Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    Again those items are not providing the customers with better performance in end-game raids. Which everyone desires in this game. To be better. To be the best.
    I do not desire to be the best in game. I desire to be entertained. Not being in a top end guild or the highest ilevel on the planet or all of the great legandaries has no affect on my entertainment level so apparently your point is moot. Not only do I not desire to be the best in this game everybody in my guild that I play with has no desire to be the best in this game. Nor do I care about what % drop rate some cache is. Nor do I care what % drop rate some gear is. Nor do I care what gear anybody else is wearing or how they got it or how much 'work' went into acquiring it. No shits given.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Then report them sue them don't just complain is all i can say if you won't do that then you really should stop complaining about it
    Does this thread offend you ? Why do you want to tell me what to do? I don't want to do that. Easy. I want to talk about it tho. Why should it disturb you, sir ?

This whole thing smacks of someone being butthurt they haven't gotten a BiS Legendary for their class.

As to your whole "what is the purpose of high end raiders? to top the meters" nonsense. That's not true. Its to the beat the boss. Sure, numbers and parsing are awesome. But the only stat that matters at the end of the day is wins and losses. Did the boss die? And while gear is seemingly more important now because of how blizz has tuned fights, especially mythic fights, skill still provides a significant portion of how a boss is killed. You can easily see players that are 900+ or 910+ and haven't done anything more than LFR. Bring them to a normal raid and they get squished. You bring in an 890 gear player who knows how to raid, they don't die, and they perform.

Story from 2009 about a group that cleared Ulduar 10 in blue gear. http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/200...h-of-gear.html

Honestly, I've complained many times about not knowing where my BLP is.

My idea was to have a small dot appear on your character panel with the letters BLP over it. The dot could be green, blue, or purple depending on how much blp you have stored up. Once you get your lego, it flashes orange for a second, glows and then goes back to green.

It would really tell you nothing, but one could extrapolate data from it if given enough time and itterations. It would take some time to come together, and may be impossible to extrapolate fully if Blizz is steadily increasing BLP each patch(like kill points, which was the same thing, just extrapolating by actual drop rates using analytics).

The conspiracy theory that BLP doesn't exist, is what I'm not buying. That said, I'd love to have my little unobtrusive dot showing me my slow but steady progress towards my next legendary. As it stands now, I just have to get a feeling it's about time and pray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I'm a firm believer that the drop rate of items should be visible to players.

Even things like 1% mounts should have their DR confirmed and loot protection built in. If i'm going to farm a mount, i'd like to know my chances of getting it. If it's 1/100, IMO it should be guaranteed on your 100th kill. If someone has killed Yogg 100 times and still hasn't got mimron's head then that's criminal in itself.

The current system of never knowing when you're due a new one and then getting a shit one, or running an old raid for the 80th time with no guarantee that you'll have your mount 20 weeks later is so demotivating.
    1-in-100 and 1% are different things when it comes to odds. Percentages pertain to chances of any given SINGLE attempt.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    1-in-100 and 1% are different things when it comes to odds. Percentages pertain to chances of any given SINGLE attempt.
    Never said they were the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    i always enjoy my daily dose of shitposts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

OMFG. For crying out loud. TAKE. YOUR. TINFOIL. HAT. OFF.

Seriously. There is no fucking conspiracy.

WoW is a computer program. It's not a roulette wheel. You can program in bad luck protection so that if a chance-based event doesn't happen in so many iterations, it will happen. Or you make the chance of it happening slowly bigger until it's impossible not to happen. Just typing this, I can think of a ridiculously simple way of programming a very, VERY basic version of this.

Also, Blizzard Developers have already explained the logic behind drops, and why they did it. No, I'm not making this shit up, but I'm not going to try and go digging through several years worth of blue posts to find it. I think it might have been when Ghostcrawler was still around.

Anyways, the logic is that for their game system, they have two options for presenting end-game gear to a player. They can make it chance-based, or they can make it so that the player grinds for gear. The amount of time required to get the item (an item?) would be the same. Blizzard's went with a more chance-based model on the reasoning that it is more exciting for the player.

So, OP, that legendary that you're so salty about not getting? If they were making it so that you could grind out for that item, the time period to get it would be MUCH longer than what you think it would be. As it is, I'm not sure that we'll be getting legendaries in the next expansion, so that should be something.

You know, an addon could track this. Easily.

It would just count up

Since last legendary:

Number of Emissaries: X
    Number of Weekly Heroic Cache: X
    Number of Mythic +0 cleared per week: X
    Number of WarSupplies turnins: X
    Number of Daily Heroics: X
    Number of LFR Bosses: X
    Number of Normal Bosses: X
    Number of Heroic Bosses: X
    Number of Mythic Bosses X

Once you had that addon running a month, you could extrapolate everything using law of large numbers. You could also weight the averages for each event. At the end of a month, you could start to define when each person's next legendary would drop.

Seems like a very easy data collection and extrapolation addon. The problem with kill points is it didn't pull real time data from the user, just stored analytical data. If you had actual data from the users, this addon would write itself. Somebody do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I'm a firm believer that the drop rate of items should be visible to players.
    Of course, it is in the interest of players. But it isn't in the interest of whoever sells the lootboxes, etc. Lootboxes are making you spend more.

Look at what Blizzard managed to disclose for their games in China, look at the language and the numbers. They are trying to deceive at every corner. Here's how:

(1) The drop chance is reported as "1 in every X boxes". You know why this isn't a percentage? Simple. Because "1 in every X boxes" gets misinterpreted left and right as "if I buy X boxes, I am going to get it". Except this isn't true. Blizzard and others are charging people for not understanding math. Hey, it's legal.

(2) They are specifically saying that whatever they report is strictly for China. When they are asked whether these numbers apply to other regions, they remain silent. On purpose. What is going on is that they can't say "no", because the next question would be "why????" with a potential scandal. But they don't want to say "yes" either, because by not saying "yes" they are gaining sales through lack of information again.

(3) They are specifically saying that there are other things working in favor of a player on top of the published numbers. Things like the pity timer. They don't have to publish numbers for it, so they don't, but they make a big deal out of it. In order to sell more and in order to make it all cloudy and uncertain again. Ie, the chance looks small, but there is that undisclosed pity timer (which is even structured to be hard to assess) so you are lured into thinking the chance is "probably" higher than it really is. Again. In order to sell more through lack of information which the customer will misinterpret to his disadvantage.

Etc.

Heck, why did they add lootboxes at all in HotS and in other games? Why do they move things from the shop to loot boxes? Because lack of information helps sell more. When it is structured the right way people misinterpret it.

They are being intentionally deceiving and are working to be more deceiving every year. Not just Blizzard either. It's shady. (But government interference will make things worse.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Seriously. There is no fucking conspiracy.
    It is not even a conspiracy, it is in the open. Just open your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    so moral of the story is "I'm unlucky in getting the legendary I want, therefore the system is broken as it does not benefit me"
    I've killed GulDan on Heroic 15x and on Normal 8x. I've seen Whispers in the Dark trinket drop twice....I've used a coin each time. The only reason I got it is that I got a ring that another warlock needed and He traded the trinket for the ring.
    RNG is RNG some got a 920 version of that trinket from the bonus cache. Quit your BS please

f it's 1/100, IMO it should be guaranteed on your 100th kill. If someone has killed Yogg 100 times and still hasn't got mimron's head then that's criminal in itself.
    Seriously?

Oh MMO-C, never change.

The main problem with your argument, is that you don't own anything in the game, you don't own your character, you don't own any of your gold, or any of your equipment. Per the terms of service you are simply paying Blizzard to rent access to their servers. Blizzard owns everything in the game. So since you don't actually ever own any of your legendaries the law wouldn't be applicable. You are paying for access to the game servers, and they are giving you access to their game servers.

Deleted
    a bunch of stuff in wow, and games in general, might be gambling or gambling-like, but unless there is a financial incentive or significant adverse health effects, the law doesn't care to much.

the financial incentive blizz has is not directly tied to the gambling, they try to keep you playing by more means then that, and more importantly they don't get more money if you gamble more.
    there is no financial benefit for the gambler at all, you can't make money out of the gambling.
    and the people who get medical help due to wow are an extreme minority.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Of course, it is in the interest of players. But it isn't in the interest of whoever sells the lootboxes, etc. Lootboxes are making you spend more.

Look at what Blizzard managed to disclose for their games in China, look at the language and the numbers. They are trying to deceive at every corner. Here's how:

(1) The drop chance is reported as "1 in every X boxes". You know why this isn't a percentage? Simple. Because "1 in every X boxes" gets misinterpreted left and right as "if I buy X boxes, I am going to get it". Except this isn't true. Blizzard and others are charging people for not understanding math. Hey, it's legal.

(2) They are specifically saying that whatever they report is strictly for China. When they are asked whether these numbers apply to other regions, they remain silent. On purpose. What is going on is that they can't say "no", because the next question would be "why????" with a potential scandal. But they don't want to say "yes" either, because by not saying "yes" they are gaining sales through lack of information again.

(3) They are specifically saying that there are other things working in favor of a player on top of the published numbers. Things like the pity timer. They don't have to publish numbers for it, so they don't, but they make a big deal out of it. In order to sell more and in order to make it all cloudy and uncertain again. Ie, the chance looks small, but there is that undisclosed pity timer (which is even structured to be hard to assess) so you are lured into thinking the chance is "probably" higher than it really is. Again. In order to sell more through lack of information which the customer will misinterpret to his disadvantage.

Etc.

Heck, why did they add lootboxes at all in HotS and in other games? Why do they move things from the shop to loot boxes? Because lack of information helps sell more. When it is structured the right way people misinterpret it.

They are being intentionally deceiving and are working to be more deceiving every year. Not just Blizzard either. It's shady. (But government interference will make things worse.)

- - - Updated - - -

Your absolutely right, everything you've said is right, and it is shady.

However, Blizzard sees showing these things to the community as anathema. They would argue that it is in the good of the community not to see behind the curtain. They would say that some of the magic would be removed if you knew exactly how long it would be between items, and also it would remove the motivation in a worst case scenario. It would cause many to be disheartened and disappointed for the same reasons as you've stated, they do not understand math.

Let's just plug some numbers in and realize how these numbers would look really bad to non-math folks.

You start with a 1/100 chance at getting a legendary. For everyone 100 of these activities you do, you get 1 legendary on average:

Number of Emissaries: X
    Number of Weekly Heroic Cache: X
    Number of Mythic +0 cleared per week: X
    Number of WarSupplies turnins: X
    Number of Daily Heroics: X
    Number of LFR Bosses: X
    Number of Normal Bosses: X
    Number of Heroic Bosses: X
    Number of Mythic Bosses X

I personally think the weekly heroic cache is weighted to count for about 10-20 rolls, and this is a time based gating system implemented directly into BLP, but I digress, back to my example:
    Some people will get a legendary sooner, some people later, but that's when BLP kicks in.

Say after 50 rolls, blizzard changes that chance to 1/50 instead of 1/100. That 1/50 keeps the 100 roll target the goal, but the further you go after 100 the higher your chance of collecting.

Now lets say you've reached 100 rolls and still no legendary. Let's say Blizzard changes the chance of your legendary from those sources to 1/25. Once you reach 125, those rolls chance to 1/12 where it stays until you get your drop.

If the above was accurate, would you really want everyone to know it? How many would lobby for change? You want to change it right now don't you. To correct me in how it isn't conceivable to work like that or isn't possible, or shouldn't. Blizzard believes that some things should be held back.

I personally disagree with that, because for me as a player it would definitely be beneficial. However, I can see the potential for consequences it would likely cause across the community.

Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    Ok, understanding that loot boxes are not the primary source of a legendary, then...

What is a purpose of a end-game raider ? To top the metters. How does he do that ? By having the best gear, implicitly, his BiS Legendaries.

So he goes on a hunt doing content day after day, day after day, hoping he would get it. Real droprates and how droprates are increasing should be provided nevertheless. Unless it goes beyond the mentioned law in the link, especially in China.
    To perform to best of your ability and not do dumb shit i.e stand in fire or ignore mechanics and defeat the strongest bosses. I guess you can say top the meters solely if you just want some special attention I guess your parents never gave you.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

Etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice well put info

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    a bunch of stuff in wow, and games in general, might be gambling or gambling-like, but unless there is a financial incentive or significant adverse health effects, the law doesn't care to much.

the financial incentive blizz has is not directly tied to the gambling, they try to keep you playing by more means then that, and more importantly they don't get more money if you gamble more.
    there is no financial benefit for the gambler at all, you can't make money out of the gambling.
    and the people who get medical help due to wow are an extreme minority.
    The financial incentive exists, health adverse exists as players tend to spend ridiculuous ammount of time chasing the goodies, therefore bad for health. People have even reported dead for playing too much.. so..

I have played for months and still got none. And not only me.
    Then you don't do anything when you play. I have people in my guild who cry that they don't get legendaries and they are the same people who never want to run anything. Doing mythics? Nah they outgear them. Doing LFR? Nah its boring. Doing Normal? Don't need the loot....So they sit in Dalaran and cry that they don't get legendaries, when in reality if they actually did anything in the game they would have more.

You pay for access to the servers and current content.

No, they're not going beyond the law. You can trust that they have lawyers on this that ensure such things, being a multi-billion company and all.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-18 at 04:26 PM.

First post, bingo! The "this is optional" is in!