Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The right to bare arms is for men and women, to wear short sleeves shirts.

I you feel the need to pack an assault rifle to go buy milk, there are two options

1)You live in Somalia or the Donetsk bassin.

2)You need urgent psychiatric help.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    When Autism meets the second amendment.
    NO! Bad Normie. BAD!

Being Autistic has nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This, pretty much x a million.

Literally all you accomplish by walking around with your AR-15 slung around your shoulder is make everyone around you nervous, in addition to raising the relative chance of gun violence happening in your vicinity.

Good job citizen! /s
    You're not helping either. I'm Autistic and walk around people every day, not only are they NOT nervous but they don't even have a freaking clue.
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-07-18 at 10:59 PM.

I never understood open carry... concealed carry makes sense but why would you want to show off that in a emergency you are the one armed? Just makes you a target.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Not afraid" and "open carry" don't really go together.

The term open carry only applies to handguns. You can carry a shotgun around legally in any state in the US iirc. You also cannot legally conceal a long weapon, so if its in a car it cant be loaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I see the Open Carry stories I'm reminded of the woman who taught my wife's Conceal Carry class. She said that if someone has the intention to do bad things the worst thing someone else could do is Open Carry their weapon. Nothing says making someone concealing a pistol more dangerous than them walking up behind the moron toting an assault rifle over his shoulder, shooting him in the back of the head, and then taking his gun.

You've pretty much eliminated a core threat with one bullet and armed a psychopath even more than they were previously.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Small penis syndrome.

People who own guns but aren't paranoid delusional morons don't pull this shit. They just go about their business...with a gun. They don't try to start shit with cops, they don't make a scene carrying imposing weapons down the street, they don't pass out poorly xeroxed newsletters about how duh gubbermint is gunna take der guns. They just live their lives...with a gun.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Actually I don't but nothing is actually going to change that now because unfortunately stupid people don't actually wake the fuck up and focus until something tragic happens loud enough they can hear.
    Dead white children weren't strong enough to create strong gun control laws. Why would anything else?

I know rocks are going to be thrown at me, but I think it would be pretty hard to conceal an assault rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'm all for gun rights and open carrying but it really is retarded at the end of the day. Even in red states (cities/large towns) you put people on edge, become a target of suspicion by the police and if shit truly is going down and someone is committed and they scoped out the place first then you're the first to drop while concealed carriers have the element of surprise.

But just screw the manchildren that go into McDonalds or Walmart with their ARs strapped behind them. You look like gigantic douche bags and should be treated as such.
    I agree. The assholes that open carry on youtube for the sole purpose of getting the police called so they can cry "mah rights," do more damage to gun ownership than any concealed carry. At current moment there's no need to have an AR-15 strapped to your back when you goto walmart. If you have to carry then carry concealed so you don't freak everyone else ou t.
    Last edited by the game; 2017-07-19 at 01:09 AM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do morons want to start shit with police to 'prove a point'? I mean really, the brainless simpletons of the hysterical left do this all the time so why imitate their antics? I absolutely think Americans should have guns. It's a dangerous and violent country filled with criminals, poor people and lots of ideological lunacy that in any other civilised country would be considered a step above terrorism. Why would you NOT want to carry a gun with you at all times in such a place?

You may think my reaction to this ridiculous but don't forget that even I don't think you should be carrying a rifle around all the fucking time into shops and other shit and least of all to start shit or cause a scene. You know how when fuckwits stand in front of cars to 'protest' and scream about their rights? This is exactly what you're doing. That shit doesn't get the left anything except mockery and derision, as it deserves. Normal people don't care if you have a gun. Some are even glad that you do and carry them themselves. You just don't need to fucking walk around waving a rifle everywhere to 'piss off those dickless liberals'. You're just making a fool of yourself.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's so fucking hilarious. The logic is "I need to protect myself in case some nutjob with a gun walks into this mcdonalds!"

Everyone else: Holy fuck look at that nutjob with a gun walking into mcdonalds.
    This x100. Open carry is dumb and dangerous.

I never understood the hardon for open carry, to be honest. Concealed carry, sure. They can't know if you are carrying, but people are funny in the way that if they can't see it, they will not worry about it.

A dude walking around with an AR on their back is sure to be reported to the cops (and this is probably EXACTLY what most open carry advocates hope for, so they can whine about their 2nd amendment), however, if shit hits the fan, they will be the first peoples to be killed by the bad guys. Concealed carry? Not so much, you always have the edge. ALSO, people can not see you are carrying, so they do not worry about you, just that douche who thinks he needs a semiauto rifle to go buy groceries. So you can draw a bead on the bad guy while they aim and shoot the open carrier.

So all in all, they do provide a good distraction, but nothing else.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    When I see the Open Carry stories I'm reminded of the woman who taught my wife's Conceal Carry class. She said that if someone has the intention to do bad things the worst thing someone else could do is Open Carry their weapon. Nothing says making someone concealing a pistol more dangerous than them walking up behind the moron toting an assault rifle over his shoulder, shooting him in the back of the head, and then taking his gun.

You've pretty much eliminated a core threat with one bullet and armed a psychopath even more than they were previously.
    The sad thing about this is people will go "DON'T GIVE THOSE PEOPLE IDEAS!" or something like that ... I go, if I, a sane person, could think that what makes you think no one else would?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Dead white children weren't strong enough to create strong gun control laws. Why would anything else?
    OH good point but you have to remember racist don't really care about their race either especially when it no longer suits. The threat the impact for too many has to be personal to the point they're shaken from their not my problem attitude.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Sure. In Ohio, all I have to do is find someone on a website used to sell guns (armslist.com, gunlistings.org, etc) and set up a buy. I meet them where ever, show them my ID and buy the gun with cash. Ohio requires no paper work when selling from one private seller to another, no back ground checks, nothing. I've bought and sold several hand guns this way, it always feels like a drug deal. I guess I should add, you're supposed to check their drivers license to make sure they are 18 and a resident of Ohio - but most of the time no one does this (in my experience).
    I guess I don't understand what any of that had to do with people who own guns having a harder time getting a job?

My main issue with this is that it only applies to white people. Try being black and really open carrying at all, and see how long it takes for you to be either arrested or killed.

/Shrug

They're simply proud of their hobby or want to trigger select folks. When a gun owner tries to sell the idea that they are purposed to self defend themselves or their family, then I can't stop my eyes from rolling.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

People who are not afraid to flex their doucheness.