Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok I see we are still going with the "stupid decision" argument.
    No I'm not, you just can't think of a valid counter argument so your trying to rubbish my posts, I doubt you're going to fool anyone though >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    To all people on this forum....Refusing to update, upgrade and patch is the digital equivalent of refusing to vaccinate your kids.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    people like yourself never update so you were vulnerable due to your own stupidity.
    You are the reason why recent attacks were so widespread.
    you are part of the problem.
    Wrong, and OT, do you have anything worthwhile to contribute or just more random/weird personal attacks?

NB: The actual reason the recent attacks were so widespread was because Microsoft chose to charge so much money for extended XP support that most of the companies stuck on XP couldn't afford it.
    Last edited by caervek; 2017-07-21 at 02:36 PM.

oh...you are complaining about bug and crash reports and equating them to your personal information you put on social media....gotcha.
    A crash report could have personal identification info like memory dumps with whole documents in them.
    As I said, I don't have a choice in which what information is collected and shared. I don't like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Wrong, and OT, do you have anything worthwhile to contribute or just more random/weird personal attacks?
    Random/Weird? I think you mean factual.
    WannaCry that hit 100's of thousands of PC's used an exploit in smb with windows ....which was patched in April by Microsoft. So why did it spread so much? People didn't update or patch. Literally if you kept up to date with updates you would have been immune.

Security experts have been warning organizations that failed to apply security patches to their Microsoft Windows-based computer systems that it was only a matter of time before another digital siege surfaced. Guess what few months later Petya virus hit...again exploiting an already fixed issue that hasn't been updated.

so yea people like yourself is the reason why we have such damage from these attacks...this nonsensical resistance to change, update and upgrade in a tech world where it is most vital.

Quote Originally Posted by gzeus13 View Post
    DX12 support coming soon confirmed.
    DX12 sucks though, its been making some games (like Rise of the Tomb Raider) run worse.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 10 is great and they offered free upgrades. I don't see the issue.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    A crash report could have personal identification info like memory dumps with whole documents in them.
    As I said, I don't have a choice in which what information is collected and shared. I don't like that.
    I don't think you actually understand what this information contains. if you took 2 seconds to google you'd know that

Minidumps or kernel dumps never contain passwords, e-mails, files' contents or ip addresses.
    Msinfo32 contains only private ip addresses which are not able to be accessed from the internet. They too never contain passwords, e-mails or files' contents.
    You can type msinfo32 into Start, press Enter and see for yourself. Or use WinDbg on the dumps.
    There is really no concerns here about any of this.
    What is your concern exactly?
    This information is literally used to make the product better for you.

The only way a memory dump can house personal information is if you literally made a RAM disk and put your personal information on there in plain text...but then again that's not Mircsoft's problem....it's like blaming Visa for your lost money when you posted a picture of the card with the CVV code on facebook.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2017-07-21 at 02:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and I choose precisely what information to give to Google and Facebook. I don't have that choice with Windows 10.
    Use linux.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    My rig does a cold start that fast with W10. W10 is a hell of a lot more responsive and faster than W7.
    i start my comp once a day and takes under a minute i don't care about the start up time when i barely ever cold start it and i'm always doing some thing else like giving my cat her morning shot when i do. as to responsiveness i have no delay doing any thing on my computer so once again what possible reason would i have to upgrade?

What is your concern exactly?
    The concern is that I don't really have any control over it.

On my other machine I could see at any time what every process is doing, why it is doing it, how it is doing it, and if I don't like it, I could change it. Guess what ? It's not Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i start my comp once a day and takes under a minute i don't care about the start up time when i barely ever cold start it and i'm always doing some thing else like giving my cat her morning shot when i do. as to responsiveness i have no delay doing any thing on my computer so once again what possible reason would i have to upgrade?
    Plenty of reasons, though there's also a few reasons to stay in windows 7. One major thing to upgrade to 10 is security. It's the same thing when people didn't want to switch to 7 over XP because they were worried about another Vista. We had Windows 8 and for a bunch of people that was a fiasco but Windows 10 is fine now. Most of the issues people state about not upgrading to Windows 10 that I've heard were hearsay and compatibility. There could be compatibility issues, who knows if that's the case with their own programs (since some relied on Internet Explorer and not edge) but personally I haven't had issues with 10 and it should be worth the security upgrade.

so yea people like yourself is the reason why we have such damage from these attacks...this nonsensical resistance to change, update and upgrade in a tech world where it is most vital.
    Those attacks weren't really fault of some personal users who prefer W7 over W10. It was the fault of organizations' cost cutting. Many of them still use outdated software that only runs on outdated OS because upgrading that shit would cost them too much money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The concern is that I don't really have any control over it.

On my other machine I could see at any time what every process is doing, why it is doing it, how it is doing it, and if I don't like it, I could change it. Guess what ? It's not Windows.
    look unless your pc contains the nuke codes then yea don't install windows on it, stick to linux. But for 99.99% of people they don't care about program information, they care if their name, address, creditcard information and passwords gets collected and Windows simply does not do that. period. If they did then the ransomware attacks would not need people to go and pay them, they would just help themselves.

- - - Updated - - -
    Your claim seemed weird to me at first because I doubt you can actually change anything so I did 2min of research and asked an Engineer and I now call bullshit.
    Unless you are reading the assembly loaded into memory what you are claiming is impossible. And if that is actually the case then what you worried about since you have assembly language access?

Either you are making shit up or you think you can change something you actually can't
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Those attacks weren't really fault of some personal users who prefer W7 over W10. It was the fault of organizations' cost cutting. Many of them still use outdated software that only runs on outdated OS because upgrading that shit would cost them too much money.
    that is true...to an extent. We have media coverage because big organizations were hit but a metric but load of individuals were affected as well because of the delivery method. If people updated regularly but organizations did not as you say then the attacks would have been contained to those organizations and then you can point and go "oh look X happened due you Y policies and leadership" but this attack went global.

I'm not saying poor policies and cost savings did not boost this spread but i'm talking about heard immunity. Viruses can't spread against immunized targets live or digital.

look unless your pc contains the nuke codes then yea don't install windows on it, stick to linux. But for 99.99% of people they don't care about program information, they care if their name, address, creditcard information and passwords gets collected and Windows simply does not do that. period. If they did then the ransomware attacks would not need people to go and pay them, they would just help themselves.
    Plenty of things that Microsoft could care about besides passwords. Not everyone watches Youtube and posts inspirational quotes on Facebook 100% of the time.
    I'm personally developing a few things and if Microsoft wants to take a look at them, they will have to pay for it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Random/Weird? I think you mean factual.
    Nope, it was weird that you randomly started attacking me for not applying updates (also wrong).

WannaCry that hit 100's of thousands of PC's used an exploit in smb with windows ....which was patched in April by Microsoft. So why did it spread so much?
    A lot of the companies still stuck on XP can't afford the prices Microsoft charge for XP updates. Even worse some of them consider it not worth spending on (I.E the English hospitals that got hit).

people like yourself is the reason why we have such damage from these attacks
    And again with the random personal attacks :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of things that Microsoft could care about besides passwords. Not everyone watches Youtube and posts inspirational quotes on Facebook 100% of the time.
    I'm personally developing a few things and if Microsoft wants to take a look at them, they will have to pay for it.
    wait don't tell me you made a ram disk and loaded your entire source code on it!
    Is that it?
    Please tell me that is it.....because if not i don't think Microsoft gives a rat's ass about unknown errors reported on third party software. Why would they care about something that is literally #notmyproblem.
    Also pretty sure that's what pattents are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please tell me that is it.....because if not i don't think Microsoft gives a rat's ass about unknown errors reported on third party software.
    They could access it if they want, it's in the EULA. What you think about what they do is irrelevant, read the EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I love how you don't get jokes or sarcasm. For a good many days I would constantly get messages from Windows to upgrade to 10. I have 7, I'm happy with 7, stop asking me.
    uhm that was so you could get it for free, now it would/will costs money to upgrade to 10 or 11 or 12 or whatever you do when the time comes.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    They could access it if they want, it's in the EULA. What you think about what they do is irrelevant, read the EULA.
    please show me what part of the EULA says they can access your personal information. I want a direct quote