Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

How would you feel if the next president rescinded the travel ban

and instead ordered US and NATO troops into those six nations to restore order and prop up Western friendly governments?

I believe in taking an interventionist approach rather an isolationist approach to fighting terrorism.

I don't think the president can order NATO troops to do things.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If we wanted to solve the problem we would colonize them. Since we are not it is the political equivalent to pissing into the sea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, start wars in SIX nations? Also, the US President doesn't "order NATO".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    You mean like in Iraq and Afghanistan? That is not going to work.

The only way to do something about those countries would be to recolonise them and spend the next 50 years or so bringing them into the 21st century, one modern institution at a time. And nobody is willing to bear the bad press (just imagine the headlines in Guardian and other leftists rags) and enormous expenses this would entail.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Well I had no problem with bush II invading Iraq. I think the issue with that invasion was how things should have been addressed which is saddam is terrible and a threat to stability not that ooh he has weapons of mass destruction invade mindset. It was a noble cause for the wrong idea. But anyhow answering the question I say we shouldn't get involved directly Instead we should support actual Muslims who critique the Koran and give them our backing. Let them reform those countries.

please don't vote OP.

So you want to invade countries that don't share your ideals on things. Turns out the US is going to have to take on pretty much everybody then.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    and instead ordered US and NATO troops into those six nations to restore order and prop up Western friendly governments?

I believe in taking an interventionist approach rather an isolationist approach to fighting terrorism.
    You can't secure the empire when Rome itself is falling, the travel ban is a separate issue, it stupid mostly because Trump is a fucking moron and his supporters are either too stupid to appreciate that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

How would you feel if the next president rescinded the travel ban...
    They will, along with most everything else this fucktard Cheeto has done. Which, in turn, will have them go down in history as one of the greatest presidents the United States ever had. Literally anyone else will look like a charismatic and intelligent sophisticate when compared to this ass clown, and following in his footsteps just gives them all sorts of fuel to improve the country and its standing around the globe.

I mean did anyone ever really expect to be able to look back at Bush Jr. and long for when he was in office? Because Trump's certainly allowed that fucked up thought to occur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You can't secure the empire when Rome itself is falling, the travel ban is a separate issue, it stupid mostly because Trump is a fucking moron and his supporters are either too stupid to appreciate that.
    The Travel ban is probably one of if not the most useful thing that could ever come out of the Trump Administration. Make it cover funding too and it'll be an amazingly useful tool for slowly starving the Terrorists out.

As others have said, the President doesn't order NATO or UN troops for that matter.

Also, a military action of that scale would require Congressional consent as it would be considered a declaration of war against countries we actually have no reason to be at war with. And no Congress in there right mind would just invade a sovereign country for no reason.

We invaded Afghanistan because they were harboring Bin Laden and the Taliban. We invaded Iraq on the false pretense of WMD's. Those two actions have probably done more damage than we possibly realize. It more than likely is responsible for spawning even more militant groups such as ISIS and Boko Haram.

I am fairly liberal, but I don't think we should be the world's police. I am of the mind to let people do their own thing. Why most trillions of dollars on wars NO ONE wants, when we could be spending it on infrastructure, education, and health care?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    As others have said, the President doesn't order NATO or UN troops for that matter.

Also, a military action of that scale would require Congressional consent as it would be considered a declaration of war against countries we actually have no reason to be at war with. And no Congress in there right mind would just invade a sovereign country for no reason.

We invaded Afghanistan because they were harboring Bin Laden and the Taliban. We invaded Iraq on the false pretense of WMD's. Those two actions have probably done more damage than we possibly realize. It more than likely is responsible for spawning even more militant groups such as ISIS and Boko Haram.

I am fairly liberal, but I don't think we should be the world's police. I am of the mind to let people do their own thing. Why most trillions of dollars on wars NO ONE wants, when we could be spending it on infrastructure, education, and health care?
    The most productive stance right now would just withdraw all western interaction with the middle east and threaten a wholesale nuclear strike on the entire region by all NATO and Russian powers to force them into a literal Pariah state and let them slowly consume themselves.

The Middle East is a Blight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think invading more nations is a bad idea. Just putting that out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    The most productive stance right now would just withdraw all western interaction with the middle east and threaten a wholesale nuclear strike on the entire region by all NATO and Russian powers to force them into a literal Pariah state and let them slowly consume themselves.

The Middle East is a Blight.
    Yeah, let's threaten to nuke an entire part of the world because of the actions of a few extremists.

You do realize about 90% of the middle east wouldn't care about the US if we weren't constantly getting all up in their shit?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The Travel ban is probably one of if not the most useful thing that could ever come out of the Trump Administration. Make it cover funding too and it'll be an amazingly useful tool for slowly starving the Terrorists out.
    It won't because based on history none of the terrorist events we have had come from any of the fucking countries on that list, try again.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

its not starving anyone out and (depending on clause / version) has been unconstitutional and very un american, it has little if any practical value, let alone address the so called problems its supposed to address

Title: How would you feel if the next President legalized Marijuana
    Post: And then went on to annex Mexico through biological warfare?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It won't because based on history none of the terrorist events we have had come from any of the fucking countries on that list, try again.
    They go through those countries constantly though, it's easy to fake passports. The easiest question to level is, Why shouldn't we ban travel to those countries?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its not starving anyone out and (depending on clause / version) has been unconstitutional and very un american, it has little if any practical value, let alone address the so called problems its supposed to address
    It's Un-American to impose travel bans on places? That's new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Title: How would you feel if the next President legalized Marijuana
    Post: And then went on to annex Mexico through biological warfare?
    I lol'd
    /10charsforthechargod

Sounds like a fine way to start terrorists actually coming through those countries.