Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The lore of this game is dead.

They have written absolutely nothing new which is not absolute garbage. The only "original" (read: not present in Warcraft 1, 2 or 3 and not retconned over and over because they have no imagination) was MoP, and we got Pandas and Monks from that. I'm not even going to go there.

The fact that this game is not about PvP makes "Warcraft" inane. They are forced to make heroes of the Horde and of the Alliance into either raid bosses or neutral questgivers, because they cba to come up with new original and well written characters, and because creating content that fits everyone is faster than creating content that differs for either side.

Dalaran? Human city, two times hub. Neutral.
    Theramore? Major alliance city... Destroyed with a "cutscene" of a goblin dropping a bomb on it (why not do it to all the alliance cities then? Seriously, who the FUCK wrote this?)
    Vol'Jin? Eats an arrow, names Sylvanas warchief (Really? Lol...)
    Kil'jaeden and Archimonde just reused, tired. Hopefully they are really dead and this isn't a setback this time.
    Zul'jin? Boss in an instance easily forgotten.
    Thrall? Pointless Mary Sue. Had to pull him out of the Horde and sideline him because he was getting so tired too.
    Archbishop Benedictus? Lolcorrupted.
    Khadgar-Turalyon-Alleria = All neutral ('cause that makes sense and writing is sooooo hard)

There's no war in warcraft. Can't write that one faction wins because it pisses off the other. Can't make real changes to the world. Gotta keep the status quo.

WE HATE EACH OTHER BUT THE REAL ENEMIES ARE OUT THERE SO LET'S HOLD HANDS TEMPORARILY! BEWARE WE WILL GO BACK TO BEING MEAN TO EACH OTHER IN THE NEXT EXPANSION.

But in the one after that... There will be another foe that will force a "temporary" truce.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    They have written absolutely nothing new which is not absolute garbage.
    Just because you think it's garbage, doesn't mean that the lore is dead. That's on you.

Having most of the Sons of Lothar be neutral is such a horrible idea that I can't even describe how ridiculous it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    As long as mudmug lives, there is hope for this setting.

M-muh outdated years old lore that no longer makes much sense! It's all changed to suit the current lore! BASTARDS

Deleted
    Agreed on everything.

WE HATE EACH OTHER BUT THE REAL ENEMIES ARE OUT THERE SO LET'S HOLD HANDS TEMPORARILY! BEWARE WE WILL GO BACK TO BEING MEAN TO EACH OTHER IN THE NEXT EXPANSION.

But in the one after that... There will be another foe that will force a "temporary" truce.
    This is why i love Genn. He is on his quest for vengeance no matter what.

The Sons of Lothar were the greatest heroes of the Alliance.

World of Warcraft
    "Surprise, muddafookers! We're all neutral heroes!"

Alliance fans of the RTS
    *Facepalm*

P.S. An obligatory shout-out to the elves of Quel'Thalas being shoehorned into the Horde.

Theramore? Major alliance city... Destroyed with a "cutscene" of a goblin dropping a bomb on it (why not do it to all the alliance cities then? Seriously, who the FUCK wrote this?)
    Theramore was bombed using a mana bomb made from the focusing iris (a very powerful arcane amplifying device), so it can't exactly be mass produced. You can bet that if Garrosh had the power to bomb all alliance cities he would, but he chose theramore because its the most relevant threat to orgrimmar.

Lore changes. Sorry if you thought it wouldn't.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Dont personally think it`s dead, i`m just feeling that they should really (as far as the game goes) just do the n`zoth expansion next, and then bring on the void lords in the next one after that, if they start doing silly "filler" expansions i think it will just suck, this game is 15 years old, it feels like the time to wrap things up might be coming

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    Having most of the Sons of Lothar be neutral is such a horrible idea that I can't even describe how ridiculous it is.
    Like I said in WOD, I say it here again. Alliance wanted to be in the spotlight, I couldnt wait for alliance getting it. Seeing how Blizzard nowadays butchers the lore, I have no problem them ignoring Horde lore.

Can't say I feel sorry for the alliance. I only hope they keep ignoring us, and that the death of Vol'jin were their final drastic move.

lol dude you might wanna get it right if your gonna complain about lore, he got stabbed by a spear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've just learned not to take it too seriously anymore and just have fun with it despite the plot holes and errors. Except for most of WoD.

I think you need to go rewatch the cinematic. It wasn't an arrow that got him, it was a blade from a polearm I believe.

"I don't like the lore, therefore it's dead!"

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    P.S. An obligatory shout-out to the elves of Quel'Thalas being shoehorned into the Horde.
    Blood elves had already left the Alliance in the RTS games.

Deleted
    OP, the people in charge of the lore have said for years ''Rule of Cool'' dictates everything aka, they don't give a shit. But WoW in general has been yesterday's news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with part of it, but how was Kil'jaeden and Archimonde "reused"? For someone coming here to complain about lore, saying that seems pretty stupid.

One thing you didn't say that that they butchered is that apparently in 7.3 we discover the reason demons don't really die is because they're using the power of Argus which is completely stupid because they were already "not dying" before all this, before the crusade, before Argus, before everything.

Yes.

You obviously should fight each other when there's literally the biggest demon portal ever up.

THAT would be shitty writing. Fuck, Sylvanas and Genn are already bordering retarded written character.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Agree with part of it, but how was Kil'jaeden and Archimonde "reused"? For someone coming here to complain about lore, saying that seems pretty stupid.

One thing you didn't say that that they butchered is that apparently in 7.3 we discover the reason demons don't really die is because they're using the power of Argus which is completely stupid because they were already "not dying" before all this, before the crusade, before Argus, before everything.
    It's literally Turalyon assuming that Argus is helping speed up the process, not that he is the reason. Note the assuming (as in, he isn't sure himself) and him not saying that he is the sole reason they respawn.