Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    The government should be turning boat people back or imprisoning them for deportation so I understand their need for action.
    For that to happen you would need to know where the refugees are coming from. So first you have to process their data, if they are willing to cooperate, and that can obviously not happen on the chaotic ship where people are dehydrated and sunburned, if they aren't almost dead anyway.

And even if the stars align and you find out where they are from, you would need the cooperation of African countries to take them back, you can't just drop people of uncertain origin whereever you want.
    And once they set foot in Europe our human rights kick in, funky huh
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-07-13 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The EU should just occupy the entire North African coast (like in Roman times) to prevent people from even risking their lives trying to cross the sea.
    Joke aside, that's what will happen, a sort of US "force-fed democracy", only this time it might be the UN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Herrington View Post
    I love how so many bleeding hearts keep saying this group will make these poor wittle economic migrants drown. Did they place them on those boats? Why are melanin-enriched folks never responsible for their actions?
    Because people who dropped their meager life savings to escape bad situations usually can't go and charter a luxury yacht to do so.

"You chose to enter into a bad situation because it was the best option available? Lol sorry, you shoulda known better!" is really a terrible excuse.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by CyferMax View Post
    They're civilians. They didn't 'destroy their country' they're fleeing tyranny and war.
    And who was the tyrants and who destroyed their country? Martians? No, the same people who are now fleeing the mess they have created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And who was the tyrants and who destroyed their country? Martians? No, the same people who are now fleeing the mess they have created.
    Yes, when brutal dictators and foreign proxy wars take over a region, it's always the fault of the little man, right?

I remember when we round up all the German civilians following WW2 and had them executed because they let Hitler come into power.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    This thread and a good majority of the comments in it are a prime example of why certain people are considered deplorable and now wear that moniker as a badge of pride .

Stay red-pilled you sheltered keyboard warriors you .
    Do you have any idea what official US policy is regarding boat people?
    Hint, they repatriate them.
    So this 'far right group' would in the US be called, the coast guard.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Deporting people and not admitting them are not the same thing, you get that right?

No, You don't.

This doesn't actually matter - Your libertarian ideology fails because even a minority of people not adhering to your ideology will always be able to form a group and subvert your will.
    In fact, we know that this is what happened, literally, everywhere in the world.
    And the absence of this group, produces abject misery.

Migration is neither a freedom or a right.
    A state owns its land, and can therefore, using its property rights, restrict entry to whomever the fuck it likes.
    Here's the difference, I have no desire to force my will upon you. You are demonstrating my point for me, humanity's innate desire to rule over others.

Migration is a freedom, one that is often restricted. You literally contradicted yourself with the final sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    It's extremely unlikely that these specific people in particular had anything at all to do with how their countries were run.
    Are their countries run by Martians?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes, when brutal dictators and foreign proxy wars take over a region
    Were those brutal dictators planted from Nibiru? Are those Martians who fight in the proxy wars?

Are their countries run by Martians?
    So, taking your logic into the way-back machine, were the Germans responsible for the Nazis then? Did they deserve the death and destruction reigned on them by Western air forces and the Soviet army?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Here's the difference, I have no desire to force my will upon you. You are demonstrating my point for me, humanity's innate desire to rule over others.

Migration is a freedom, one that is often restricted. You literally contradicted yourself with the final sentence.
    It's a privilege afforded to you by the nation that accepts you.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    So, taking your logic into the way-back machine, were the Germans responsible for the Nazis then? Did they deserve the death and destruction reigned on them by Western air forces and the Soviet army?
    Of course they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's a privilege afforded to you by the nation that accepts you.
    No, it's a freedom that is often taken away by others.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they did.
    All the Germans deserved it?

No, it's a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, it's a privilege.
    That's like saying living is a privilege, because the government can simply kill you if they feel like it. It's a freedom, until the government steps in, and takes it away from you. Then they turn around and allow some people to do it, calling it a privilege.

In the absence of any outside force, movement is a freedom. It requires outside force to restrict it. A privilege is a freedom that has been restricted to some, but granted to others.

Otherwise, all of these things would be considered a privilege:

Eating
    Living
    Moving
    Masturbation
    Looking
    Sleeping
    Working

Are all of those privileges?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Wait. You're saying "good on them for making sure people drown and die"?
    Article says they're turning them back, you twist that around to "making sure people drown and die", do you work for CNN?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

To many liberal cucks in this world, if your not welcome in some ones country and you try and enter with out permission or illegally you get what ever is comin to ya sorry no remorse.

Deleted
    In the very specific context that you're debating, this is exactly why we like having states. Someone will inevitably abolish, by force, any unregulated freedom that isn't protected as a right. States are just an exercise to monopolize the violence we'd otherwise exert onto each other.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    To many liberal cucks in this world, if your not welcome in some ones country and you try and enter with out permission or illegally you get what ever is comin to ya sorry no remorse.
    Why do so many conservatives hate freedom so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    In the very specific context that you're debating, this is exactly why we like having states. Someone will inevitably abolish, by force, any unregulated freedom that isn't protected as a right. States are just an exercise to monopolize the violence we'd otherwise exert onto each other.
    States are simply a chance to shift the threat of force to a lower level. Let's face it, everyone wants in on the party.

Deleted
    States are simply a chance to shift the threat of force to a lower level. Let's face it, everyone wants in on the party.
    I'm not sure I understand. What party? the chance to oppress?.
    My potential drive to eliminate the freedom of the other is proportional to my want for extra toppings on my pizza. I don't think people care all that much when you put them in front of a TV, and stuff them with highly carbonated drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. What party? the chance to oppress?.
    My potential drive to eliminate the freedom of the other is proportional to my want for extra toppings on my pizza. I don't think people care all that much when you put them in front of a TV, and stuff them with highly carbonated drinks.
    I do think people have a strong desire to rule over others. The feeling becomes almost contagious, and more people want to have their chance to Lead (be in charge). In almost every instance, when a person or group comes to power, their first instinct is to punish those whom they do not like, or who opposed them. A person does not have to do such things personally, he may also seek it via his voting choices.