10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Great voice acting transcends language barriers granted this one becomes even worse if you understand the language since the script is dogshit garbage and makes very little sense at times.
    and for an opposite one (using JP) (code geass super spoilers) That scene of nunnaly crying at her brother's corpse still sticks with me to this day, even though the last time I watched code geass was at least 5 years ago. If I remember the dub right (because I really wanted to compare) they have her calling out brother...which in real english no one calls their sibling by...pronoun?
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    and for an opposite one (using JP) (code geass super spoilers) That scene of nunnaly crying at her brother's corpse still sticks with me to this day, even though the last time I watched code geass was at least 5 years ago. If I remember the dub right (because I really wanted to compare) they have her calling out brother...which in real english no one calls their sibling by...pronoun?
    Agreed there, that scream was heart breaking. It made the scene so impactful to me. Having her scream and wail while everyone else were cheering. And yeah, who the fuck actually calls their brother 'brother'. It's a poor translation because it isn't the same thing in Japanese and English. Weebs would sperg if they changed it but w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    so what we've learned from our 2 examples: knowing the language can show us horrible acting!:P
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account

The animation looks nice, pretty happy A-1 ended up doing this.

I finally got around to watching Konosuba S1 last night. While it was a lot of fun, it still felt like 10 episodes of filler. There was no plot nor character advancement to be had at all. I know Season 2 is out, so my question is, does it get any better? Or is it just more of the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I finally got around to watching Konosuba S1 last night. While it was a lot of fun, it still felt like 10 episodes of filler. There was no plot nor character advancement to be had at all. I know Season 2 is out, so my question is, does it get any better? Or is it just more of the same?
    More of the same plot & character advancement imo (s1 spoilers) if you didn't notice kazama "defeated" I believe 2 of the 8 generals protecting the demon lord
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Fate/GO has turned into my life. I wake up, use my AP, level, keep using AP, level again, keep using AP, figure out a way to not level so I can take a break because it's been 5 hours, take a short break, go back, use AP again, go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Fate/GO has turned into my life. I wake up, use my AP, level, keep using AP, level again, keep using AP, figure out a way to not level so I can take a break because it's been 5 hours, take a short break, go back, use AP again, go to sleep.
    Please seek help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please seek help.
    My level 70 Waver is telling me otherwise. I'm perfectly okay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I know the feeling, except also having the JP version means my workload is double. Thankfully I'm a high enough level in JP that it takes weeks to reach the next one.

It's going to be hell when both versions have an event running simultaneously. I already try and rush through my AP on the bus every morning and during downtime at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I know the feeling, except also having the JP version means my workload is double. Thankfully I'm a high enough level in JP that it takes weeks to reach the next one.

It's going to be hell when both versions have an event running simultaneously. I already try and rush through my AP on the bus every morning and during downtime at work.
    <-- 19 hours of LP regen ftw
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Gamers! 01 - This isn't bad. Unlike Netoge (or really most anime that have games) it doesn't feature some shitty browser MMO. Seeing Granblue, notCounterstrike, and Guilty Gear was pretty fun.

The MC is a mixed bag so far, but the humour is decent. And most importantly, the main girl is super cute.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unified got banned, welp

10+ Year Old Account
    Unified got banned, welp
    General Off-Topic related.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    my wife .

10+ Year Old Account
    my wife .
    All of them are my wife.