Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    If it was someone I like. Yeah of course.

If it was someone I didn't like, Nah and would probably enjoy the satisfaction of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that exactly what you are doing by calling for help?
    I think you hit a sweet spot there.

Deleted
    Of course I would.

Maybe i'd leave after i'd called, depending on the person/situation, but I would at least tell someone where they are and what the situation was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once. If they repeated that behavior, probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I would help someone who overdosed yes.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Once. If they repeated that behavior, probably not.
    Would it be such an inconvenience to make a phonecall?

Like, there's so little that you need to do, to just cover the bare minimum of humanity. It costs you nothing really, but stops someone else from getting dead.

I like to think I'd do so, but when I heard our neighbor overdosing a year ago I sure as hell didn't call the cops. I heard his girlfriend screaming about him foaming at the mouth at 2am and asking him how much he took. I figured if she didn't call then I certainly shouldn't. I felt bad for their kid, and the dog they left locked in the bathroom all day, but that all got sorted when the cops did show up without my call.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc I would. I don't really see that there's any other option in such a situation... The overdosing person clearly needs help and people set on killing themselves rarely does so in the company of others. Altho someone can argue that someone doing drugs should be aware of risks involved (most are) it ain't always that simple to stay clear of engaging in risk behavior, esp not if addiction is in the picture. Very difficult to stop an ongoing addiction without some serious help from others/professionals.

Also plenty of drug addicts do take drugs in the company of others, to be "safe" in case something does go wrong! So no I highly doubt your friend intended to OD, it is pretty obvious that he needs help though. You on the other hand don't have to be present while your friend does drugs, make it clear to your friend that you don't want him doing drugs in your company as you don't want to ever experience that again. If your friend doesn't learn something from this and seek help, consider stop being his friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Must be interesting to live in a world where it's that black and white.
    That is no way black and white, that is 4 decisions with one taking alot of shit into consideration..

1st one, Is self explanitory

2nd one is also but if they were assholes that were just absolutely horrible to people around them that is taking into consideration everything of them.

3rd/4th has to do with their own need to live or die. If they did it to kill themselves then yes i wont call for help. Its their live and people normally only kill themselves when they have been through everything to try and get help. Soooo black and white it all you want. There is alot more than you see, clearly.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    Would it be such an inconvenience to make a phonecall?

Like, there's so little that you need to do, to just cover the bare minimum of humanity. It costs you nothing really, but stops someone else from getting dead.
    They didn't learn the first time. A lot of my family had drug addiction issues. I lost my brother to meth. If they didn't care enough to help themselves, then I don't care to help them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Yeah, probably, depending on the circumstances.

We talking strictly accidental overdoses, or also attempted suicides?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

You should always help a person who looks like they are in need of immediate medical attention.

Simple as that!

10+ Year Old Account
    If the OD was from the intentional introduction of drugs into their system by an adult, it is debatable. Death is one of the key repercussions of drug use that is well known by people before they start, and I am not big on saving people from their own stupidity.

I never feel bad when people try to win Darwin Awards and succeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that would be illegal to leave him, at least in here.

considering that not doing so is illegal by law in Denmark yes I would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    My friend died the other day. Thanks to me he was promptly revived, but I still ask myself if I should've just got up and walked away. I hate to sound like such a cynical edgelord, but if he's depressed enough to be shooting dope isn't death what he's aiming for anyway?

To be honest if his roommate wasn't there I probably would have just let him die. He's an asshole for putting me in that situation anyway.

I think this is a fair moral issue to debate. What would you have done?
    I'd be concerned over your own culpability if you let him die. You could be charged with manslaughter had he actually died and it was found out you were there and could have done something.

Whether or not you were actually found guilty is kind of irrelevant... a DA would try, and putting yourself through THAT would have been on you.

I agree that he is a dick. I would definitely be cutting ties at this point.

Deleted
    As someone who has been in this situation. Yes. Call the ambulance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    My friend died the other day. Thanks to me he was promptly revived, but I still ask myself if I should've just got up and walked away. I hate to sound like such a cynical edgelord, but if he's depressed enough to be shooting dope isn't death what he's aiming for anyway?

To be honest if his roommate wasn't there I probably would have just let him die. He's an asshole for putting me in that situation anyway.

I think this is a fair moral issue to debate. What would you have done?
    Depends where you are from. It might be best just to grab them up and drive to the hospital yourself.

In my area, ambulance service is not free, and is very expensive if you don't have insurance that can cover it. If the person has no way to pay for the ambulance, you can be hurting them financially after they recover at the hospital.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be held accountable if you see someone overdosing and don't do anything to assist them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a buddy that works with liaison between the NY Department of Health and Prisons. He says they have a huge campaign going on that talks to inmates to reinforce the fact that the law states that if they call in someone ODing, then they won't be held responsible for any drugs or whatever on the scene. It's a huge problem that people are too afraid to call an ambulance.

Of course, this is the complete opposite of the OP, who is just an asshole.