Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    That song is shit, why does it have so many views? Ugh.
    it doesn't have to be good to be popular.. ever listened to the radio?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post
    DONT! The song is the worst!

Seriously though you may enjoy it, I hated it the second I heard it :P
    Too late, just heard it.

Never hated a song so much in my life, like fuck me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah the song is tied to the "Fast and the Furious" movies which make over a billion dollars a movie. It's not a very good song IMO.
    I like it. Do I think it's 3b views good? Hell naw.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yeah the song is tied to the "Fast and the Furious" movies which make over a billion dollars a movie. It's not a very good song IMO.
    Even more so, See You Again took a couple years to hit that point. Gangnam Style manage to hit record views in the shortest amount of time. So, nothing worth bragging about.

This thread is people stating their subjective opinions as objective and going out of their way to say they've never heard of something.

In other words, children gonna be childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This thread is people stating their subjective opinions as objective and going out of their way to say they've never heard of something.

So what does that make you? Nvm, don't care.

View count means nothing, it has 15 mln likes and 500k dislikes. As far as I know you can only like video only once so most of those views are the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

I've genuinely never heard of Despacito.

On topic. Song is a good tribute to Paul Walker and it really isn't that bad imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    So what does that make you? Nvm, don't care.

View count means nothing, it has 15 mln likes and 500k dislikes. As far as I know you can only like video only once so most of those views are the same people.
    Lots of people don't bother with the like/dislike system they simply watch a video and move on. At least I know I don't.

It's not a very good song IMO.
    It's Wiz Khalifa, the fuck were you expecting?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So? Both are utter shit by talentless posers who should be fired out of a cannon and into the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my type of music, music on the radio now days sounds all the same, I cannot tell most artists apart anymore :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I vaguely remember this song from having watched the movie. RIP Paul Walker. Stopped listening to rap after 2010, and haven't even listened to a single rap artist that wasn't already an established act prior to 2001; save for a very select few. And Wiz ain't one of 'em. It appears I've officially hit the "get off my lawn" and "Crazy kids, this isn't music/ back in my day" stage of my life. That's pretty fucking depressing come to think about it. Probably missing out on some good shit.

But if the number of hits on Youtube have become a metric for quality of content, then I might be dodging a bullet. Because that isn't music, and back in my day that shit would have gotten thrown in the trash with the rest of the demo crap. Now get off my lawn. Crazy kids.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Garbage ''song''.

Never watched it, heard of it, heard of the singers or watched fast and furious. I think it all sucks, tbh.

Wiz Khalifa talking normally (at times with autotune or something like that) with some music with playing in the background doesn't qualify as singing to me. And while the other guy is a musical giant when compared to Khalifa, outside of that comparison his pitch of voice is just annoying. At least the song quality fits the quality of the Fast and Furious franchise perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Its amazing what crap movies can make at the box office. You must be counting merchandising as well. Furious 7 and The Fate of the Furious are the only two that made over a billion world wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'd never heard of it either until this thread. Having watched it now, it's obviously just the Fast & Furious fans racking up the views as an elegy to Paul Walker. As a song it doesn't deserve the popularity is has IMO.
    To be fair, I saw him at a concert in London with 23 other artists. Now I don't like pop music so much,(Mrs dragged me to go there) however, he was one of 4 artists who put their soul into it. He was literally crying at the end of his performance, real passion still. Other ones just lipsynched.

Both boring songs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycans View Post
    To be fair, I saw him at a concert in London with 23 other artists. Now I don't like pop music so much,(Mrs dragged me to go there) however, he was one of 4 artists who put their soul into it. He was literally crying at the end of his performance, real passion still. Other ones just lipsynched.
    don't you only think he has soul because of his race?

10+ Year Old Account
    It amazes me to hear that there are people who haven't heard this song before.

It is played 20 times a day on the radio. It is played in public places - grocery stores, shopping malls - on television and I have even heard it as hold music before.

If you've truly never heard the song - even in part - you either live in a non English-speaking part of the world (and even then, it's probably played everywhere anyway), or you actively avoid pretty much all public places and plug your ears when you hear the first few bars of any sort of music played in public that is not in line with your tastes.

I'm not a huge fan of the song itself, but I can't wrap my head around the kind of social life a person must have in order to have never heard the song before.

I mean I guess it's possible, but realistically it's more likely that you just don't recognize it because you weren't really paying attention.