raiders
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2017-07-12 at 04:47 PM.

I would remove LFR in an instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is gold, no ? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    OP isn't that just the transmogs you get for different difficulty? I mean tier is already looking different on LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic version.

get rid of menu craft philosophy and back to a "living world" of a mmo, stop pruning of classes abilities for the sake of pruning, complete overhaul of all things pvp

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Give more time between patches, to do other activities than in current expac.
    Erh..What? Sounds like the worst idea I've ever fucking heard in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    the population would be divided
    Already a terrible idea. Besides, what do you really know about people to label them one or the other way? Nothing. How asinine.