Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    As the title says, I'm wondering why there isn't any trial time to try legion. if I remember correct, most expansions had those trial days some months after launch, to try out the next expansion if you didn't have it bought already. WotLK, Cata, MoP (or even WoD) had those try for free. And I used them, which hooked me to WoW every single time for a good amount of time.

Why are the devs missing out on free subs, just by ignoring those 7-14days free play time to players?
    I guess in this one aspect they decided not to cave to the players who leave. "Dont let the door hit ya"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not that I think this is the reason they do it, but if they were "desperate" for money, they'd offer the free trial to lure more people in.
    Don't worry, people usually make claims about the corporate greed and raking in money without actually knowing how that works so they say things like that. Of course if they just wanted to bait you they would give you a taste first.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They are desperate for $$.
    Isn't that the point of a free trial. To lure people in. They weren't giving out free trials as a form of charity in the past... They probably did it because it made financial sense to do it and I don't see why if that was true then it wouldn't be true now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Back in the day console games did have demo's to be fair and should still have them.
    I think all games should have a 20 or 30 (maybe even 1 hour) free trial of the FULL game (Or at least a 30 minute demo). I feel like this would cut down on torrenting a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There has only been one actual trial for an expansion
    Every expansion starting with WotLK and ending with WoD had the 10-day trial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Isn't that the point of a free trial. To lure people in.
    That was when their marketing department was not infested with freemium people. Nowadays they think they can sell more expansions if they make people buy them out of curiousity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is blizzard who makes like a billion dollars a year desperate for cash?
    Because Business' don't work that way, they always want to beat previous Sales Targets.

It didn't need one, did it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion starting with WotLK and ending with WoD had the 10-day trial.
    Then it is limited to countries, for the 10 day trials stopped due to Blizzard claiming that the 'f2p' from 1-20 was the trial. Haven't heard of a 10 day trial since.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because they don't want to put people off buying it once they realise how shit it is.

Well, Legion free trial = free basic artifact appearances for all. That's one of the major selling point of Legion, so No, they won't do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Haven't heard of a 10 day trial since.
    Because you bought the expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Well, Legion free trial = free basic artifact appearances for all.
    You need to be 102 to actually change anything in the artefact.

No? They're probably more well off than ever. How else would they have had the budget to keep hiring more employees on the team?

7+ Year Old Account
    free trials actuallty make them money
    so nice attempt but well yeah
    also wow has been making more then ever right now
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you bought the expansion?
    On one account, not the three others. I was given flat out upgrade to Cataclysm on all my accounts for free. As said, since then, not see anything of such offer, nor a button able to use to obtain a trial.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..