Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendaries: spec bad luck protection

Hello. I just wanted to know, does bad luck protection build up for all specs? In other words, is it spec specific or class specific?

I have 2 frost spec specific legendaries, but I actually want the non specific rings (Sephuz and Shard). Since I have no Arcane legendaries, my plan is to build up a bunch of bad luck protection while loot specced into Frost (since an arcane legendary could drop any time if I loot spec into that, and I dont want that), AND THEN change loot spec to Arcane, and open a relinquished ring. The fact that it would be my "first arcane leggo" plus all the bad luck I had built up while playing frost could give me a pretty good shot at getting one of the rings.

The only thing Im unsure of is, if I loot spec into frost and run a bunch of mythics and raids, am I gaining protection in general for all specs, or only for frost?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the spec/class-neutral items are affected by BLP from each individual spec, but what I think I read before is that when one of those drops, the BLP resets for whatever loot spec you currently have set.
    So, if you get sephuz's while in frost, your frost BLP resets, but arcane and fire remain where they are.
    Also, if you get tons of drop chances on frost, your BLP builds, but your arcace stays the same until you change loot spec to arcane, then it begins to build.

I could be way off, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Also, if you get tons of drop chances on frost, your BLP builds, but your arcace stays the same until you change loot spec to arcane, then it begins to build.
    Damn, that sucks if true.

Are you trying to min-max horrendous RNG?

I see your point but in the end...it's still RNG and you'll rather end up extremely frustrated as legendaries will drop when you expect it the least. Just do what's most logical: increase your chances of getting a legendary by doing content efficiently.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Are you trying to min-max horrendous RNG?

I see your point but in the end...it's still RNG and you'll rather end up extremely frustrated as legendaries will drop when you expect it the least. Just do what's most logical: increase your chances of getting a legendary by doing content efficiently.
    I just wanted to know if running content specced into frost will also increase the bad luck protection counter for my other specs :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    I just wanted to know if running content specced into frost will also increase the bad luck protection counter for my other specs :S
    I don't think so, afaik BLP is spec specific.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Bad Luck Protection is spec specific; If you participate in an activity that could drop a legendary on a given spec, your bad luck protection increases only for that spec.

If you're trying to force something like a ring, and arcane only has the ring you want (or a much smaller pool for said ring), your best bet is most likely to just do content on your frost spec, and farm nethershards on Frost spec, then change loot spec to arcane and burn as many relinquished rings as you can. Rinse and repeat. Your first legendary for a spec that has no usable legendaries earns bad luck protection much faster than one with over two. That being said, you're still likely to need a lot of luck, or a lot of Nethershards.

In other words, is it spec specific or class specific?
    Bad Luck Protection (BLP) is specialization-specific, and not class-specific. It should also be noted that BLP only applies to the first two legendaries of a specialization, as of Patch 7.2. BLP is essentially "disabled" after your first two legendaries in a specialization, and your chances become flat from thereafter. If you swap to Fire, you will begin building BLP. You can, however, simply swap your loot specialization instead.

It should be noted that specialization-wide legendaries like Sephuz or Aggramar's Stride do count across all specializations.

I hope this answers your question.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

where has it been said that BLP is spec-specific. The only thing that's been confirmed is the base drop rate for the 2 first legendaries for each spec, not the built-in BLP.

BTW, you can get legendaries from boxes when you turn in 100 Legion Fall war supplies too.

They say it's spec specific but getting a multi spec leg will reset it for the applicable specs. I don't know if switching to arcane for just one ring would help, seeing as how your BLP doesn't really exist yet for that spec. I am not very sure though.

I think if you opened a bunch of stuff in arcane with no legs, youd then get one sooner than opening in frost and then buying one ring in arcane. That should give you some BLP buffer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sermistalot View Post
    BTW, you can get legendaries from boxes when you turn in 100 Legion Fall war supplies too.
    I think it's 101, but what do I know, i've never gotten one pre 110.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-07-14 at 11:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. It only increases the chance on the spec your loot specialization is marked as currently. And if you get a legendary that can drop for all specs then it resets the BLP for all 3 specs. Like the Sephuz Secret for example.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post

He isn't talking about lvl there.

So, I'm not exactly sure how BLP and stuff works, except I get a legendary every 4-5 weeks or something. The only thing I'm almost certain is that you don't get duplicates. If that's true you increase your chance of getting your preferred legendary with not switching (loot)spec while you do your everyday stuff. This way, the legendaries you already have can't be rolled again and even if you get the wrong one, you'll increase the chance for the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    He isn't talking about lvl there.
    Either was I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either was I.

So what was 101 and 110? crates are 100 supplies and have nothing to do with the 110 number or 101.

I mean you said you haven't gotten one pre 110. If that isn't lvl what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So what was 101 and 110? crates are 100 supplies and have nothing to do with the 110 number or 101.
    Yes. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. .

Can I have what you are smoking atm?

Hello. I just wanted to know, does bad luck protection build up for all specs? In other words, is it spec specific or class specific?

I have 2 frost spec specific legendaries, but I actually want the non specific rings (Sephuz and Shard). Since I have no Arcane legendaries, my plan is to build up a bunch of bad luck protection while loot specced into Frost (since an arcane legendary could drop any time if I loot spec into that, and I dont want that), AND THEN change loot spec to Arcane, and open a relinquished ring. The fact that it would be my "first arcane leggo" plus all the bad luck I had built up while playing frost could give me a pretty good shot at getting one of the rings.

The only thing Im unsure of is, if I loot spec into frost and run a bunch of mythics and raids, am I gaining protection in general for all specs, or only for frost?
    You really have to ask Blizzard this. Random people on MMO-C won't have the info you're after.
    I'm not actually sure if Blizzard themselves know how it works though.

They say it's spec specific but getting a multi spec leg will reset it for the applicable specs. I don't know if switching to arcane for just one ring would help, seeing as how your BLP doesn't really exist yet for that spec. I am not very sure though.

I think if you opened a bunch of stuff in arcane with no legs, youd then get one sooner than opening in frost and then buying one ring in arcane. That should give you some BLP buffer.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at lvl 100. 100 suppies on the Broken Shore. You get them from doing daily quests and such.