Poll: Would you?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Smile Would you bot if you knew for a fact you'd never be banned for it?

I would. I don't get why people get their panties in a bunch over botters. It doesn't affect you.

I'd never consider botting for the sole reason it's not worth risking losing an account I've put 10 years in to. If not for that I'd bot without a second thought. It'd allow me to skip doing things I hate so I could spend more time doing things I love like raiding.

Edit: Just to clarify, I wasn't asking if you'd bot if botting was allowed, I asked if you'd bot in a hypothetical world where you were psychic and knew for an absolute fact you'd never ever be caught.
    Last edited by Wvvtayy; 2017-07-23 at 04:45 AM.

Na. What's the point? Why play at that point?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I would. I don't get why people get their panties in a bunch over botters. It doesn't affect you.
    It devalues the cost of raw materials, so yeah, it does affect us.

I wouldn't bot myself, but I'd understand why others would if they knew they'd not get banned for it. I'd rather just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Na. What's the point? Why play at that point?
    Some people don't like leveling an alt for the umpteenth time and with paid character boosts I don't see why people would be against it. I would only bot to level after that I'll play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post

I'd never consider botting for the sole reason it's not worth risking losing an account I've put 10 years in to. If not for that I'd bot without a second thought. It'd allow me to skip doing things I hate so I could spend more time doing things I love like raiding.
    Because it affects you.

You would rather bot a lot of things in wow and just raid. Well, many others would prefer to bot your raid. Would you enjoy your raid if it was filled with bots? Probably not. You probably want to raid with others. So youd support banning raid bots. Well other people like doing the other stuff and would hate your bots. So those bots are banned too.

Wow is a SOCIAL game. You set up a twitch channel of bots raiding 24/7 and its not gonna get a lot of views because the TRUE content is the people that play it.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-07-21 at 12:36 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing I would've wanted in-game that I'd have to set up a bot for. So no.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Because it affects you.

You would rather bot a lot of things in wow and just raid. Well, many others would prefer to bot your raid. Would you enjoy your raid if it was filled with bots? Probably not. You probably want to raid with others. So youd support banning raid bots. Well other people like doing the other stuff and would hate your bots. So those bots are banned too.
    I'd raid with bots and not care as long as they were capable of clearing content.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes. i would. but ive already been permabanned once, so my opinion really means nothing.

for some reason, i really enjoyed botting archaeology achievements.

for me, personally, it really depends on what you are botting
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-07-21 at 12:38 AM.

It affects everyone. Between Honor farming, material farming, leveling on auto. Yeah it affects everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, never.

I would, but I'd be against it if it was going to be disruptive, like if it was being used in BGs or LFR. Personally I'd use it for some of the repetitive things like levelling and nethershard farming.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Well if people would not get banned for botting it would make crafting mats devalue big time. The only way to make any money as a gather would to sale huge ammounts which many would need to bot to keep up with other bots or craft. Random BG's would just be a shitstorm not worth doing. So i might bot for farming mats and hell i guess honor as doing a BG would as i said be a coin flip if your team is 80% bots or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. I botted KNOWING I could be banned for it. You better believe I would if it was open game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would, simply for the fishing artifact, i have spent easily 24 hours to get it and level it up, i still need another 24 hours to max it out, of literally constant fishing
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I used a fishing bot back in WOTLK when I did not have much time to be on personally.

So when I went to work, I put it on auto fishing.
    That's all it did. It just fished. No movement, no fancy pancy stuff like that. Just fishing.

Can't for the life of me remember what the name of the thing was, but it was something I found on a certain website that I believe is no longer among us.

But I would personally never use a bot other than that auto clicking one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Yep, I'd bot. I did bot (interrupt/rotation bots) before and was never banned for it, even raided in a guild ranking in the top100 with it. You'd be surprised how well these bots performed during raids, you just had to do mechanics and the dps would've been taken care for. You had to think, still, you needed to manage your cooldowns manually, same goes for cleaving and whatnot, but oh boy was the game trivial then.

yep.. lvl alts and farm mats/gold.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Well if people would not get banned for botting it would make crafting mats devalue big time. The only way to make any money as a gather would to sale huge ammounts which many would need to bot to keep up with other bots or craft.
    Which is a non issue if you knew anything about botting. Back when I botted, I could fill 20 slot bags full of stacks of ore or herbs in about 6-8 hours, depending on competition. I then had buyers who would buy it from me for about 3/4 what it sold for on the AH, and I still made gobs of money. The key is to keep the shit off the AH. AH prices are what ruins everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you from having years of WoW under my belt, like everyone else here, that botters can shag off and die.

I know it's tedious to make a level 1 alt. I know some people hate grinding rep mobs or farming mats, mining, herbing etc. Oh well, too bad.

I've run into BG's with 12 hunters on the opposing team, what's the fun in playing 12 bots? Not multiboxers, bots.

The one thing I would use botting for, I don't believe you can. I have become jaded and weary of farming old raids for mounts. If I could bot that, I might feel differently but the rest of the stuff I either don't do or understand it's part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't. I'd be a fool to think I'm not getting banned.

With botting, I may as well never play the game; none of the collections were achieved by me.