Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    These...individuals obviously don't care about consequences, so might as well go for it.
    I think it's inevitable now that there will be regulation on the sale of certain substances, possibly harsher sentences too.

That is some messed up stuff. Acid attacks are pretty high on the list of terrible things you could do to other people. I hope they get significant consequences and not some bleeding heart "they are just kids" european style justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Getting acid is as easy as cracking open a dead battery from most vehicles.
    Battery acid is not concentrated enough to cause major damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Why not just stab the victim?! Why the acid?!
    Roleplaying shadow priest?

^-- this, it's not exactly hard to get your hands on corrosive substances and hell I can see people switching to gas/matches even if they could restrict it.

Deleted
    Indeed it is, though that is marginally harder than going out and buying a bottle of sulphuric acid. Whether it would be preventative or not, the fact is you need to be 16 to buy a knife in the UK, but there's no restriction on chemicals. As futile as it may be, it's just the way our government deals with things, ban it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    ^-- this, it's not exactly hard to get your hands on corrosive substances and hell I can see people switching to gas/matches even if they could restrict it.
    What?! I opened a few car batteries in my life and the acid in there is not strong enough to burn skin. You can get a severe skin iritation at worst. Thought it does make holes in cloth and socks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, spending 5 minutes boiling off the extra water is fucking impossible.
    Fine, then go buy a jug of Draino.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Guess Who?: Race Edition
    Well, here are pictures of the suspects in the two other recent acid attacks:

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Chemicals have been around for ages, why the sudden uptick?
    I'm from this exact area these attacks happened and I promise you acid attacks is almost exclusively a Muslim crime. I'm fed up of being silenced about this. Muslim gangs are absolute savage and throwing acid on peoples faces is a part of their own backward ass culture. This isn't a UK thing, look up what they're doing to women in their own countries. They are disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Its mainly getting more media attention because the number of cases in the UK are increasing year on year, its more than doubled over 5 years and in 2016 there were nearly 10 times as many attacks as in the 2005/2006 period

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    I'm from this exact area these attacks happened and I promise you acid attacks is almost exclusively a Muslim crime. I'm fed up of being silenced about this. Muslim gangs are absolute savage and throwing acid on peoples faces is a part of their own backward ass culture. This isn't a UK thing, look up what they're doing to women in their own countries. They are disgusting.
    It might be religious honour attacks that gave them the idea in the first place, but it's not typical of an honour attack to throw acid on men, which double the number of victims compared to females now.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Well, here are pictures of the suspects in the two other recent acid attacks:

Teenager ? Fuck they look older than me...

Deleted
    Every week something happens that makes our government enforce tighter laws... in 10 years our law enforcement will be similar to China.

Our liberal system worked fine for about 30 years... then they started to let all those muslims in, now we have to throw away a lot of our liberalism just to handle some people we let in because of liberalism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    The two suspects arrested over the attacks mentioned in the OP won't be named and photographed because of their age, the two posted above were just recent ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Hence it saying ''two other recent attacks''.

Anyways, most of this seems to have nothing to do with religion but rather with gangs finding a new easy way to hurt people.
    Not sure why people instantly jump to the religion card though, guess it says a lot about you if you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Every week something happens that makes our government enforce tighter laws... in 10 years our law enforcement will be similar to China.

Our liberal system worked fine for about 30 years... then they started to let all those muslims in, now we have to throw away a lot of our liberalism just to handle some people we let in because of liberalism.
    You know that crime rates in almost all parts of the western world have gone down right?

Really sad that this stuff is happening. Saw a video of a couple that was attacked with acid and how horrible the effects are. I can't imagine what sick individuals would use acid. Can't believe an acid attack doesn't count as higher punishment than knife attack. It is far more cruel. Using a knife is simple and somewhat understandable in a criminal murdering sense, but acid shows you are twisted and want the person to suffer. At least I think so.

Since there aren't any guns I guess they opt for a different weapon of choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post

Even if we assume that the reason for the increase in acid attacks is because of muslim immigration, it doesn't explain why acid attacks in London, a city of 9 million and a muslim minority, rivals that of Bangladesh, a city of over 100 million and a muslim majority.

Edit: Just to clarify, that's not what I'm assuming.

London was such a great city in the late 90's and early 2000's. Same with Paris. I would never take my kids there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The two suspects arrested over the attacks mentioned in the OP won't be named and photographed because of their age, the two posted above were just recent ones.
    Oh sorry overread that.