Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah I mean, if racism no longer exists, which is what is said over and over again by some people, then why aren't there any all-black open carry groups, walking the streets, showing off their assault rifles to onlookers. Rhetorical question there, and I'm not looking to start anything. Must be a reason though. Wonder what that is. Again, rhetorical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear it's like we're trying to turn real life into GTA:Online. Next thing you know some jackass is going to throw a bomb from the window of a speeding McLaren P1 'cause the other guy cut him off.

Welcome to the next level of road rage, people.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    My main issue with this is that it only applies to white people. Try being black and really open carrying at all, and see how long it takes for you to be either arrested or killed.
    I imagine it wouldn't change. Less you think gangs would get involed?

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I guess I don't understand what any of that had to do with people who own guns having a harder time getting a job?
    Yeah, it would help if I could read. I read it as harder time getting a job than getting a gun. Derp.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I'm not against guns.

I don't own one though and am not really into them.

I am fine with people having one but do we really need to be walking around with guns out in the street in 2017 like it was 1817 in Kentucky? Actually seems kind of silly really.

It is people like this that make people even more against guns, so when the Dems come for your 2nd amendment rights- this is part of the reason why. You played right into their hands and have no one to blame but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    SO YOU WANT TO GIVE MORE GUNS TO MORE PEOPLE???

Guharuhrgsggsrerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... gnhnnh.h.............

This reads as if you just want everyone to kill each other.
    Something tells me you stopped at the bolded line.
    Because the third line makes it pretty explicit he is looking forward to the shit hitting the fan when a bunch of manchildren with bad aims start getting into arguments.

Deleted
    I guess the next step is to keep the weapon in your hand at all time.

There is a simple rule that people should really take in consideration.
    If you think that the next step would be going too far then current step is already too far.
    Because when you go in one direction with time you go further into that direction.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec7205cd1; 2017-07-19 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    I guess the next step is to keep the weapon in your hand at all time.
    The final step will be to have guns that have infinite bullets, so that you can have one in both hands when you go out, full auto shooting everything that moves until you're back inside your own "castle".

You know, "just in case."

I do believe there should be better licensing and registering. The handgun safety course here in Iowa is like 45 minutes online and it is really all very basic shit. You can start the video and go do laundry, come back and easily pass it.

Criminals don't just walk around open carrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I never understood open carry... concealed carry makes sense but why would you want to show off that in a emergency you are the one armed? Just makes you a target.
    Posturing ?
    I mean, behind the veil of self-defense excuse, that's the real reason why people love guns : feeling powerful and stronk and I-don't-take-shit-from-anybody one.
    Yes, carrying openly is stupid, it only makes you a target. But guns aren't about intelligence, they are about dick-waving. From this point of view, showing off your big dick is pretty much the whole point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I guess I don't understand what any of that had to do with people who own guns having a harder time getting a job?
    Well, if they go to a job interview while openly showing their guns they might have some problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    These people know they make pills for that right?

They're not impressing anyone.

The Gun has become a fashion accessory in the US

Wouldn't get far walking around Darwin or Melbourne like this.

Deleted
    So just to be sure.

Those people are saying that they will totally be ok if they see some stranger-looking person openly carrying weapons as they do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Something tells me you stopped at the bolded line.
    Because the third line makes it pretty explicit he is looking forward to the shit hitting the fan when a bunch of manchildren with bad aims start getting into arguments.
    Ye I have this habit

I live in Texas which has been open carry for a LONG time now. I very rarely see them. When I say rarely I mean I haven't seen one next to ever. Maybe 2 or 3 times and that was right around when it first happened and the nuts were just trying to make a point.

The thing is businesses that are private property can prevent you from being guns on site as long as they follow the rules by posting the correct signs and such at each entrance and this also goes for peoples private homes etc. Also some law about if alcohol is sold there for consumption etc. Should add in that state to state this is likely a little different as well. But almost all businesses have done this and I don't know to many people that like people entering there home strapped so you are out of luck in a lot of places. So you find yourself in this position of not being able to bring your gun into most places you are going. What it boils down to is people have a gun in their car most of the time at best. So this is the technical reasons behind it.

The practical reasons is guns are just to big and heavy to really want to lug around with you all the time. I mean think about your cell phone in your pocket and how sometimes that can kinda bother you by jabbing you in the leg, making it hard to pull things out of your pockets, and all sorts of other minor things. Then imagine a 6 to 12 inch weapon on your hip with some weight at all times. Odds are it will end up pissing you off more than anything.

End of the day its just a law passed so the gun lobby could prove its big and powerful. No practical reason behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Posturing ?
    I mean, behind the veil of self-defense excuse, that's the real reason why people love guns : feeling powerful and stronk and I-don't-take-shit-from-anybody one.
    Yes, carrying openly is stupid, it only makes you a target. But guns aren't about intelligence, they are about dick-waving. From this point of view, showing off your big dick is pretty much the whole point.
    I hate to say it but I agree.

I fully support concealed carry as to me it makes sense... I grudging support open carry because I don't want to face a fine or possible jail time because I accidentally flashed my gun while sitting down and someone got upset by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would preface this by saying that I fully support the right to own and use firearms in the defense of one's life, property, or livelihood. I don't always agree with the manner in which we practice said freedom (more on that in a moment) but I do agree with the essential nature of the freedom as commonly applied to the Second Amendment of the Constitution clarified by the Supreme Court's interpretation of it in terms of private gun ownership. Now, that being said, I do think the way many American citizens approach the gun is singularly odd.

The gun, as a concept, seems almost fetishistic to a large subset of our society - both a status symbol and a statement of sorts, a way of identifying yourself as a member of a social order. We forget that guns are, by their nature, killing machines - they exist for no other reason than to maim or kill what they're used upon. This is compounded upon by the impression that this kind of strange fetishistic impulse doesn't extend to other classes of death-delivering appliances - if I were to go out in public with a bandoleer of syringes full of lethal poison, or perhaps lead-lined ampules full of polonium-210, I would be the target of suspicion and likely terror even though both of those lethal implements are decidedly less dangerous than guns.

So no, I don't really think social settings and open areas are the place for lethal ordinance - not in a civil society where the danger to one's person on an everyday basis is decidedly minimal. Open-carry is a solution for a problem that just doesn't seem to be in evidence in our culture - we have selected citizens who are both armed, and hopefully highly trained, to act swiftly and decisively in the rare cases where an emergency response is called for. Private gun ownership should be a factor where the intervention of such forces is limited (e.g. in a more private setting like a home) or constrained - not at restaurants, sporting events, or social gatherings.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What is exactly the ''message'' carrying a gun is supposed to mean in the Deep South ?

''I had 500 $ at one point in my life and I'm not in a neuro-vegetative state'' ? (which is the only ''requirement'' to have a gun therein)

Let them carry their guns in peace