Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not a fan of this raid.

Most of it is kind of like Star Augur mythic where it's mechanically easy and extremely boring but if one person is retarded or falls asleep in the boredom then the whole raid wipes.

Obviously I haven't done KJ mythic but on NM and HC I'd say he was one of the worst end raid boss fights they have ever created in terms of how boring and easy it is.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-07-21 at 04:18 AM.

I like most of the bosses. A bit boring for the tanks though. The lack of trash compared to the nightmarish NH is very welcomed though.

Deleted
    no, too similar to previous ones, lack of originality, same mechanics by the same developers for years now

10+ Year Old Account
    Majority seem to lack a thing or 2 for me in ToS. The only ones (normal/heroic) which I found "new" and "interesting" mechanic vise have been Maiden, Avatar and Host. Rest just seem so repetative, specially KJ which feels (at least on normal and possible on heroic) so boring, just been there-done that style boring. Lack of trash is nice though, makes it easier to move on.
    Out of all the raid so far in Legion I would say liked EN the best, ToS is some place in the middle while NH I really dislike.

I'm enjoying it so far. Avatar and Maiden being my favourite. I have to agree that KJ is really underwhelming for a last boss. Raids this expac have been ok. Nothing really stands out so far for me like for example ToT.

Hoping they're saving the best for last.

Too many fights where you need to "stand in this to split the damage", also this raid is bring the immunities not the player.

It's kinda meh, what I am really missing is the heroic only (now mythic) bosses with funny achievement. I was hopping Legion would add one, but I guess they weren't too popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Tol Barad = World bosses so let's add Drov, Tarina, Rhukmar and Kazzak. Plus the one you missed in HM

So

WoD

HM 7
    BRF 10
    HFC 13
    World Raid bosses 4

Cata

Baradin Hold - 3
    TotFW - 2
    BoT - 5
    BwD - 6
    Firelands - 7
    Dragon Soul 8
    Total= 31

34> 31 so I think my maths is absolutely fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I counted Tol Barad. It's just if you count that then you have to count world bosses since they're the same thing in how they are done :P
    The guy in that post said 'amount of bosses in raid instances'. Still, people were wiping in Baradin Hold bosses on their release. No one has ever wiped to a world boss aside from maybe Oondasta.

Yep, like it. So far it's my favourite raid in Legion, though all of them were top notch tbh. Especially love the lat wing in ToS, seeing the Avatar for the first time was super epic , as was falling down the lift shaft in Maidens room to see what's there. I also like KJ's disco ship and the fight too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    The guy in that post said 'amount of bosses in raid instances'. Still, people were wiping in Baradin Hold bosses on their release. No one has ever wiped to a world boss aside from maybe Oondasta.
    Vanilla WBs and TBC Kazzak wave hello

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Yep, like it. So far it's my favourite raid in Legion, though all of them were top notch tbh. Especially love the lat wing in ToS, seeing the Avatar for the first time was super epic , as was falling down the lift shaft in Maidens room to see what's there. I also like KJ's disco ship and the fight too.]
    All the raids this expansion have been pretty good - I agree completely.

ToS isn't the Green/Black monotony that people are claiming it to be; there are a lot of different themes which makes it quite a bit more interesting than EN.

I've enjoyed every fight in this tier, too. Legion raiding overall has been some of the highest quality content, at least mechanics-wise, that I have seen recently.

It is like almost every boss has a soaking mechanic. Can't really say I enjoy that.

The raid is still okay to me though.

Deleted
    I like hard content, and mythic is hard not like NH.7/10 easy then augur,elisande and guldan fun fight. If you feel that KJ is underwhelming so is every end boss on nm/hc. Go mythic KJ and you will cry.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    The moon thing is brilliant,
    If only they managed to code it in a way that doesn't kill framerate? Since my guild started progressing on mythic Sisters I'm getting 1/3rd of my normal framerate in that room. Also I'm getting headache from constant staring on that floor, it was different when you spent 10 mins in the vicinity and different when it's 3h straight of progress. Anyway my guild is going on a summer break for a bit so I don't have to watch this crap for some time but then we have to kill it some day. This place should have epilepsy warning written on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand in x circle or the group wipes feels very uninspired at this point, feel like I'm doing the last 3 of nighthold but it's every boss. Bring all your solo soakers, it's a party, super fun!

Aesthetically it's like 9.5/10
    Mechanically like 4/10

so we can call it roughly a 6/10 raid.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    No. I think it is bland and mechanically uninspired. Fits in well with the general failure that 7.2 was though. Also, KJ was very anticlimactic, no build-up, nothing. barely any lore advancements as well.

I hope they will put more effort into 7.3

I find navigating to raid to be tedious. The desolate host trash is the worst shit since mimiron trash pre nerf. Avatar is my favorite fight, with KJ being 2nd. Everything else is overcompensating trash.

Seems like a decent raid. KJ is a bit underwhelming, compared to Sunwell KJ though. Caveat I've killed Sunwell KJ world 20-ish but only done ToS KJ on heroic - filthy casual.

7+ Year Old Account
    i really like the feel of the raid, many change of style and most boss room are very well made. for boss tho

- Goroth is okay 1st boss, not much to say or complain about.
    - Demonic is meh, not a huge fan of the torment mechanic in mythic. On heroic this boss is pretty much a target dummy for cleave spec.
    - Harjatan is cool, the mythic fight has cool mechanics, the enrage timer is weird tho as you can just destroy the boss by skipping last sets of eggs and tunnel. On hero the fight is a bit to tunnely but ok.
    - Sister is cool, floor mechanics is something new and is fun to play around.
    - Mistress is Okay, would probably be one of my favorite fight if not for the fucking puddle that make you miss. As a melee those are SO fucking annoying.
    - Desolate is Okay, is one of those fight that look overly complex but end up being super simple, ignore most of the shit. Makes me think of dragon in EN.
    - Maiden is very weird, the fight is simple but very gimmicky. the fel vs holy thing is cool, makes it an interesting patchwork fight. the consequence of failing is just shit tho, the all jump into the hole fells super shit with the timer above your head and needing to wait 6 sec before you can actually jump... the fight also as shity interaction like someone exploding pushing you down the hole or the boss stunning you mid jump etc...
    - Avatar is superb, by far my favorite fight this tier, interesting mechanics, cool interaction between phases, impactful strat decision, everything i could ask for in a boss...
    - KJ (hero, not seen enough of mythic to make an opinion) is weird, the first phase is meh. 1st intermission is shit, run around soaking stuff... phase 2 is very interesting, lots of overlap, phase is crescendo, pretty cool. 2nd intermission is absolute shit. The definition of a shitty phase that ad zero to the boss. Watch your minimap to find ilidan in 1 sec and then kill a bunch of shitty add that do nothing. this phase cuts the crescendo of the fight, is slow as hell, and is super shit and easy to deal with... Last phase is meh, the obelisk are hard to pinpoint cause of camera angle and in the end ad little to the phase except being annoying, rest of mechanics are bit too easy... a fight that had so much potential but once you've reach 40% is more annoying than anything else... The all fight also as this feeling of KJ doing nothing but making you soak stuff...

I need to finish mythic before i can really say if it was a good raid or not but overall i think it's gonna be an average one.

Not sure in what world people rank EN as a better raid than ToV.

I highly dislike that every boss in this raid evolves around Hydrashot mechanics - it's incredibly uninspired and just seemingly randomly thrown into every encounters toolkit.

Goroth has you soak puddles with 3+ people, Harjatan has your whole raid soak his strike, Sisters have their shot, Sassy has her shot, Host has the spear, Maid has her hammers, Avatar has his puddles and KJ has his beam - Inquisition is the only boss that doesn't have a 'soak with X people to split damage'.

Looking back, Nighthold luckily wasn't like that - bosses there felt really unique in that regard.