Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do people care so much about net neutrality?

Like, just pay, you are not entitled to internet, if you don't like it, don't pay. Besides, they are companies, they need money to pay their staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Besides, they are companies, they need money to pay their staff.
    Whelp this is going to be a dumpster fire of a thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like, just pay, you are not entitled to internet, if you don't like it, don't pay. Besides, they are companies, they need money to pay their staff.
    That's right! When you fill a bottle with water from your tap instead of using it to shower or water your plants, you should pay extra for that water since you're depriving the bottled water companies of money. You should also pay more for the electricity that you use to run your stove, because you're depriving restaurants of money when you could be going out to eat.

This is probably just a bait post, but either way, bite me.

I don't know... why do Fins care about Finnish neutrality?

I think researching and understanding what net neutrality is might help, before asking why people care so much about it.

I don't know... why do Fins care about Finnish neutrality?
    If it succeeds in becoming law in one place, it could set a precedent for other ruling bodies to try and force it on the populous.
    RETH

you don't actualy understand what net neutrality is, do you. no one is asking for free internet. but imagine that you internet provider doesn't just charge you extra for higher speeds.. they charge EVERYONE extra for providing content to YOU. this raises prices on everything. better yet.. imagine... just imagine, you internet provider decides to just.. not give you acess to particular websites at all. imagine not being able to acess MMO champion becasue they decided that its not paying them enough, or they don't like the content. imagine you CAN acess it, but the speeds are excruciatingly slow.

under net neutrality, they cannot just decide to curate the content like that for you. they are obligated to give the same priority to amazon as they give to etsy as they give to a small independent online shop. they are obligated to give the same speed to all news sources. THAT is why net centrality is important. no net neutrality? = censorship. it is the opposite of free market.

Like, just pay, you are not entitled to internet, if you don't like it, don't pay.
    So basicly, you have no idea what net neutrality is.

How about you go research it first?

This is how politicians are allowed to fuck up the world. People like you, ignoring major problems because you don't understand it, and apparently don't feel like learning about it, before you spread your bad opinion.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-07-13 at 09:27 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    So basicly, you have no idea what net neutrality is.

How about you go research it first?
    Got any good unbiased sources?

I see moderation here is still as shitty as ever. No reason for this obvious bait thread to be open.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I see moderation here is still as shitty as ever. No reason for this obvious bait thread to be open.
    So it's "bait" for going against the circlejerk? Meh.

There's nothing circle jerk about it. No net neutrality means you'll be paying more for the same thing you already have right now, for absolutely no reason. This isn't a two sided topic. There's nothing to gain from losing neutrality. You simply pay more for the same thing you're already paying for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There's nothing circle jerk about it. No net neutrality means you'll be paying more for the same thing you already have right now, for absolutely no reason. This isn't a two sided topic. There's nothing to gain from losing neutrality. You simply pay more for the same thing you're already paying for.
    Got a good source on that?

Got a good source on that?
    Confirmed bait, cya.

I doubt I could provide any form of source, that you would not be calling biased..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

How about we start here.

Have a read. There are only 222 references so it should be a pretty brisk read.

There will be a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I'll predict him replying it is biased.

I also doubt he has any interest in actually learning what net neutrality is.. Considering he choose to make a thread to write a really idiotic opinion, before learning what net neutrality is.

So you think it's "cool" to simply go against the majority because that makes you a rebel, eh? You are an absolute idiot. You know nothing about the topic but choose to just go the other way just to be a unique snowflake.

There is nothing good about net neutrality unless you are one of the people that stand to profit from it, which I will spoil it for you since you are so ignorant - you are not.

Calling net neutrality a "circlejerk" is bait.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Anyone know if that net neutrality applay only to USA or if it's worldwide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Anyone know if that net neutrality applay only to USA or if it's worldwide?
    If its a 'success' (I use that word loosely), then maybe other countries will follow. So even if you are not from America beware, this is why I have done my part and I am not even from America but better safe than sorry.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance