Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If you didn't think Steve Bannon was evil already...

I give you:

"Steve Bannon Saw the ‘Monster Power’ of Angry Gamers While Farming Gold in World of Warcraft"

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/07/s...d-farming.html

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I give you:

"Steve Bannon Saw the ‘Monster Power’ of Angry Gamers While Farming Gold in World of Warcraft"

Not sure the part of this that makes him 'evil'. Do we consider all communists evil because they support an ideology that butchered a hundred million people?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Do we consider all communists evil because they support an ideology that butchered a hundred million people?
    Well, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Well, yes?
    Hanlon's razor.

Deleted
    The good news is that the nowadays audience of computer games is a broad audience, and not the "white males" alone anymore which bannon and Yiannopulous hyped to burn feminism in Gamergate.

At the end, the gamergate story completely created the opposite of what the fascist Bannon and the pedophile supporter Yiannopulous tried to achieve.

They lost the battle. They just dont know it yet. The gamer scene isnt dominated by "white right males" nowadays, but by all kind of people, a colorful mix of genders and ages, a mix of cultures and ideas.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-20 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steve Bannon really subscribes to the belief it would better to let society collapse on itself, so that it could be used politically for whomever would pick up the pieces, namely him.

Trump maybe an bad moronic man child who's access has given him far more than reason. Steve Bannon is just fucking evil. Seinfeld or not.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I give you:

You are very very late to the party..

here is a thread about this from 5 month ago... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...WoW-gold-farm?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I really don't see a problem with making money.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The good news is that the nowadays audience of computer games is a broad audience, and not the "white males" alone anymore which bannon and Yiannopulous hyped to burn feminism in Gamergate.

At the end, the gamergate story completely created the opposite of what the fascist Bannon and the pedophile supporter Yiannopulous tried to achieve.

They lost the battle. They just dont know it yet. The gamer scene isnt dominated by "white right males" nowadays, but by all kind of people, a colorful mix of genders and ages, a mix of cultures and ideas.
    This post is hysterical. Diversity in gaming was never the issue. Keep living in your fantasy world though.

Seeing many of the typical mmo nut-bags hating the guy makes me think he can't be all that bad.
    Working on my next ban.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy shit, sometimes I read things like this and think "Are people this fucking delusional that this is how they saw Gamergate?"

Considering the whole Gamergate was about people being pissed that a stupid slut blew 5 guys to get good reviews for a shit game is where it started and ended.

Deleted
    Confirmed. Bannon is colluding with China and not Russia.

Sure thing. And Hillary won the election!
    Working on my next ban.

Only thing going through my mind: so what?

He tried to make money through WoW gold selling. That makes him evil?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Holy shit, sometimes I read things like this and think "Are people this fucking delusional that this is how they saw Gamergate?"

Considering the whole Gamergate was about people being pissed that a stupid slut blew 5 guys to get good reviews for a shit game is where it started and ended.
    Meh, you're leaving a lot of the story out. The whole collusion between gaming """journalists""" is pretty important.
    Working on my next ban.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Meh, you're leaving a lot of the story out. The whole collusion between gaming """journalists""" is pretty important.
    that was the 5 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Only thing going through my mind: so what?

He tried to make money through WoW gold selling. That makes him evil?
    You don't understand. He isn't a self-loathing whitey who wants to destroy American cultural norms, so he's basically the devil to them.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I really don't see a problem with making money.
    Would you knife someone and take their wallet? Hey, you just made some money, what's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    I find that every gaming site releasing the same article "The Gamer identity is dead" pretty suspicious right before GG started...

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014...t-on-the-list/

Oh wait they were colluding with eachother on a skype group called Game Journo Pros.