Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, I remember seeing players with crazy gear back in the day, and knowing some day i might be there... first time I foudn this out was meeting the high warlord on my server in vanilla who helped me do a quest or two in arathi highlands!

I knew this player was super good at the game, and it inspired me to continue playing warrior, cause i was so close to giving up and being like a mage or something

Deleted
    WoW used to be cool when it was actually rewarding, not like now that everything is given playing 1h/day. Current blizzard games are simply done for casuals, kids, and noob people that can't compete in other games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado View Post
    WoW used to be cool when it was actually rewarding, not like now that everything is given playing 1h/day. Current blizzard games are simply done for casuals, kids, and noob people that can't compete in other games.
    Yeah, all the casual kids and noobs are clearing Mythic Tomb, running 15+ dungeons and hitting whatever the top rating is in PvP right now, without even breaking a sweat.

The game sure is easy!

Then again, I jumped into an unranked game of Dota the other day and won, so obviously that game is also just for casuals and noobs. Funnily enough, same thing happened in CS:GO. Hell, I never played CS:GO and I just jumped into a game, had a respectable KD and we won - obviously just for noobs and casuals too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Yeah, all the casual kids and noobs are clearing Mythic Tomb, running 15+ dungeons and hitting whatever the top rating is in PvP right now, without even breaking a sweat.

The game sure is easy!

Then again, I jumped into an unranked game of Dota the other day and won, so obviously that game is also just for casuals and noobs. Funnily enough, same thing happened in CS:GO. Hell, I never played CS:GO and I just jumped into a game, had a respectable KD and we won - obviously just for noobs and casuals too.
    No doubt Mythic is difficult I'm sure. However, just because one facet of WoW (Mythic) is difficult does not dismiss the fact that the rest of the game has been severely watered down. And, I think many people get raw difficulty confused with game play involvement. A game can be difficult as all hell and have its content / overall game play suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't know why people get so salty over the simplest of facts that "looking cool" made you slightly famous. What is wrong with you guys?
    "Omg you are saying you were a God and worshiped by the server, i hate you!"

Jesus relax.
    Don't try to lie. Sure, that person with the expensive designer clothes and fancy watch and jewelery may be just standing there. But everybody knows that person is standing there to be SEEN.

That is what you are doing. It is not about looking cool, it is about wanting to be seen looking cool.

Having a complete tier set in Vanilla, TBC, WotlK made the beholder happy. What is so hard to understand?
    There are two types of collectors. One that is happy to have the collection. They have it. They enjoy it. In private.
    Then there the other type of collectors which wants the world and its sister to acknowledge what they have.

But why do people get so mad over the fact that having a tier set made you a little bit famous. JUST A LITTLE BIT. And the person with said set felt special?
    Why do you people wants other to fawn over you to make you feel famous, even a little bit?

Jesus, am i hurting peoples egos by saying this?
    We, rather, I, are not hurt. We do not care. You are are the one who is hurt because we, or rather I, do not care.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i think we need to close this thread as well since it isnt constructive and all, plus we are kinda whining about wow not being good....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The story goes like this

In the times of "no transmog" everyone was ugly. So it was prestigious to have a raid tier set.
    This created a cycle of people watching players with said tiers and them wanting to raid to be like them.

It was an endless cycle each expansion to "be able to be cool i need a complete tier set".

This was the main incentive for raiding. People wanting to be cool looking.

Now? There is transmog and people dont care about nothing no more because everyone looks cool.
    This destroyed the cycle of PvE incentive and quest for prestige.

Meaning, there is no incenitve no more for raiding. Only item level...but who cares about that? Heroic/Mythic Raiders, a minority.

This thread is related to this one
    (Just an example on how to give prestige back)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-New-Tier-Sets
    Um....that's not what made the game good. In fact I could careless if someone had a tier set. I didn't try and push progression so I could look cool, I pushed progression so I could have better gear and camp people in world pvp. Maybe you liked sitting around in town all day staring at people and wishing you could be super awesomesauce like them but that has got to be the silliest reason for why WoW was "once" good.

I think the removal of weapon skill heralded the end

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I think the removal of weapon skill heralded the end
    No it really didn't. By 2011 that was an ancient mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Um....that's not what made the game good. In fact I could careless if someone had a tier set. I didn't try and push progression so I could look cool, I pushed progression so I could have better gear and camp people in world pvp. Maybe you liked sitting around in town all day staring at people and wishing you could be super awesomesauce like them but that has got to be the silliest reason for why WoW was "once" good.
    You were miniroty. Majority of players cared and yes it is in fact what made this game amazing.

No you didn't.

You just found a reason to make another thread on the forums! We've seen these types of threads a million times, already!

We know where this is gonna go, and we know where this went!

*Shakes head* A shame, really. A bigger loss than Varian! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    You were miniroty. Majority of players cared and yes it is in fact what made this game amazing.
    Source on majority? Again you called someone out for speaking for the playerbase earlier in this thread then you proceeded to speak for a majority without any hard evidence to back your statement up.

If you haven't got a source then your whole majority argument has no weight here I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Are you freaking serious? The 'majority' of people in ANY category would likely fall into the 'do not care' list in anything we're talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Are you freaking serious? The 'majority' of people in ANY category would likely fall into the 'do not care' list in anything we're talking about.
    ahahah nice joke. "people didn't care about looks"

About 99,99% of the population uses transmog to look cool but i guess that means nothing to you.

Ofcourse people care about looks.
    League of Legends makes all the money from skins for people to look cool. (almost) Everybody wants to be cool
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-13 at 11:05 PM.

@Kyanion

I will just ask you this.
    If you were a game designer how would you "hook" and make people "addicted" to your game?
    There are strategies for this you know. Prestige is usually the main tactic (ex: MOBAS, Shooters, Card Games, Fighters etc)

By what you are saying i guess you would just make a game with good gameplay and call it a day.
    Wouldn't you want to make the gamers happy with their unique pixels? You need to know how to please a nerd man xD

I am a nerd
    Lol what?

Nobody plays MOBAs, Shooters, Card Games, or Fighters for prestige

They play them because they enjoy playing them, genius

What prestige is there in Street Fighter or Smash Bros? Some numbers on a ladder?

Same with Hearthstone or Magic or Yugioh.

I mean hell even Call of Duty has a bunch of cosmetic crap that anyone can get.

Prestige has nothing to do with popularity, it's a bonus on top of a game that people like. Nobody's going to play a shitty game to make their character look cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post

The game sure is easy!

Sad that you cannot understand what i am saying. Have fun baby blizz boy

"The game isn't rewarding anymore"

Quote Originally Posted by arucado View Post
    Sad that you cannot understand what i am saying. Have fun baby blizz boy

"The game isn't rewarding anymore"
    You said, and I quote, "WoW used to be cool when it was actually rewarding, not like now that everything is given playing 1h/day. Current blizzard games are simply done for casuals, kids, and noob people that can't compete in other games." Casuals, kids and noobs are totallllly the ones doing Mythic raiding and 15+ M+ dungeons right? The game is quite rewarding and offers many different types of play. Sorry you don't like it but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Or as they say, tough shit.

Cute how you also have to call someone a 'baby blizz boy" as if that is some harsh insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story goes like this

In the times of "no transmog" everyone was ugly. So it was prestigious to have a raid tier set.
    This created a cycle of people watching players with said tiers and them wanting to raid to be like them.

It was an endless cycle each expansion to "be able to be cool i need a complete tier set".

This was the main incentive for raiding. People wanting to be cool looking.

Now? There is transmog and people dont care about nothing no more because everyone looks cool.
    This destroyed the cycle of PvE incentive and quest for prestige.

Meaning, there is no incenitve no more for raiding. Only item level...but who cares about that? Heroic/Mythic Raiders, a minority.

This thread is related to this one
    (Just an example on how to give prestige back)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-New-Tier-Sets
    Doubt everyone PvP'd just to look cool... There are still elite gladiator gear which makes only a select few look more bad ass than the rest if you're interested in that sort of stuff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    It was part of the reason. One reason among many why WoW was epic back in the day. Like so many mechanics that have been stripped away over the years that once made WoW great. It certainly was not the only, or even primary reason why, but certainly added to it.

- - - Updated - - -

The items back in Vanilla/ TBC had an intrinsic value other than 'they look cool'. The sense of adventure and mystery were attached to the items and vice versa. People knew this, and wanted to play the game for the sake of playing the game as it was structured. The 'look cool' part was only part of the equation, as well as what the item did stat wise in particular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You said, and I quote, "WoW used to be cool when it was actually rewarding, not like now that everything is given playing 1h/day. Current blizzard games are simply done for casuals, kids, and noob people that can't compete in other games." Casuals, kids and noobs are totallllly the ones doing Mythic raiding and 15+ M+ dungeons right? The game is quite rewarding and offers many different types of play. Sorry you don't like it but that is the way the cookie crumbles. Or as they say, tough shit.

Cute how you also have to call someone a 'baby blizz boy" as if that is some harsh insult.
    Quite hilarious how people come with Mythic content as hard when it's pretty clear that there are a whole lot people clearing it few weeks after its release when back in the days took months. The game is not worth paying for it anymore. There is absolutely no thing but Mythic or highranked pvp in the game. Leveling has become a dull joke, the world is completely empty (yes, Wow isn't an mmo anymore, its more likely a facebook highgraphic game) and the classes are so simplified that any 10 years old can play them decently, Wotlk mechanics were awesome and now they are shit.

If you call game rewarding getting an achievement to tell your friends how good you are makes clear how autistic wow community has become, if you can even call that game wow.

Not to mention all the secondary things that can make people go away from the game, like the new models (that they force you to play with).

Ah and by the way, if you are extremely bad at the game so you cannot clean content in normal mode, there is no problem, we offer you to play in a system called LFR, you just have to wait in the city so it pop up, then you clear with a bunch of bots with no coordination all the current content that our game offers!!

Resuming, you pay a bunch of money to grind 10 lvls smashing buttons with no chance to die, then clear the current content without having to socialize with anyone in a single second, and quit because there is nothing more to do than a broken pvp or clearing the same content over and over, because that will not give you any advantage than a "cool" achievement that sets how "good" you are at the game.