Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    But those same elves are now part of the Horde, and you can thank your buddy Garithos for that.

Those same high elves that were part of the Alliance before, are now Blood elves and are part of the Horde.

Silver Covenant is basically a platoon of elves assembled by Vareesa so she can pretend she's her own version of Ranger General of Quel'thalas.
    They don't have culture, nation, capital etc etc because their culture is Blood elf culuture.
    They're just outcasts who are so humanized you can't really tell the difference between them and humans apart from pointy ears.

If you love elves, but don't wanna switch faction, that's your problem. Blizz doesn't owe you elves on Alliance side because of reasons like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Blood elves are high elves.. just a name change.. the eye color came later.
    I really don't understand how people can be so salty just because others want something that's been dangling in front of them for decades.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I really don't understand how people can be so salty just because others want something that's been dangling in front of them for decades.
    I really dont understand how some people still can't get over the fact that burning crusade was 7 years ago.

As others said, if the high elves flipped their shit over killing mana wyrms, they arent going to start using the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If WoW eventually does go deeper into the "Light vs. Void" story-arc I would actually like to see the Horde/Alliance dichotomy be dropped in favor of a Light/Void dichotomy, with classes and/or races being changed or altered by their chosen side to a certain degree. Not actually siding with the Void, per se; but opting to use the power of the Void against the Void Lords and fighting fire with fire in the same ways that Warlocks and Demon Hunters do.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its called beating a dead horse. We have had way to many threads about people who just want blood elves on the alliance. Ita gotta stawp yo!

Deleted
    subraces will never happen,deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I really dont understand how some people still can't get over the fact that burning crusade was 7 years ago. .
    And High elves were part of the Alliance 20 years ago. And they kept being part of the Alliance after the blood elves came into being.
    No matter how long the blood elves have been around, high elves came first and didn't seize to exist since then.
    So, counting time is meaningless.

Its called beating a dead horse. We have had way to many threads about people who just want blood elves on the alliance. Ita gotta stawp yo!
    With the nightborne seemly going to join the Horde, I wanna see what will happen to all of you if we indeed get high elves as a sub-race.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    subraces will never happen,deal with it
    Wows list of things people never said would happen is huge, a huge bunch of them actually implemented. Paladin/Shaman on both sides, Worgen, Panderen, a lot of the services like realm transfer etc just from the top of my head *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    These new race speculations/theories/suggestions/fanfics get shittier and shittier each time.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Time works differently in the Nether, it seems.

Yes, but they are a spec of a class, not a race.
    I've been looking at the time issue as the army of light has been fighting that long not Turalyon and crew
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

for some reason i expected this to be a Jaylock thread, I was disappointed....

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think it's also that they were a big part of the original alliance - they fought in the second war, they fought in the third war, they've got a statue of one of the most famous elves in Stormwind. And in general have been involved with humans for a long, long time.
    *Garrosh Voice* "Time changes."

Aye, must be the reason. "They where a part of alliance! They should be so again!". I do else like the idea that the "fair and prettier elves", are aligned with savage brutes! Makes a nice contrast~

(Fun thing, When I read what you have typed, I read it with Uthers Voice(Michael Mcconnohie).)

Deleted
    "Void elves" are NOT High elves. They're something new and bad and no proper High elf fan would approve of them over High elves. Being NOT corrupted is kind of their stick.
    Besides, what little art we have of these "Void elves" look very alien to anything we've seen from the elves before. They look the closest to the art style of the Nightbourne, they have been feeding off a power source that is possibly touched by the Old gods. This could be the fate for those that do not eat the anti-addiction fruit.
    Last edited by mmoc90efbc5b1c; 2017-07-14 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I really dont understand how some people still can't get over the fact that burning crusade was 7 years ago.

As others said, if the high elves flipped their shit over killing mana wyrms, they arent going to start using the void.
    It never fails to amuse me how relentless high elves fans are. The fact that after all those years, they are still capable of writing essays about how HE should be playable is simply hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, you are wrong. The current High Elves in WoW are not those exiles. Those exiles died. There is not point discussing if their reasoning for civil disobedience was sound or if Lorthemar's decision to exile them was wrong because they are dead. They would never be the High Elves joining the Alliance. It also would most likely not be the elves who journeyed across the sea to Kalimdor with Jaina yet mostly died in the destruction of Theramore (though perhaps a few of them could exist, saved from slavery in Orgrimmar).
    I assume you're referring to the people of Quel'Lithien Lodge in the Eastern Plaguelands? They are dead (or those who remain are Withered and fundamentally dead insofar as we're concerned), but they're not the only High Elves remaining on Azeroth or abroad. Vereesa and her Silver Covenant forces are also effectively exiles from Quel'Thalas - unwelcome in the Ghostlands and only present at Halduron's invitation (against the wishes of Lor'themar). Similar to the Allerian High Elves of Outland when they appear at the Sunwell during the Quel'delar questline - they're very obviously unwelcome if Lor'themar's outburst is taken in context, and both he and Rommath bridle at their presence despite Auric's speech about the unification of their people. The Suramar Insurrection questline also goes far to demonstrate that the split between the High and Blood Elven contingents is definitely still extant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In short the crucial element would not be resistance to the Sin'dorei. It would be strength of ties to Alliance that was not worn thin by the disgraceful conduct of Garithos (because they'd have never served with Kael'thas in Lordaeron).
    I would assume the critical element would vary from High Elf to High Elf, I was using the mana-tapping as more or less general example. Some High Elves may simply maintain loyalty for the Alliance over the Horde, and consider Silvermoon's new loyalties to be treasonous. Some High Elves may have their loyalty more with Dalaran - and others may be making more or less moral judgments on other areas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

People start to use the demon hunter argument on high elves now... god how sad.
    One solution for you.. go fing horde and stop whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood elves are high elves.. just a name change.. the eye color came later.
    That is pretty good argument, because a very few believed that demon hunters will be playable.. ''There are too few demon hunters'' ''Warlocks have metamorphosis, go play warlock'' ''alliance nor horde would accept demon hunters'' ''demon hunters are just rogues/warlocks''

This fucking argument ''go play horde, you have high elves there'', is the same as ''you want DH? go play warlock''

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Can someone explain me this obsession with high elves? Why don't you just play blood elves if you like elves so much?
    It's basically the same race, just different eyes or whatevs.
    Because the High Elves are on the Alliance, and neutral Blood Elves - coupled with playable Ogres for the Horde - fulfills the RTS racial options.

Deleted
    Soon we will see: Orc High Elf, Gnome High Elf, High High Elf................ will this High Elf boner ever stop?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The blood elves accepted fel magic out of necessity. Why would the high elves embrace the void so readily?
    The Sin'dorei never accepted fel magic (only the followers of Kael'thas), and the fel taint stems from the use of of fel magic to rebuild Quel'Thalas. The cultural difference between the two stems from how they fought their addiction: HE chose meditation and magical items; BE chose living beings and/or magical artifacts and/or whatever they could get a hold of.

I would never play a High Elf, but I'm all for an implementation of them. A player race is just the shape in which they interact with the game world, if players want that on their preferred faction, who is anyone else to nay-say it.

Too many elves isn't a thing, it's just people saying "I don't want you to have something I don't want, that can't affect my own happiness."

Personally I'd love to also have Nightborne as a neutral race.

"ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!"

Most likely, I'll still play the game and think it's a neat suggestion.

I hate these posts >:L