Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    High Elves would be a sub-race to Blood Elves, meaning they'd go to the Horde side.
    Or they could just be added to the alliance, not a real issue.

Like I said, Alliance High elves not being playable already is the biggest reason they probably won't be playable. Any other BS reason against them is just that, BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Yeah i get it, you had success on reddit so you thought you will post it here.. Well people complain about a lot of things. Trolls have no beard, almost every horde race is hunched. no shit that people want customization in RPG game.

edit: If High elves still exist in lore, then i see no reason to not add them.. Same as Mag'har orcs or taunka or whatever.
    High elves are in the game already. They're a Horde race called Blood Elves. 90% of the high elves were killed in the Third War and of the remaining population 90% joined the Horde and called themselves Blood Elves. That doesn't leave very many high elves in the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

If alliance cant get High elves because they are too few, then why can even players play as an orc? Orcish horde is made from few orcs who fled from interment camps to kalimdor and then they saved handful of trolls from some island.. how could they make the mighty horde? I tell you why, because gameplay doesnt represent real numbers.. If you have theramore, dalaran and allerian stronghold full of high elves (lorewise) then i dont see a reason why not play as one of them.
    There were a lot more interned orcs than there are high elves.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    One flipped elf for me pls

10+ Year Old Account
    If alliance cant get High elves because they are too few, then why can even players play as an orc? Orcish horde is made from few orcs who fled from interment camps to kalimdor and then they saved handful of trolls from some island.. how could they make the mighty horde? I tell you why, because gameplay doesnt represent real numbers.. If you have theramore, dalaran and allerian stronghold full of high elves (lorewise) then i dont see a reason why not play as one of them.

Yes you are contradicting yourself, if you want to these discussions to end, the only way is to make them playable or wipe them completely from azeroth.

Can i really play as a high elf? Are they alliance? Do they have blue eyes? Do they have unicorns and hippogryphs as mount?
    Yes you can, the mounts and eye colour are irrelevant. The faction is not, but that's the key tell. If Blood Elves had joined the Alliance back in the day people wouldn't be using a difference in name to try and justify bringing in High Elves. It's a desire for my faction's most popular race without having to play on my faction.

I don't think they'd do that unless they also gave a popular Alliance race to the Horde.
    Truthfully that is a good counter argument. I'd play a Dark Iron, but Blizzard's story direction for them have been leading them against it, so shit outta luck on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It's a desire for my faction's most popular race without having to play on my faction.
    That's totally alright for players to desire that. I strictly play Horde, and I'm not against Alliance players getting access to that model.
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2017-07-21 at 05:17 PM.

You can have undead human as nathanos Humans are popular.

I'd love to have Worgen on the Horde side, but I don't think the race is very popular; not like Humans and Night Elves.
    Personally I'd love the option at level 20 or so is to just "Go traitor" I don't really like elves (Nightborne, have my heart) but I love the Worgen and Draenie. I'd love it even more if I told Gilneas and the Alliance to "S my B's" and sworn fealty to the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup, looks about right.

As much as I love elves, we're not getting high elves - stahp et. ;_:

I'd like to see all races go Neutral like Pandaren, giving us all the option to pick which faction we'd like to fight for. I think faction loyalties should depend on the player and not the race.
    YES!!! Then they could start to focus on making the factions have a real and separate identity. They've really started to blur that line in the past few expansions. We've always had a Warchief leading the whole of the Horde, now the Alliance gets a High King, F off with that.

I'd love to have Worgen on the Horde side, but I don't think the race is very popular; not like Humans and Night Elves.
    Worgen would probably be more popular if the animations were better. The worgen run animation is so awful, it's an awkward slow plod that makes worgen feel slow and their casting animations suck too. I had to race change my worgen warlock to human just because the animations were so bad. I'd race change my druid too but Nelf is the only race I dislike more than worgen. I haven't played my DH since the first week of Legion because the model is so terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    YES!!! Then they could start to focus on making the factions have a real and separate identity. They've really started to blur that line in the past few expansions. We've always had a Warchief leading the whole of the Horde, now the Alliance gets a High King, F off with that.
    The leader of Stormwind has been the de facto leader of the Alliance since the beginning of WoW.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Yeah i get it, you had success on reddit so you thought you will post it here..
    Well this post definitely hurt a few feelings.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Deleted
    I don't think they'd do that unless they also gave a popular Alliance race to the Horde.
    How about Alterac Humans? Those fought with the Horde, and never said sorry afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    High elves are in the game already. They're a Horde race called Blood Elves. 90% of the high elves were killed in the Third War and of the remaining population 90% joined the Horde and called themselves Blood Elves. That doesn't leave very many high elves in the Alliance.
    How about put the complete information?

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven. Around 25,000 true high elves remain, most of whom cling to the Alliance trying to restore the glory of their once great people.

I have found no source with the numbers of internment camps.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    How about Alterac Humans? Those fought with the Horde, and never said sorry afterwards.

Not a bad idea. Undead Perenolde as a king. But it wouldnt make sense why they are more fleshy than their lordaeron neighbours.

I think you are contradicting yourself. First you want the debate to end but then you say that you dont want high elf subrace. Make your damn mind.

stop commenting if you dont know lore

You too should stop commenting.. Blizzard made clear, that besides blood elves there are still remnants of high elves, who refused ideology of blood elves.. You can see them in various alliance outposts (loch modan, hinterlands, pre cata eastern plaguelands, pre mists theramore), silver covenant, allerian stronghold..
    Who died and made you the god of commenting? Snowflake with hurt feels. LORE doesn't mean a damn thing to Blizzard anymore. It gets changed to fit whatever they want to do.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Not a bad idea. Undead Perenolde as a king. But it wouldnt make sense why they are more fleshy than their lordaeron neighbours.
    Well, they already exist in the game. Alterac humans formed the Syndicate (Orange masked Defias, basically) after their kingdom was destroyed. I haven't quested in that area since Cataclysm, so not sure if they're still a thing. Have they been killed off in the new Forsaken questlines?

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Except for the ones that didn't though, this is a bad argument. In game High elves are Alliance friendly (no duh right?) If alliance wants to be that type of elf, and not be the night elf, currently its tough luck. Requesting them is their attempt to get the in-game fantasy they want.
    The race is the same. Just because Mexicans move to America doesn't change that they are Mexicans.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Who died and made you the god of commenting? Snowflake with hurt feels. LORE doesn't mean a damn thing to Blizzard anymore. It gets changed to fit whatever they want to do.
    But you see ingame actual high elf npcs. How can you say that ''they exist now as Blood Elves'' when you see ingame separate faction, who is loyal to alliance, has blue eyes, different leader, different ideology. My feelings arent hurt, i am just shocked, that someone with basic warcraft knowledge is making ''points'', why certain race cant be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

The population argument went out the door the minute they brought in the Goblins, Worgen, Trolls, and Pandaren.

Wait, which faction gets pirate elf?