Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs down Are they "dumbifying" the Titans?

Hey,

I'm not an alt, i'm just a long time lurker, and I've never really posted or replied that much, so i'm not trolling.

I listened to the recent VO datamined from the latest PTR build, and it seriously made me lose any hype I had about 20 years of Sargeras/Burning Legion/Titans hype. They just made him sound like some kind of mad NPC who just wants to destroy stuff with no actual logic or intelligence behind but a binary set of simplified decisions. I mean, if you listen at the VO of Loken from the Halls of Lightning, you can feel like the guy has been alive for thousand of years, witnessed all sort of events and situations, and has a minimum of dexterity, you can get a bit of inspiration from the character even though he is a vilain.
    Same for the whispers of Illgynoth, you feel like even though it's an NPC, it has a thought process with a logical way of thinking that can show you that there is more to it than just wanting to spread tentacles, it's darker or whatever. God, even the shadow priest dagger sounds smarter than the Lord of the legion..

With Sargeras, and the rest of the pantheon they literally sound less deep than any boss from the leveling dungeons, there is no "mystical" purpose behind, no feel of machiavelic plot, nothing, just "BRRAAAAR DEATH PAIN BRBRAAA", it literally killed all the Lore hype I had, and all the expectation of what a mastermind would be, the one who convinced one of the most advanced civilizations on the universe (The eredar) to join his ranks..
    Last edited by Sberdila; 2017-07-19 at 04:16 PM.

These are the same writers who said the old "one-shot wonder" gods would make sargeras beg for death

lollore

- - - Updated - - -

Ra-den >>>> Sargeras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gU6_5OIk60

10+ Year Old Account
    If only these were datamined files and perhaps not the final versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Unfortunately the talented blizzard employees work on micro transactions. WoW seems to have the bottom of the barrel for devs atm

Not that excuse again, it doesn't work for 90% of the time.
    They wouldn't add it in a patch build if it wasn't ready, it's not an amateur company with an early access game.
    It's not a feature you iterate over until you get it right, it's voice acting, professional voice acting sessions that are done and cost lots of money, once they are done, they implement them in game. Same as with music, you don't have a music datamined then have it completely changed in game, just cut into parts at best.

Spoilers from what's on the PTR
    So by the sounds of it Sargeras has been torturing the Titans to try to bend them to his will. That's why they're not exactly at full capacity.
    As for Sargeras himself, he IS mad, he thinks that the solution to the Void Lords is to burn the entire universe to ash.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Spoilers from what's on the PTR
    So by the sounds of it Sargeras has been torturing the Titans to try to bend them to his will. That's why they're not exactly at full capacity.
    As for Sargeras himself, he IS mad, he thinks that the solution to the Void Lords is to burn the entire universe to ash.
    I think the OP meant more that he sounds like a random boring villain, not a cunning huge titan that knows much more than almost everyone else about the real nature of the universe and why things must be done this way.

Sargeras basically turned mad, he may subconciously still have some intelligence, but his madness may prevent that from being expressed directly.

They are voice files, they are absolutely finished.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    These are the same writers who said the old "one-shot wonder" gods would make sargeras beg for death
    No, they are not the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Unfortunately the talented blizzard employees work on micro transactions. WoW seems to have the bottom of the barrel for devs atm
    Stop spreading false, wrong, stupid information

7+ Year Old Account
    what?
    nothing, just "BRRAAAAR DEATH PAIN BRBRAAA",
    the only titan that's screaming "DEATH PAIN! BRUAUAUAUA!" is argus who's been getting tortured since the corruption of the eredar.

They just made him sound like some kind of mad NPC who just wants to destroy stuff with no actual logic or intelligence behind but a binary set of simplified decisions.

sargeras doesnt sound like that at all.

the only titan so far that actually sounds like some random brainless npc that ignores any of his brain cells is aggramar.

and he got brainwashed and corrupted to become sargeras' puppet.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-07-19 at 04:56 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

How can you dumbify something that never had personality to begin with?

Dumbifying sounds like something a child says. Where's that pulled from. I listened to the sound files and didn't hear anything abnormal.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Thing is, at least from the impression I get, these AREN'T the titans in they're full glory. They're what's left of their essence after their first fight with Sargeras, essence mind you, of creatures that are order personified. Even barring everything that has been done to them since then, their own nature would likely cause them to have a binary outlook on the universe. Just look at the systems they put in place when they left, everything is either "According to plan" or "Deviated and in need of cleansing to start over from scratch". cleansing with a literal death ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Stop spreading false, wrong, stupid information
    I can't have opinions contrary to yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They've been retconned so many times I can't give a fuck about them anymore. Hell they were boring to begin with. Blizzard seriously struggles with things like character arcs.

You gotta remember: this is Blizzard. The same Blizzard that when asked to "make someone frightening or even the embodiment of terror itself" in three different universes they always came up with "Grr, I'm so angry and big and you will fear my saturday morning villain voice! Be afraid for I am so powerful!"

Every. Fucking. Time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

That was my first thought too. I heard the voice files for these and I was just like uhhhhh wtf.

These are the mysterious titans that have been foreshadowed for the past 10+ years? Are you fucking kidding me.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Death Pain" line is Argus who is unformed torturted newborn titanic something.
    Space magic.