Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Could be an updated appearance for N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    That's likely just to cause the internet to go SHIEEEEEEEET

The picture is a clever combo of N'zoth and C'thulhu who the old gods are based on.
    No, it's just a picture of Cthulhu. Nothing "N'zoth" about it. Rising from under the sea, tentacles all over his face, big wings behind him... That's all Cthulhu.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know there were still people who didn't know how Cthulhu was envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, it's just a picture of Cthulhu. Nothing "N'zoth" about it. Rising from under the sea, tentacles all over his face, big wings behind him... That's all Cthulhu.
    Yeah so what? Old Gods are inspired by the Cthulhu mythos.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's Cthulhu (just wanted to be the hundredth person to say it).

On another note, how do you pronounce N'zoth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean even if its cthulu its still a teaser for old gods anyways so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I mean even if its cthulu its still a teaser for old gods anyways so...
    Right this is very very obvious, and that means a tease of N'Zoth because that's the only living old god left on Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    That's Cthulhu (just wanted to be the hundredth person to say it).

On another note, how do you pronounce N'zoth?
    Pretty sure it's fairly Phonetic, so En-Zoth or Na-Zoth

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Samwise does a lot of his own personal art too, this may just be a piece with Cthulhu that he felt like making.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Pretty sure it's fairly Phonetic, so En-Zoth or Na-Zoth
    The Zoidberg guy in Dragon Soul vocalises it as you enter the encounter. He'd know, right? (En-Zoth, iirc).

Man Alex doesn't even shy away from Davi Jones it seems.. what an ugly sob.

It's also entirely possible there will be more old gods than just the four we've heard about so far. The four on Azeroth are not the only four in existence. Could be that after C'Thun, Yogg, and Y'Shaarj were all destroyed, N'Zoth, being the weakest of the four, called for reinforcements?
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's also entirely possible there will be more old gods than just the four we've heard about so far. The four on Azeroth are not the only four in existence. Could be that after C'Thun, Yogg, and Y'Shaarj were all destroyed, N'Zoth, being the weakest of the four, called for reinforcements?
    I feel like given the way the Old Gods operate, and this apparent history of fighting one-another in battles, the end goal is for one Old God alone to survive to corrupt the planet, so I don't know that he'd be in a hurry to call in what will ultimately be rivals. Given how beat up the world is post-Legion invasion, N'Zoth may feel the time is right to take us out and that he can do it himself with whatever forces he currently controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I feel like given the way the Old Gods operate, and this apparent history of fighting one-another in battles, the end goal is for one Old God alone to survive to corrupt the planet, so I don't know that he'd be in a hurry to call in what will ultimately be rivals. Given how beat up the world is post-Legion invasion, N'Zoth may feel the time is right to take us out and that he can do it himself with whatever forces he currently controls.
    Then it could be that we fight a big battle to destroy or weaken N'Zoth and the void lords bombard us with Old Gods. It seems odd to think that the weakest of the four could conquer Azeroth given that the stronger three are all dead, two by our hands.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The Zoidberg guy in Dragon Soul vocalises it as you enter the encounter. He'd know, right? (En-Zoth, iirc).
    Actually Na-zoth , I remember it from some lore panel in Blizzcon around Cataclysm time when they Metzen said the name for the first time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    But Cthulhu is not covered in eyes, the creature Samwise drew is. I agree that it's very close to Cthulhu, but it doesn't look exactly like "him".

C'thulu isn't such a bad guy once you get to know him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Samwise posted some artwork on twitter today. This either lends credibility to and Old God expansion or he's trying to throw people off their scent. Still feels early for this kind of thing, I think they'd want to hold off on the reveal until Blizzcon but maybe they'll do it at Gamescom.
    That is C'thullu xD None of the old gods look like this, not even the faceless ones. This is just a drawing he made, nothing more.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Then it could be that we fight a big battle to destroy or weaken N'Zoth and the void lords bombard us with Old Gods. It seems odd to think that the weakest of the four could conquer Azeroth given that the stronger three are all dead, two by our hands.
    It would be pretty rad for many more Old Gods to rain down upon a world like meteors.

In fairness to N'Zoth, while he may be the weakest in overall power, I feel like he's the most insidious. Post Yogg-Saron's defeat, he was the only active Old God, which meant he was the one controlling Deathwing, the Nightmare, and the naga, plus all of the faceless ones and forgotten ones and Twilight cultists still active in the world. He's got a lot of resources to tap. I doubt he'll try anything overt, but he may go for corrupting the right pawns to set the world up for him to make his move.

Lookin' at you, Odyn. You dick.

They look like wings to me