Do you only hardcore raid during the final raid of an xpac?

I have done this since MoP, put in all my effort into killing the final boss on mythic during the final raid of an xpac.

I like doing this because it gives me like a year to kill the last boss and classes are usually the most balanced during the final patch so I can finally decide on what to main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    I tend to do the same thing for the reasons you listed, I also enjoy how out of control secondary stats get at the end of expansions

What progression-minded guild would recruit someone who is just going to leave whenever a new expansion drops? That's basically asking for your guild to fall apart if you let too many of those kinds of people on your team. Do you always raid with the same guild or do you constantly guild hop?

I get the mindset, but aren't you kind of doing the mythic guild a disservice by being so unreliable and overall flaky?

Like, even if you did 10% more dps than someone else, but they would stay for an entire expansion+ worth of progression over, say, 1 raid tier, I'd want to bring the more reliable person.

Please tell me you at least have enough decency to drop out of the group without stringing them along into the first tier of a new expansion until they hit their first brick wall on progression. I've met way too many dickheads who do this. They come in at the end of an expansion to a raid group that is either almost at the end of a raid, or in farm period, and then leave in the first tier of the next expansion after they realize they need to put in legitimate hard work toward progression and being in a mythic guild.

Either way, it's not really something I view as respectable. You basically are the exact person that really shouldn't be a mythic guild (that takes progression even slightly seriously tbh). Mythic raiding isn't just about killing the big bad at the end of the expansion. It's about a group of skilled players overcoming challenging content all the way through. That includes all the tiers in between that you seem to deem not worth your time.

I dunno. You do you. But if I knew you had a reputation of staying only for final tiers, I'd never recruit you even for those. That's just me though. But what do I know. I'm a "retired" hardmode raider since NH so my life in WoW only consists of world quests and mythic dungeons on whatever alt I feel like playing that day. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    What progression-minded guild would recruit someone who is just going to leave whenever a new expansion drops? That's basically asking for your guild to fall apart if you let too many of those kinds of people on your team. Do you always raid with the same guild or do you constantly guild hop?

I get the mindset, but aren't you kind of doing the mythic guild a disservice by being so unreliable and overall flaky?

Like, even if you did 10% more dps than someone else, but they would stay for an entire expansion+ worth of progression over, say, 1 raid tier, I'd want to bring the more reliable person.

Please tell me you at least have enough decency to drop out of the group without stringing them along into the first tier of a new expansion until they hit their first brick wall on progression. I've met way too many dickheads who do this. They come in at the end of an expansion to a raid group that is either almost at the end of a raid, or in farm period, and then leave in the first tier of the next expansion after they realize they need to put in legitimate hard work toward progression and being in a mythic guild.

Either way, it's not really something I view as respectable. You basically are the exact person that really shouldn't be a mythic guild (that takes progression even slightly seriously tbh). Mythic raiding isn't just about killing the big bad at the end of the expansion. It's about a group of skilled players overcoming challenging content all the way through. That includes all the tiers in between that you seem to deem not worth your time.

I dunno. You do you. But if I knew you had a reputation of staying only for final tiers, I'd never recruit you even for those. That's just me though. But what do I know. I'm a "retired" hardmode raider since NH so my life in WoW only consists of world quests and mythic dungeons on whatever alt I feel like playing that day. lol.
    Even as a dps that is easily replaceable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Even as a dps that is easily replaceable?
    That's exactly the point. You're a dime a dozen. What makes you so special that I take you over a dps that would actually stay and grow with the guild rather than flake out? A raider who played all the way through an expansion with their class would improve. You will be rusty upon returning, having to almost relearn the class after 2+ patches of changes.

Not to mention the guild has to gear your ass for being so far behind. There are so many reasons not to take a player like this that if you have the choice not to, it's kind of a no brainer.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly the point. You're a dime a dozen. What makes you so special that I take you over a dps that would actually stay and grow with the guild rather than flake out? A raider who played all the way through an expansion with their class would improve. You will be rusty upon returning, having to almost relearn the class after 2+ patches of changes.

Not to mention the guild has to gear your ass for being so far behind. There are so many reasons not to take a player like this that if you have the choice not to, it's kind of a no brainer.
    You'd have a point if it was still BC. But since then catch up mechanics have made jumping back in and getting caught up in the final patch of an expansion has been easy.

What's amazing is you inferred from a pretty innocuous question about jumping into progression at the tail end of the expansion that the OP is a terrible person.

Like you could get a part time job as the bat signal this projection is so bright.

Here's my experience:

Are you on time? Is your attendance good? Gear okay? Have a pulse and can follow directions? Don't throw a fit about each piece of loot you don't get, don't gloat like an ass about what you do? Get your ass to the instance portal.
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2017-07-15 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    You'd have a point if it was still BC. But since then catch up mechanics have made jumping back in and getting caught up in the final patch of an expansion has been easy.
    You make it sound like you can geared super quickly. You aren't going to jump into mythic ToS right now and magically hit 920 ilvl (unless you're getting carried).

In my opinion OP, I'm not sure how I feel about the way you play. I'm a fan of having players who stick around long term. Don't raid anymore (killed Gul'dan then stopped), but from a progression stand point, I think it's always better to have a roster full of people you are familiar with. The reason I say this is because you know what to expect form everybody. You know who's reliable, you know who isn't, and you cater your strats around that knowledge (obviously you may try to weed out the non-reliable people).

I would say in your case, if you're just coming back to do the content, and you aren't worried about any competitiveness involved in Mythic raiding, then what you're doing is okay. It still sucks for guilds looking to build a steady roster of people who will stick around for a long time (atleast a year or longer).

Note: Mythic is an odd beast. I never really felt the recruitment boss that prevents so many guilds from actively raiding Mythic (not enough people show up for raid nights, can't maintain a steady roster, etc.). I don't know what activity at the end of an expansion looks like for those guilds either. If there's plenty of people around who fill the voids for these guilds, I guess what you're is fine.
    Last edited by Deavane; 2017-07-15 at 04:19 AM.

On the contrary, that is usually where I stop.