10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Currently on a fun 8 loss streak(and 1 draw), I'm having some bad luck. From 2299 all the way down to 2020. Even had the joy of having a thrower who made his intentions very clear. Thankfully the enemy team was also willing to report him.
    Oh only 8? Lucky bastard. You lucky, lucky bastard. Try 15. Try barely winning back to back games for 2 weeks, but losing plenty back to back. 2460 down to 1900. A great many for having the audacity to DPS as Sombra or Widow and have others' throw for me. Even more switching off Tank, even to 76 or Pharah, and again, get accused of throwing and have others' throw for me. Yeah, "switch if you're being countered" absolutely only applies to Widowmaker and Sombra, literally no one else; especially not tanks or healers.

Hell, add into the mix 3-4 smurfs carrying their games. One I blocked and reported, both for griefing by playing on a low level account, and for sexual harassment; and he was still able to send me a friend request.

My win rate has dropped from 54% to 46%.

It's been shit. I should stop playing comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Level certainly does play a part of skill. When people have no respect towards a team game and how it works, IE just going off doing their own thing, the game basically becomes a 5v6. Take that further with 4 people under lv50 all doing their own thing with no team work and the refusal to swap heroes because they "don't know how to play anything else" yes level does play a HUGE part in that because with more levels you experience more heroes and more maps. They need to make the level higher, bottom line.
    Experience has a big part to play, I totally agree. A level 30 won't know the maps fully, won't know enough heroes in sufficient depth to swap up effectively, and probably doesn't even know all heroes' abilities and what to look out for in terms of having abilities blocked or interrupted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    They need to make the level higher, bottom line.
    For comp? Hell no, I already said 150 levels is way over top(i'm just lvl 77, and I got it back during the sale). And sense of teamwork will not improve with level, its a mindset. That aside, bronze exists for such low skilled players anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Oh only 8? Lucky bastard. You lucky, lucky bastard. Try 15. Try barely winning back to back games for 2 weeks, but losing plenty back to back. 2460 down to 1900. A great many for having the audacity to DPS as Sombra or Widow and have others' throw for me. Even more switching off Tank, even to 76 or Pharah, and again, get accused of throwing and have others' throw for me. Yeah, "switch if you're being countered" absolutely only applies to Widowmaker and Sombra, literally no one else; especially not tanks or healers.

Hell, add into the mix 3-4 smurfs carrying their games. One I blocked and reported, both for griefing by playing on a low level account, and for sexual harassment; and he was still able to send me a friend request.

My win rate has dropped from 54% to 46%.

It's been shit. I should stop playing comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Experience has a big part to play, I totally agree. A level 30 won't know the maps fully, won't know enough heroes in sufficient depth to swap up effectively, and probably doesn't even know all heroes' abilities and what to look out for in terms of having abilities blocked or interrupted.
    My winrate is already at 44%, low amount of games played really hits my winrate hard.

Not that QP is much better, with its 22% winrate on S76(which is far lower than my far worse tracer), but thats QP, so thats no big deal.

For comp? Hell no, I already said 150 levels is way over top(i'm just lvl 77, and I got it back during the sale). And sense of teamwork will not improve with level, its a mindset. That aside, bronze exists for such low skilled players anyway.
    Ya well it's happening throughout placements and that's part of the problem because players are getting shafted by these assholes constantly. They need to either have level brackets for Ranked or increase the level required to que into Ranked otherwise it just 100% ruins the experience for players when they get shafted by these lv30s who "only play bastion" or people who stand still as mercy to heal and get sniped in a split second because they aren't moving.

Level certainly does play a part of skill. When people have no respect towards a team game and how it works, IE just going off doing their own thing, the game basically becomes a 5v6. Take that further with 4 people under lv50 all doing their own thing with no team work and the refusal to swap heroes because they "don't know how to play anything else" yes level does play a HUGE part in that because with more levels you experience more heroes and more maps. They need to make the level higher, bottom line.
    I'm lvl 40, I've been up to almost diamond and I know the maps, I know teamplay. Me being level 40 doesn't make me worse than someone who is lvl 100. It's taken me like 5 months to get to 40. If I would have to wait a year before playing ranked I would just request a refund instead.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-22 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Ya well it's happening throughout placements and that's part of the problem because players are getting shafted by these assholes constantly. They need to either have level brackets for Ranked or increase the level required to que into Ranked otherwise it just 100% ruins the experience for players when they get shafted by these lv30s who "only play bastion" or people who stand still as mercy to heal and get sniped in a split second because they aren't moving.
    Placement is only 10 games, it won't take long before those players are gone from the pool you play in. Those type of players will suck no matter how much they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm lvl 40, I've been up to almost diamond and I know the maps, I know teamplay. Me being level 40 doesn't make me worse than someone who is lvl 100. It's taken me like 5 months to get to 40. If I would have to wait a year before playing ranked I would just request a refund instead.
    You can request all you want, Blizzard doesn't give refunds past 24 hours and they explicitly state this. So again don't really care, there's a problem with the matchmaking and it needs to be fixed, bottom line. As I already explained, level means quite a lot, but gratz for you thinking you know how to play correctly. I don't care about your opinion, honestly. I'm tired of low levels always ruining the game for me as are many other people on the official forums, so its obviously a widespread issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Placement is only 10 games, it won't take long before those players are gone from the pool you play in. Those type of players will suck no matter how much they play.
    I shouldn't be getting paired with them in the first place and a higher level cap would fix that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Even a Widow can be easeful at 4k rating if played well and with a team that can protect her. That's what we have been trying to say for quite a few pages now.
    Yeah that's why I said on most maps

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say, more than any other season, I've probably blocked the most players in this one.

Kinda makes me glad I never tried other multiplayer shooters or even other MOBAs.
    If the fuckers I get paired with are as toxic (and idiotic) as they are in this game, I
    can't even imagine what the ones in those games are like.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-07-22 at 07:48 AM.

You can request all you want, Blizzard doesn't give refunds past 24 hours and they explicitly state this. So again don't really care, there's a problem with the matchmaking and it needs to be fixed, bottom line. As I already explained, level means quite a lot, but gratz for you thinking you know how to play correctly. I don't care about your opinion, honestly. I'm tired of low levels always ruining the game for me as are many other people on the official forums, so its obviously a widespread issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldn't be getting paired with them in the first place and a higher level cap would fix that problem.
    So play in a premade or stop playing instead of wanting to ruin the game for others. You don't fix people being bad by implementing a higher level limit for ranked, level does not mean you're skilled. It just means you've been playing a lot. I've met people with silver, even gold portraits that can't play for shit. If they're bad and you're good then they won't be at the same SR either way.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-22 at 08:26 AM.

Flash news :
    - When a rein just can't drop his hammer.
    - thicc asian pounded by 2 bulked germans, featured as a potg.

I love Total Mayhem. :3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

So play in a premade or stop playing instead of wanting to ruin the game for others. You don't fix people being bad by implementing a higher level limit for ranked, level does not mean you're skilled. It just means you've been playing a lot. I've met people with silver, even gold portraits that can't play for shit. If they're bad and you're good then they won't be at the same SR either way.
    I've met those players too, but its far FAR more common with people under lv100. There's no reason people 100+ should have to gamble and be pigeonholed into playing with these people, under any circumstance. A higher lv to enter ranked fixes this problem, it also fixes the problem of smurfing. It's very tiring and very annoying being paired with people in ranked who only play 1 hero and/or don't work with the team. They have SEVERAL other game modes for people to level up to 100, boohoo you want a golden gun? EARN IT.

I am like 2420~ and for some reason I keep getting teams consisting of 3 gold 3 plat on my team and 6 play on the enemy team or their team being 4 plat 1 gold and 1 diamond, why is that? Is it just me that hates it? Needless to say I have a pretty bad lose streak (was 2450, fell to like 2370, climbed up a bit, fell down again, back at 2422 atm).
    I know it doesn't always equal skill either but ranks are some sort of indicators, why not have the teams balanced around it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I am like 2420~ and for some reason I keep getting teams consisting of 3 gold 3 plat on my team and 6 play on the enemy team or their team being 4 plat 1 gold and 1 diamond, why is that? Is it just me that hates it? Needless to say I have a pretty bad lose streak (was 2450, fell to like 2370, climbed up a bit, fell down again, back at 2422 atm).
    I know it doesn't always equal skill either but ranks are some sort of indicators, why not have the teams balanced around it
    Those rank icons are the highest rank they achieved this season, not their current rank. So if they got carried in placements they may have placed in Diamond and then plummeted back down to Gold where they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've met those players too, but its far FAR more common with people under lv100. There's no reason people 100+ should have to gamble and be pigeonholed into playing with these people, under any circumstance. A higher lv to enter ranked fixes this problem, it also fixes the problem of smurfing. It's very tiring and very annoying being paired with people in ranked who only play 1 hero and/or don't work with the team. They have SEVERAL other game modes for people to level up to 100, boohoo you want a golden gun? EARN IT.
    You gain basically nothing by excluding them from Competitive. The ranking system will already account for any poor play they have because they don't know the maps/lack familiarity with the heroes. The level 25 restriction was just to keep people from jumping in there on literally their first game; it's MEANT to be low, and the ranking system is meant to handle everything else.

Deleted
    I never even join Voice Chat. CBA listening to someone's dog barking in the background while their baby is crying and they are eating & drinking at the same time, using Voice Activation of course.

I'm actually legit curious on how you're almost diamond, but not past level 100 yet? 5 months to get to 40 doesn't sound that right. I was at like, ~300 when the Anniversary came around, and I haven't been playing that much lately.

Not saying "there's no way you're that good", just I don't think I've seen a single player near plat/diamond that's only level 40, due to the time investment usually and how much exp ranked gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm actually legit curious on how you're almost diamond, but not past level 100 yet? 5 months to get to 40 doesn't sound that right. I was at like, ~300 when the Anniversary came around, and I haven't been playing that much lately.

Not saying "there's no way you're that good", just I don't think I've seen a single player near plat/diamond that's only level 40, due to the time investment usually and how much exp ranked gives.
    I'm not playing a lot, I've got a total of 30 hours played or so. 8 hours this season, 8 hours last season, the rest in quickplay. I used to just play like 1 or 2 games per day, if even that, until I got to lvl 25 as I hated quickplay.

I was at 2131 after placements last season, was gaining like 100 rating per game won at the start and made it up to like 2870 SR as my peak. Right now I'm hovering around 2500-2600.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-22 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Not sure how accurate it is, but some people also stated many pages ago, that SR is also partially factored by what character you are playing. Therefore, thru the season, if you pick a low picked hero that has not been doing well, and you play well with them, you gain more for a win.
    Personal play, such as a game where you pick Pharah and get almost entirely ignored while landing most of your shots and, even if not getting kills, you will also earn more than someone who picks Reaper and gets a few picks while dying a few times himself, regardless if Reaper helps your game more or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Through gritted teeth>

Games are going fiiiiiiinnnneeeeee! Not a single bad game all day.....
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance