Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Plus, I doubt we'll see N'zoth in an Elemental Plane, they don't reside there.
    N'zoth's prison is near/around Vashj'ir, too far away from the Maelstrom to be relevant in this context.
    I think a lot of people in this thread are forgetting that the OP said (paraphrasing) "It's not N'Zoth himself, just a representation." Why he would be manifesting an avatar of himself in Deepholm is anyone's guess.

Personally I don't see it very clearly, even with the Paint markups, but I'm not a great abstract thinker. Clouds just look like clouds to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Well, to me that looks more like a U of stars. Just me 2 cents.
    Yeah, calling that a "circle" isn't even a reach. It's just ramrodding a theory into a picture.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Threw this really messy edit together for those that are having struggle seeing the tentacles (Not sure how people could have troubles, it's very clear) but here you go, to help you compare it against the original.

And to those saying "But that skybox has been there since catacylsm" so?

It's not hard to re-add content or make changes to old/existing content.
    Now it just looks like a badly drawn crab, or a spider that got stepped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's there intentionally because there is a giant magical rift above Deepholme connecting it to Azeroth that elemental energy swirls into. Swirling energy isn't anything new.
    It's a magical rift above Deepholme with energy swirls that clearly resemble eight tentacles. Not three, not five, not seven, eight. It might be swirling energy but it's swirling energy with a meaning and not just random stuff that - surprise surprise - has eight tentacle-like vortexes spreading from its center.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's there intentionally because there is a giant magical rift above Deepholme connecting it to Azeroth that elemental energy swirls into. Swirling energy isn't anything new.
    1. Need I remind you that the Maelstrom was created BECAUSE of an Old God's Removal from the Planet?
    2. It's obvious Deepholm is close to the center of Azeroth. And since Old Gods are deep underneath Azeroth, it's likely that N'zoth could be nearby Deepholm.

I truly dislike these people who see something like this, something that could be easily interpreted as Old God related, and then throw it away without giving it a second thought because "Nope, I can't see anything so there must be no substance to this."
    It's not like there's a better theory to hop on board to when it comes to drowning in a Circle of Stars. Plus, "Drown yourself"? Like how the Maelstrom is surrounded by water? How it's very close to Nazj'atar, the capital of the Naga? WHO HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH THE OLD GODS??

I'm sorry, but I think, considering everything, the Maelstrom must have something to do with N'zoth.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

This visual is also in the shaman class hall, floating above the Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Wow. Still acting like this is a court of law with a Grand Jury presiding over video game discussion.

Get some fresh air, dude. We know we're speculating. You're the only person seeking COLD, HARD, IRREFUTABLE FACTS.

None of us have that, to repeat myself, and it's starting to be absurd that you just keep repeating yourself. Simply leave this thread if you're so straight edge that you need FACTS to even have a discussion.

You have provided no proof that it isn't N'zoth, and just because that's not how it works to you doesn't make you right. You're just naysaying for the sake of naysaying.
    The problem with your statement Bam is that you're presenting your evidence as FACTS and it's just theory. You can't fault someone for arguing your "facts" if that's how you present them.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

been in game since cata. you guys would've said it was concrete proof for the expac after cata.

it wasn't.

nor the one after that.

nor the one after that, too.

now?

well, its a shot in the dark for sure. Will he show up ? Yeah. Will it be next expac? Impossible to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not three, not five, not seven, eight
    There's at least nine. Possibly ten, since one of them splits off into two.
    The number of them has no bearing on what it may or may not represent, though.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    1. Need I remind you that the Maelstrom was created BECAUSE of an Old God's Removal from the Planet?
    2. It's obvious Deepholm is close to the center of Azeroth. And since Old Gods are deep underneath Azeroth, it's likely that N'zoth could be nearby Deepholm.

I truly dislike these people who see something like this, something that could be easily interpreted as Old God related, and then throw it away without giving it a second thought because "Nope, I can't see anything so there must be no substance to this."
    It's not like there's a better theory to hop on board to when it comes to drowning in a Circle of Stars. Plus, "Drown yourself"? Like how the Maelstrom is surrounded by water? How it's very close to Nazj'atar, the capital of the Naga? WHO HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH THE OLD GODS??

I'm sorry, but I think, considering everything, the Maelstrom must have something to do with N'zoth.
    "Drown yourself" could refer to entering the Maelstorm and landing in Deepholme, as you said. I mean the Maelstorm is surrounded by water and if you "drown yourself" at that spot you are in Deepholme. I always thought that zone could have MUCH MORE relevant storyline than it was given in Cataclysm.

7+ Year Old Account
    My Paint skills are pretty bad but I think it's pretty obvious what I wanted to show:

Some things why I think it's N'zoth:

- Fits perfectly into the Cataclysm storyline (Deepholme is a Cataclysm zone), N'zoth was the reason for Deathwings madness and his demise; he always played a bigger part in Vash'jir and should have had a bigger role in Cataclysm but Blizzard scrapped that to focus on Ragnaros and the Firelands

- Resembles N'zoth (Old God looking like a squid / octopus); we did not have any pictures of N'zoth before Hearthstone so there musn't be a 100% similarity between the Cataclysm sky and the drawing of N'zoth in Hearthstone

I would agree that it's just "magic swirling around" if there weren't eight tentacle-similar "vortexes" and if it would not fit so good into the Cataclysm background story.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore those naysayers, they provide nothing to the discussion except their vitriol. They're dragging you down without bringing in any arguments at all, they just keep saying "no no no". Concentrate more on speculating and less on convincing.
    hes a beast of horror, he does not need to have 8 tentacles, also hes a squid thing so those are most likely just more tentacles, allthough more stubby
    also there is no "left" stubby leg, you are confusing it with the background
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    There's at least nine. Possibly ten, since one of them splits off into two.
    The number of them has no bearing on what it may or may not represent, though.
    There are just eight clearly visible. Not seven, not nine, not ten. The number is the important thing next to them looking like tentacles with just 1% of imagination.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-13 at 08:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    been in game since cata. you guys would've said it was concrete proof for the expac after cata.

it wasn't.

nor the one after that.

nor the one after that, too.

now?

well, its a shot in the dark for sure. Will he show up ? Yeah. Will it be next expac? Impossible to tell.
    because now we have something to link to it "drown yourself in the circle of stars"
    also do you have a screenshot of that from back in cataclysm? can somone pop on a private server and confirm if this is or is not there?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    hes a beast of horror, he does not need to have 8 tentacles, also hes a squid thing so those are most likely just more tentacles, allthough more stubby
    also there is no "left" stubby leg, you are confusing it with the background
    As I said some pages before, I didn't know what those two things I marked as "Legs" could be but I still draw them that nobody of the naysayers here could step into and say "HAHAHA YOU FORGOT TO MARK THEM!"

There are just eight clearly visible.
    No, nine are clearly visible. One of which splits off into a tenth. There's a possible eleventh that isn't clearly visible. The number is not important.

If it were, that would be evidence that it's not depicting what you're saying. Because there's definitely more than eight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    No, nine are clearly visible. One of which splits off into a tenth. There's a possible eleventh that isn't clearly visible. The number is not important.

If it were, that would be evidence that it's not depicting what you're saying. Because there's definitely more than eight.
    As I said to another naysayer some pages ago, I'm not going to convince you, I'm fine with that but stop dragging down this theory without giving any other theories, arguments or explanations. "No, because... no" is just a poor way and cheap way of stopping a discussion (this thread is about SPECULATION, if you are unwilling to speculate don't post here).

As I said to another naysayer some pages ago, I'm not going to convince you, I'm fine with that but stop dragging down this theory without giving any other theories, arguments or explanations.
    I'm not nay-saying anything. You're presenting the argument that whether it is or is not something hinges directly on there being exactly eight of them. Which is wrong, observably. I'm the one saying it could represent something despite the number(which I don't think it does), and you're the one saying it can't based on some preconceived notion that for it to be an old god it must have precisely eight tentacles. Which it doesn't.

You're the naysayer, here.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because now we have something to link to it "drown yourself in the circle of stars"
    also do you have a screenshot of that from back in cataclysm? can somone pop on a private server and confirm if this is or is not there?
    http://tech.massivelinks.com/index.p...taclysm-part-3

heres an article i found from 2010 with the following picture in it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was the consensus before Chronicles/Legion that N'Zoth was inprisioned somehow beneath the Well of Eternity (current Maelstrom), because that's the equivalent of the Emerald Dream's Rift of Aln, and this is where Malfurion felt his presence while battling Xavius.

Nowadays, with the speculation that he may be near the Tomb of Sargeras, it is hard to pinpoint the possible location. But let's keep in mind that The Broken Isles used to be little islands drifting towards the Maelstrom.

Also, the energy swirl is visible from the Shaman's Order Hall: The Maelstrom, which means that it comes from beyond the skyes, vanishes into the Maelstrom, and is also visible from Deepholm.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Well, it was the consensus before Chronicles/Legion that N'Zoth was inprisioned somehow beneath the Well of Eternity (current Maelstrom), because that's the equivalent of the Emerald Dream's Rift of Aln, and this is where Malfurion felt his presence while battling Xavius.
    A consensus we now know was wrong, since that's where Y'Shaarj was located.

Nowadays, with the speculation that he may be near the Tomb of Sargeras, it is hard to pinpoint the possible location.
    Not really. It's shown quite clearly here:
    http://imgur.com/HRci6yl

That's roughly where Vashj'ir is now.

But let's keep in mind that The Broken Isles used to be little islands drifting towards the Maelstrom.
    That was largely a fan explanation for why the Broken Isles had a tendency to move around on maps (but then, so did a lot of things). If you compare Suramar's location pre-sundering to its location post-sundering, it hasn't moved:
    http://imgur.com/IGUHFXS
    https://s23.postimg.org/adx6u4pln/Fi...2_48_19_PM.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

Oh look, swirling tentacles, I guess the Orcs on Draenor were a hint that N'zoth would be in two expansions.

And I guess the Blood Princes having an orb with long tendrils was also a hint towards N'zoth.
    Blood prince orb has tendrils to show they are linked. Blood anima orb has that texture to show the effect of blood. Try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

Nowadays, with the speculation that he may be near the Tomb of Sargeras, it is hard to pinpoint the possible location. But let's keep in mind that The Broken Isles used to be little islands drifting towards the Maelstrom.

Also, the energy swirl is visible from the Shaman's Order Hall: The Maelstrom, which means that it comes from beyond the skyes, vanishes into the Maelstrom, and is also visible from Deepholm.
    They've hinted at a big connection/root across all Rifts of Aln. Spriest dagger even implies it.