Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Also we don't even know how Illidan has "sacrificed himself" to imprison Sargeras. I don't know why people are assuming he's pulling a Tal Rasha and literally putting him into his body. There's no indication of that.

It's possible his entire body and essence is sacrificed itself, negating Sargeras' use of Fel against the Pantheon, and that's how he's helping. Considering that's what they were weak to. They could have pulled some bullshit Kerrigan thing where the Pantheon elevates him to their level and that's how he's doing it.
    The implication of the closing text as I read it was that Illidan was physically standing guard over the prison as its warden - not as host to Sargeras' essence or anything, but more empowered by the Pantheon's might to contend with Sargeras essentially forever to prevent him from leaving the Seat of the Pantheon. To achieve that basically both Illidan and the Pantheon have to be sealed away, leaving Azeroth as the sole Titan world-soul left in the physical universe - and, inadvertently, placing her directly in the sights of the Void as the final prize to turn the tide in the future Light vs. Shadow war.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The implication of the closing text as I read it was that Illidan was physically standing guard over the prison as its warden - not as host to Sargeras' essence or anything, but more empowered by the Pantheon's might to contend with Sargeras essentially forever to prevent him from leaving the Seat of the Pantheon. To achieve that basically both Illidan and the Pantheon have to be sealed away, leaving Azeroth as the sole Titan world-soul left in the physical universe - and, inadvertently, placing her directly in the sights of the Void as the final prize to turn the tide in the future Light vs. Shadow war.
    Yup, pretty much.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    There's a Illidan shaped lock. And they shove him in there and lock the place, killing Illidan in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I find it quite ironic that the titans say Azeroth is the final titan despite the fact they merely explored a small pocket of space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Lots of voice-over added too.

I have no idea what Netherlight does, but it looks cool, lol.

Edit: 4 emissary now, guessing 3 of BI and one of Argus factions.
    Interesing... So now will be 4 emisaries max? I wonder only if for classes from Mage to Paladin who got instant world quests due to upgrade in thier class halls, can use it to instant finish world quests for Army Of The Light?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I find it quite ironic that the titans say Azeroth is the final titan despite the fact they merely explored a small pocket of space.
    Well I assume there's the "that we know of" unspoken qualifier in there. It would also make strategic sense for the Void to focus its attention on the already compromised world-soul it knows about, especially now that all the elder and great powers of the universe like the Titans have been conveniently sealed away. If I were a Void Lord I would personally keep seeding the universe with Old Gods as well - as long as it doesn't require expenditures of energy that would compromise a full-on assault on Azeroth proper. Best not to put all one's eggs in a single proverbial basket.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I assume there's the "that we know of" unspoken qualifier in there. It would also make strategic sense for the Void to focus its attention on the already compromised world-soul it knows about, especially now that all the elder and great powers of the universe like the Titans have been conveniently sealed away. If I were a Void Lord I would personally keep seeding the universe with Old Gods as well - as long as it doesn't require expenditures of energy that would compromise a full-on assault on Azeroth proper. Best not to put all one's eggs in a single proverbial basket.
    Is there something stating the Void only knows what the Pantheon knows?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Is there something stating the Void only knows what the Pantheon knows?
    The void didn't have a clue, which is why they hauled old gods at random into the universe, they might have learned of other titans or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The void didn't have a clue, which is why they hauled old gods at random into the universe, they might have learned of other titans or not.
    So the assumption that Azeroth is the only compromised world-soul they know about is inaccurate. They could already have world-souls in their sights beyond Azeroth with a whole host of other types of minions pouring out of them with entire other old gods we don't know about, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    So the assumption that Azeroth is the only compromised world-soul they know about is inaccurate. They could already have world-souls in their sights beyond Azeroth with a whole host of other types of minions pouring out of them with entire other old gods we don't know about, yeah?
    Pretty much, might be also why Xal'atath mocks our "little" conflict.

Deleted
    Sorry if I am retarded and missed something, but do we know for certain that whatever remains of Sargeras resides on Argus ? I just assumed that where KJ would have opertaed from and Srageras would have operated from Nihilum.

I listed to the Aman'Thul VO and he says somethign about Argus becoming the prison of the pantheon and Sargeras, and I was just trying to recall whether at any point we are told Argus is defo where Sargeras is chillin.

Quote Originally Posted by raiziee View Post
    Sorry if I am retarded and missed something, but do we know for certain that whatever remains of Sargeras resides on Argus ? I just assumed that where KJ would have opertaed from and Srageras would have operated from Nihilum.

I listed to the Aman'Thul VO and he says somethign about Argus becoming the prison of the pantheon and Sargeras, and I was just trying to recall whether at any point we are told Argus is defo where Sargeras is chillin.
    Considering Sargeras "fills the sky" after we beat Argus the Unmaker, I would guess that he wasnt originally on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I just feel like it seems way more like a deus ex machina (almost literally) for our characters to despair and think they failed, only to start a cutscene where the titans we freed suddenly appear and say "Don't worry, we've got this," than us bringing some huge army or weapon to bear against Sargeras that we actually planned for. Not to mention that our newest information about the titans before this patch had them too dead to even do something like this as spirits (unless we gathered up the people who had their spirits in them maybe, but we don't), so it's really coming out of left field for me.

I mean, the details of the cutscene could certainly alleviate that, but having the last boss of the Legion be a new character and Sargeras being dealt with entirely in a cutscene sounds more anticlimactic to me than half the ideas I'd read on the forums. Though, again, the main reason I came here is because it currently feels like there's a gap between the despairing dialogue and the victory dialogue, although I guess that's likely to just be covered by the cutscene.
    I mean we've been getting into conflucts bigger than ourselves for awhile. We where weaker than the lich king, we needed 4 aspects to fight one.

Its not a deux ex machina if the plot , and story behind it showed it as the only possibility. A deux ex isthe gods coming out of nowhere and fixing a problem they dont care about.

Sargeras has ALWAYS been the titans problem. OUR story has always been azeroth. Sargeras has always been an ominous threat off screen and in the history books.

( not saying you cant be disappointed. Just that this is probably where we've been headed for years
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK this is precious. To get to the ANtorus raid you need to pass through a fairly extensive area filled with fel lava and small platforms. Yes, if you cannot platform, you cannot raid.
    sounds reasonable. that should be in front of each and every raid tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh and the area is infested with basilisks that of course can stun you from a distance.
    Generally the Antoran Wastes area is no picnic. Densely populated and very complex terrain that will make flight-obsessed people rant.
    wonderful.

cant wait for the next 20 threads about how 7.3 and the rest of legion sucks because someone cant use their feet.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ever post in those threads you deserve your fate imo.
    i dont.
    i still have some dignity.

its just annoying when the recent posts tab on the front page blows up with "ma flew flew is gone! pls kys blizz!!!11!! >:-("

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Lore noob here.

Explain to me - is it inevitable that ''sleeping/growing'' titan a la Azeroth will ''wake up''!?

And if it does, what happens? Our planet dies or is thrown off like a placenta or what?
    It would take an extremely long period of time for this to happen. But when it did happen, more likely than not the catastrophic effect of Azeroth's metamorphosis into becoming a Titan would destroy everything on Azeroth.

But hey, I am just assuming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    wonderful.

cant wait for the next 20 threads about how 7.3 and the rest of legion sucks because someone cant use their feet.
    Cool, let's bring up topics that have nothing to do with the thread in an attempt to derail it and whine about people being able to fly.

I doubt anyone will be complaining about being unable to fly on Argus, and if you think people will, you clearly do not understand the issues people have with no flying. Zones like Stormheim and Highmountain are nightmarish to traverse on foot and participating in content such as Archeology is horrible because of the time it takes to go from point A to B, trying to find whether or not going to a flight path is more efficient and so on.

Argus won't have these issues. If people get stunned off their mount, they'll get off and kill the mobs. A random stun sounds a lot less painful than the infinitely charging tauren on the Timeless Isle, and yet people weren't complaining about not being able to fly there either.

I mean seriously, it feels like the flying haters get more riled about about flying than the people who actually want it do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Cool, let's bring up topics that have nothing to do with the thread in an attempt to derail it and whine about people being able to fly.
    i just made a side comment, you are the one that brings it up fully.

- - - Updated - - -

anyways, is the new dungeon open yet?

or is it still not ready?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i just made a side comment, you are the one that brings it up fully.

- - - Updated - - -

anyways, is the new dungeon open yet?

or is it still not ready?
    You made several quips, but if you want to drop it then I absolutely encourage it and won't touch the subject further. Fair enough!

As for your question, the front page on MMO-champ links a blue saying yes, but the last I checked the PTR was a nightmare of lag, crashes, and graphical glitches of the likes I've never seen before. I do not know if that has been fixed.

Source, if you need one for the dungeon: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...87990?page=1#1

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the WoW map viewer still a thing? I wonder if the Argus raid is in the data files at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting