Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation Money Hungry Twitch streamers is it wrong?

So i've been watching Twitch for a while now but something that im starting to notice is a lot of my favorite streamers are starting to piss me off with their constant selling out. I'm on your stream to watch some gameplay NOT for you to try to sell me some crappy service i dont have any need for. And the really weird thing is they know they are selling out and have no shame whatsover. What's is going on?

If you don't like a stream, don't watch it. Problem solved. Naggy streamers are annoying, though.

when you work stable job somtimes u want a raise, incase of streamers to get more money they need to offer more to the sponsers in this case advertising some products.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

7+ Year Old Account
    if they try to make streaming the only job they are forced to do this

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you don't like a stream, don't watch it. Problem solved. Naggy streamers are annoying, though.
    Pretty much what i've started doing. Just unfollowing these streamers which is kind of unfortunate since ive been following them for so long. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So i've been watching Twitch for a while now but something that im starting to notice is a lot of my favorite streamers are starting to piss me off with their constant selling out. I'm on your stream to watch some gameplay NOT for you to try to sell me some crappy service i dont have any need for. And the really weird thing is they know they are selling out and have no shame whatsover. What's is going on?
    And most of them (try) to make a living out of it or at least make their time investment somewhat worth it. Many streamers make a ton of cash and those who don't try to get there. If you are looking for a streamer who would do it for free, you are gonna look long.

I don't mind watching one for like 5 mins IF I have the time only to see what the game looks like and that is all. but people that watch start throwing money at them? why? what for?

The main problem is they need to get a real job. hubbies are hubbies. I stream once in awhile just so people can see, but no one ever watches, so I just turn it off after like say 4 hours of no one.

Let's just say that after the whole cam whores came in and dudes started throwing money at them it's all over for real people.
    and yes, cam whores. Don't believe me, look them up.

Someone doing something for a living wants you to partake in an activity that makes them money? HOLY SHIT, CALL THE NEWS! This is the first time this has ever happened and we must put an end to it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh. The way I see it is if you're using advertisement as a "business" model and your "business" fails, you deserve to fail. It's like these sites with messages like, "You appear to be using an ad blocker. This site is supported by ads so please whitelist us." If you can't afford to run the web site without ad revenue, you shouldn't be running a website to begin with.

Also, I've never understood the fascination with watching these streams anyhow. If I want to see game play, I'll buy the game and play it. If I'm stuck, I'll find a text-based guide/wiki to look up what I need, as video guides are annoying as shit.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-07-16 at 09:27 PM.

Well, it's pretty simple, if I watch a youtuber it's because I like him, and if he's selling out and constantly acting against what I concidere my ethic then I will just stop to like him and stop watching him.

Pretty much how I stopped watching TB when he started to take strong anti consumer stance, endorse P2W or micro-transaction in P2P and spew extremely regressive opinion.

Just realize that people change and if you don't like how they change you shouldn't fell obligated to keep watching them.

The reverse thing can happen too. I use to despise Pewdiepie because he was a loud and obnoxious overreacting youtuber, but I love him now since he changed to a down on earth depressed memelord.

Deleted
    If the stream is open for everyone, you don't have to pay a single cent to them, and you don't have to watch any ads (if Twitch even has them) with proper browser addons. If it requires a subscription or for you to pay something, or if their constant begging pisses you off, then don't watch that particular stream; there are probably 270 others just like it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-07-16 at 09:39 PM.

It's called marketing. They are there to make maximize their earning potential. Sucks, but I don't fault them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Seems like nothing different than having to watch annoying commercials on the tv.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's their fucking job, god forbid they do what they need to in order to make it profitable enough to support themselves.

If you don't want the service, ignore it, simple.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people I am fine with this, let's not forget they are paid to review and play games sometimes they are paid by a compnay, other times not. It's like advertisement, and there's nothing wrong with that. I mean as long as the company are giving you games you are interested in playing then there is no reason why you should not play it and get paid for it. It is their job at the end of the day.

It's when people are giving games to play and are told by the company to say nothing but good things about the game for cash. If they cannot be honest then I won't trust them.

Jesse Cox has a show called 'Jesse Sells Out' and he always plays what he has always been interested in trying out, but he has also turned down games because they have not been his cup of tea.

It depends on how true to yourself you are. If the person you support or watch, is having a good time then I am two. That is what I love about Youtubers and streamers, I owe a lot to Youtubers like TB, Jesse Cox, Angry Joe and Jim Sterling because thanks to them I would have never brought half the games I have over the last 5 years and enjoyed them as much as I have if I didn't watch their shows.

I see Gaming Youtubers and Streamers as the modern day gaming magazines I used to read as a kid.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Actors do the same thing. Do you bitch about it when you watch TV or movies?
    Athletes do the same thing. Do you bitch about it when you watch football, hockey, [insert other sport here]?

"Selling out" is nothing new. Either ignore that part and continue watching the stream, or turn the stream off.
    Only a great fool would vote for a lunatic. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the candidate on the Right.

But they must have known I was not a great fool, and would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the corrupt candidate on the Left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you donating to the streamers you watch, personally?

No?

Then you don't really have much room for complaint when they find other ways to monetize their stream.

If you don't like their streams, don't watch them. It's as easy as that.
    They are not wrong, they can do whatever they want on their own stream. As long as it's not against Twitch's rules of course.

They aren't wrong, but it will put many people off. Just like when streamers, put their amazon wishlist's in the chat. But hey, it works. The perks of having people worship you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Do you expect them to stream - that is, use their own free time and money - for free?

Would you?