Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Uh, from the photos I've seen in this thread... yep, looks like a male...

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Uh, from the photos I've seen in this thread... yep, looks like a male...
    Woman without makeup =/= man

If I saw her at first glance I would think shes a dude also. She does have a lot of manly features and not a lot of feminine going for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Not even caring if I get an infraction.

Are you a fucking idiot? She was riding a fucking bike. She is standing there on crutches because she got her leg bit by a dog. Guess what, you don't need crutches for that shit. That is someone looking for a pity party. People with broken fucking legs walk around without crutches. This is all just bullshit for the media.

She looks like a guy. And most likely was mouthing off at the Cop, because that is what most people are doing when they get their shit fucked up.

Guess what? When a cop is standing there with a gun and asks you for your backpack. You don't ask them if they have a warrant. That is asking for trouble. Legal or not, pick your fucking battle. When they are hyped up and standing there with a gun YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE.

How can you tell she is too short? Or too thin? Are you an expert at profiling a person? Is there something next to her that can be used as a comparison for height? No.

So many fucking idiots on this forum. This place has gone so far fucking down hill in the past 5+ years.

infracted - minor flaming
    I want to see you shrugging off being bitten by a police dog. Calling other people stupid while underestimating a police dog. Look in the mirror buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Are you going to go after the criminal!?" the store owner asked...

"Sorry guy, your description of the criminal who just threatened to kill you isn't good enough, Themius wouldn't like it if we went and looked for him without having an absolutely perfect description of him..."

Gotta love the standards you have for your police force. None.

What is part of the police education in the US? Gun training (gotta know how to pew pew pew after all) and a flyer handed to you at an all you can eat donut place?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    What is part of the police education in the US?
    Gun training, decision making training, learning laws and instructions, physical endurance training.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is 2 sides to every story, so far only one side has told theirs.

No one should be even commenting until the investigation is complete and the "whole" story is revealed.

She could have easily defused the situation by identifying herself. In typical ghetto fashion she escalated things by being a public nuisance.

I notice that the race baiting thread title is still being allowed. Despite racism not having anything to do with this incident.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    I am taking the girls side in this case simply because even if the encounter happened as described by the cops, they are still at fault in my opinion. The way they started the encounter was quite likely to cause problems (just imagine that instead of shouting and pointing guns they said something like "Excuse us sir, we are looking for a criminal, would you mind showing us your backpack please" - I am fairly certain there would be no fight in that case) and the cops also were the first to go physical.
    Well there is no way for us to form an objective opinion when we don't know all of the facts.
    It seems unreasonable to approach a suspect whom could have a weapon without having first secured your own. If the individual quickly turned and intended to strike one of them, they wouldn't be quick enough to unholster their gun to defend themselves.
    Also do you consider cuffing a suspect as "going physical first?" It's fairly standard procedure when a suspect is presumed to be violent, so the officers can fully investigate the situation while not having to worry about the suspect being able to retaliate.

Either way, body and dash cams just need to be a requirement at this point. Theories mean nothing when at the end of the day it becomes he said she said. If nothing else, it would cover liability to hopefully reduce riots.

I think there is another cop related post about a different incident where there is a body cam present.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxpaws View Post
    She could have easily defused the situation by identifying herself. In typical ghetto fashion she escalated things by being a public nuisance.
    Did we read the same article?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Did we read the same article?
    She's trying to act like she dindu nuffin after the fact. If you believe that, then you are naive.

From another article:

"Dispatchers only told officers to look for a black male in a white shirt carrying a pink backpack. The more detailed description was only developed once police spoke directly with the 911 caller, long after the altercation with Hargrove."

So already we can see the OP article is race baiting bullshit...
    It doesn't matter because they still unleashed a canine on her and beat her before being absolutely sure they had the right person. Not even the person that actually wielded the machete should be treated like that if they are unarmed. It's just more bad behavior from cops that needs to be reigned in. There is no justification for this at all.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-07-16 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    I can see some ground for the claim that they mistaken her for a guy from a distance.
    Some buffed women look really manly and this is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Woman without makeup =/= man
    SHE LOOKS LIKE A GUY. SHE ALSO SOUNDS LIKE A YOUNG GUY. The hair is the only thing that looks girly about her, but you have guys wearing manbuns and other girly hairstyles nowadays. Look at her mother - her face clearly looks like a woman's face. Her daughter's does not. She looks like a young guy.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-07-16 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Well there is no way for us to form an objective opinion when we don't know all of the facts.
    It seems unreasonable to approach a suspect whom could have a weapon without having first secured your own. If the individual quickly turned and intended to strike one of them, they wouldn't be quick enough to unholster their gun to defend themselves.
    Also do you consider cuffing a suspect as "going physical first?" It's fairly standard procedure when a suspect is presumed to be violent, so the officers can fully investigate the situation while not having to worry about the suspect being able to retaliate.

Either way, body and dash cams just need to be a requirement at this point. Theories mean nothing when at the end of the day it becomes he said she said. If nothing else, it would cover liability to hopefully reduce riots.

I think there is another cop related post about a different incident where there is a body cam present.
    We dont know what really happened yes, but even in the best case scenario for the police (their own account) they still screwed up.

Your next sentences are a neat summary of the huge issues with US style policing. The heavy-handed approach, often total lack of respect for the people the police interact with and the abject fear some police officers live in. You say suspect, but there was absolutely no suspicion, beyond her sharing the same skin colour and supposed sex. Besides the criminal they were looking for was armed with a machete, not a sub-machine gun.

I was once in a similar situation as this girl, I was stopped by 2 policemen looking for someone who robbed a bank after threatening the teller with a bomb. The cops politely asked me to show them my backpack which I did and was on my way. At no point did they feel the need to shout, point guns, or use handcuffs...
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2017-07-16 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

How is this race bait thread still going? It's clearly in violation of forum rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I notice that the race baiting thread title is still being allowed. Despite racism not having anything to do with this incident.
    My sentiment exactly. If it were the opposite situation like if I were to make a thread about the racism of BLM Canada for example it would be shut down in an instant.

You dont get to decide to what I reply or not dear.

- - - Updated - - -

Again.. this applies to you as well "dear"

Your next sentences are a neat summary of the huge issues with US style policing. The heavy-handed approach, often total lack of respect for the people the police interact with and the abject fear some police officers live in. You say suspect, but there was absolutely no suspicion, beyond her sharing the same skin colour and supposed sex. Besides the criminal they were looking for was armed with a machete, not a sub-machine gun.

I was once in a similar situation as this girl, I was stopped by 2 policemen looking for someone who robbed a bank after threatening the teller with a bomb. The cops politely asked me to show them my backpack which I did and was on my way. At no point did they feel the need to shout, point guns, or use handcuffs...
    I will agree that some of the policies are excessive, but also the general area that this occurred was not really considered a very friendly neighborhood. It could be expected that the officers would be more so on edge or alert for hostile actions.
    https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/bakersfield/crime
    Considered safer than only 7% of other US cities, in terms of crime rate. How is the respective crime rate of the area your incident occurred? We have some crazy, unpredictable people in the states, I don't know of anywhere else that has as high of frequency of lone wolf attacks.

It wasn't just the skin color and supposed sex, she also fit apparently having the same color backpack while being in a similar vicinity of the area. (I feel like a white tee is too common to be a half decent identifier.) Hostility and non-compliance did not help either.

Just because it isn't a gun doesn't mean it can't cause severe bodily harm, especially since the length of a machete blade can be nearly half a meter long. If someone were to spin and use that momentum to drive the blade. Depending on where it contacted, it could maim or kill the person struck.
    A bomb threat while serious is also slightly different. If the bomb is on their person, using it on the officer would kill them as well. After robbing a bank, people generally want to live to use the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    I will agree that some of the policies are excessive, but also the general area that this occurred was not really considered a very friendly neighborhood. It could be expected that the officers would be more so on edge or alert for hostile actions.
    https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/bakersfield/crime
    Considered safer than only 7% of other US cities, in terms of crime rate. How is the respective crime rate of the area your incident occurred? We have some crazy, unpredictable people in the states, I don't know of anywhere else that has as high of frequency of lone wolf attacks.

It wasn't just the skin color and supposed sex, she also fit apparently having the same color backpack while being in a similar vicinity of the area. (I feel like a white tee is too common to be a half decent identifier.) Hostility and non-compliance did not help either.

Just because it isn't a gun doesn't mean it can't cause severe bodily harm, especially since the length of a machete blade can be nearly half a meter long. If someone were to spin and use that momentum to drive the blade. Depending on where it contacted, it could maim or kill the person struck.
    A bomb threat while serious is also slightly different. If the bomb is on their person, using it on the officer would kill them as well. After robbing a bank, people generally want to live to use the money.
    Yes I realise that many places in the US are not very nice, but it is a vicious circle. Cops are afraid in those places and treat the local denizens badly. In return the denizens despise cops and let them know their hatred. This circle needs to be broken and the only ones who can do that are the cops.

Well the identification left a lot to be desires and frankly, had someone started an encounter with me by shouting and pointing a gun at me, I would probably not be in a very nice mood.

Oh machetes and knifes are dangerous, no doubt about that, but machetes are rather cumbersome. Its not about bomb vs. bladed weapon, its about how you train your police force. If you train them by showing them the one in a million traffic stop in which an officer was killed it does not help. Neither does the whole business of caling non-cops as civilians, since cops are civilians too, or at least they are considered so in my country. To cut this short, there is an unhealthy us versus them mentality that far too many cops have.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

I don't get some of these posts. If it were a guy (because apparently she looks like one), that makes it ok to beat and punch the person?

- - - Updated - - -

Today I learned not being a piece of shit requires professional training.
    People have a right to privacy fyi. You can allow cops to search your bag, car, home, or computer, everyone else is free to decline without a warrant or good reason.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.