Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mythic Plus score

What do you guys think about Mythic Plus scoring?

- Is it improvement?
    - shortening players list?
    - Making wow players better?
    - More fun?
    - Not fair for random players?
    - Meant for upper guilds only? and the rest can not find fair chance to join groups?
    - Demand to remove it?
    - Keep it we love it?

Your feedback is appreciated.

/cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    it should be possible to filter easily by realms exactly like the perfect realm system other than that all good : )

also adding a tracking system showing where realm first achievement are not triggered yet
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-07-16 at 01:48 AM.

Its án okay system to judge players you never played with before. It has it flaws (namely if you dont generally play alot of M+). But atm besides ilvl there is nothing else you can really look at when you are looking for players. so yeah it works fine - could be better but its fine.

I am only just discovering it, and haven't really studied it. I've earned Keystone Master on a couple of toons, but spend as much time carrying guidies as I do pushing keys. I wonder how much those carries affect our scores. I mean, if you're worried about your rating, does that mean you can only risk running them with A teams?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

it seems very limited use, doesn't it? i mean most people wont ever qualify for the ranking.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Its pointless, just like gearscore was.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    This. I grinded my way up to top 100 in the world for my main once, no point at all really. Pure e peen value and nothing more.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a good system at all. If you don't do much Mythic+ or only do your weekly, you'll have a shit score even if you're a decent player.
    I'd like to see it in the bin.

It is gives hard time for players do to their weekly, which is +15.

It's pretty simple

At 15+ (especially above 17) keys, each and every player in the group must be able to adequately contribute to the run and pull their weight. The easiest way to do this this is to WoWProgress them to view their M+ score and history. If all I see is a column of bricked 12-13s, then it's pretty safe to say they'd be a carry and thus not welcome in my group. Someone being a decent player doesn't player doesn't matter if they have no experience with the content. Someone can be decent in raids or decent in pvp but completely awful in 5 man content. Ive had 90+ parsing raiders who rarely do keystones just be full potato in the higher keys because they have no experience running high dungeons outside of doing their 15 for the week.

People that constantly pull extra /stand in void zones, rarely interrupt, don't know the dungeon very well and have trouble out dpsing geared tanks are a real drag on higher keys. Unfortunately players like these comprise of most of the player base, and mythic plus score is needed to gauge people's skill.

Running with people who do high kleys consistantly vs people who don't is a world of difference.

Speaking as a person who had to start pugging it a few weeks ago... it is a necessary evil. When I didn't use it having groups of even 920 sometimes ended with over twenty deaths within the first few trash pulls.

Gearscore is dead and the evil it spawned is far worse then what was before... thanks for titanforging blizz...

Apparently successfully running +10-15 keystones of the same small handful of dungeons means I have a super low m+ score ... oh well. lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

My mythic+ score is low, because I usually only do the weekly 15 for the chest. I'm not interested in running multiple mythic+s a week. I raid 4/5 days (evenings I mean, after work), and running a lot of mythic+ dungeons simply doesn't fit in my life. If I would like to get high mythic+ score I could achive it, but I simply doesn't realy care about it, to run a lot of dungeons, and run high level dungeons too. (high level mythic+s aren't enough rewarding to do, just pumping up an epeen (called Mythic+ score) which I doesn't realy need, because I have a nice in rl )

That's why, it is hard for me to find a public group for that, despite that I'm not retarded and do a nice mythic raid progress. So, in my opinion, the Mythic+ score is just a cancer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No it's not. It lets people know if they are getting an unexperienced player or an experienced player. I'm taking the guy that has done a 15 on every dungeon over the guy that has done a few single digit keys for my high keys. Although I don't start looking at Wowprogress until I hit the 13+ range.
    Last edited by muto; 2017-07-16 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    It's kinda like requiring curve for the first 3 bosses of hc?

It's a stupid system.
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2017-07-16 at 11:54 AM.

The main issue I have with it is that it doesn't care about affixes, so someone who did mythic+ this week will have a lot higher score than someone last week, even if they ranked way higher. For example we got the third highest rank of upper kara last week with a 17 in time but it's worth nothing because this week you can do a 19 far easier. Also the randomness of which dungeon you get can really screw you over as well as if you're missing a few dungeons, or you just got really bad runs on them then your score will be a lot lower than it really should be.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    It's pretty simple

At 15+ (especially above 17) keys, each and every player in the group must be able to adequately contribute to the run and pull their weight. The easiest way to do this this is to WoWProgress them to view their M+ score and history. If all I see is a column of bricked 12-13s, then it's pretty safe to say they'd be a carry and thus not welcome in my group. Someone being a decent player doesn't player doesn't matter if they have no experience with the content. Someone can be decent in raids or decent in pvp but completely awful in 5 man content. Ive had 90+ parsing raiders who rarely do keystones just be full potato in the higher keys because they have no experience running high dungeons outside of doing their 15 for the week.

People that constantly pull extra /stand in void zones, rarely interrupt, don't know the dungeon very well and have trouble out dpsing geared tanks are a real drag on higher keys. Unfortunately players like these comprise of most of the player base, and mythic plus score is needed to gauge people's skill.

Running with people who do high kleys consistantly vs people who don't is a world of difference.
    I get your point. I play with a couple guys who always parse orange in raids and do great. Then when we m+ on keys 12 -15 they go from too tier players to "why did I bring this dude..." players.

Edit: it's less that they don't have experience; it's more that the environment is different from raids to dungeons so their obvious disdain for mechanics slows us down. At 12 and 13 it usually doesn't matter. Still enough raw power to muscle thru. At 15+ it's crippling though.
    Last edited by Shostradamus; 2017-07-16 at 11:58 AM.

I like it. It's nice to have when you have to pug a player or two.

Since dífficulty can change greatly with affixes for each instance they should determine a run's score by comparing it only to runs with that same affix group. Otherwise no affix weeks like Sanguine/Volcanic/Forified ruin the scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    It's kinda like requiring curve for the first 3 bosses of hc?

It's a stupid system.
    The real question is what can we use instead? Ilv is ineffective I can tell you that much unless you crank it so high you only get mythic or extremely established heroic raiders.

It wasn't content designed to be pugged and with titanforge I can't see another way to filter groups.