View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    At first yeah, but now I really enjoying solo farming or sometimes with a friend old gear for Xmog.

At the moment I got a lot of customized xmog sets.

I'm up to date with current content so I spend my time now farming xmog gear while I wait for my raid core at night.
    Same. Right now I'm actually keeping an eye on the BMAH for Hunter tier 3. Got the Gloves, Belt and Head.

As for Shaman I'm using it's current tier because I like Tier 6 a lot so why not use the more HD version basically?

On my DH plain and simple invasion Leather set.

Mage I'm using the Pandaria green cloth gear that you get from Jade Forest-Valley of the Four Winds. Not the Windwool set but the other one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-22 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Same. Right now I'm actually keeping an eye on the BMAH for Hunter tier 3. Got the Gloves, Belt and Head.
    If the game was well designed you would want to farm Legion items not items of Vanilla from 10 years ago.

But oh well...at least some people understand me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Doesn't solve the problem releasing better looking gear because...people will farm said "cool looking gear" once the expansion ends and when you can almost solo the raid.

Another problem with transmog.
    "I can't get the transmog i want? Oh well, i'll just wait one expansion to get it XDDD"
    People can play their game as they want.

I love transmog. I spent weeks and sometimes months getting old tier sets so I should be able to equip them if I so choose. That's a "quest" too.

Just because transmog doesn't fit your "praize meeeee" wet dream doesn't make it wrong. And for your "friend" who doesn't transmog, they don't exist. It's just you, because you have this weird hard on to not having transmog and pretending people care about you. Glad you don't make decisions in this game.

I can't agree with anything the OP says.

Getting new items will always be good. You still look forward for the set bonus, the better gear AND even the looks you won't wear, since you are now collecting ALL their appearances and have a CHOICE of what to wear. You are not stuck looking like a clown for months, you can choose to wear the current tier once you complete it, or you may leave that appearance unused in your collection and one day decide to use it. Also, if your current tier looks like shit, you are not forced to look like shit. I hate most of the tier gear, they are usually too cumbersome with gigantic shoulders and fiery effects, I like to wear more realistic or iconic looks.

The only reason I could see people being upset by transmog is because they'd like gear to be like medals that show your accomplishments. Well, wear your medals proudly, but don't force people to wear them. Stop being upset because other people are having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy3055 View Post
    I love transmog. I spent weeks and sometimes months getting old tier sets so I should be able to equip them if I so choose. That's a "quest" too.

Just because transmog doesn't fit your "praize meeeee" wet dream doesn't make it wrong. And for your "friend" who doesn't transmog, they don't exist. It's just you, because you have this weird hard on to not having transmog and pretending people care about you. Glad you don't make decisions in this game.
    Funny because OP's poll while biased ironically shows the people who believe Transmog ruined the game in the minority here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy3055 View Post
    And for your "friend" who doesn't transmog, they don't exist. It's just you, because you have this weird hard on to not having transmog and pretending people care about you. Glad you don't make decisions in this game.
    I swear by my life i have a friend who refuses to transmog. It's not me xD
    I love "looks". I can't resist and i have to transmog.

Funny because OP's poll while biased ironically shows the people who believe Transmog ruined the game in the minority here.
    My objective is to let people know the problem. I never expected to "win" the poll

This is starting to feel like spam...

Sorry, your insipid crusade against one of the game's most popular features is nothing short of a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is starting to feel like spam...

Sorry, your insipid crusade against one of the game's most popular features is nothing short of a waste of time.
    Ironic because I just clicked to view one of their posts and.....

I love "looks". I can't resist and i have to transmog.
    So OP says the feature ruined the game yet OP uses this feature? Uhm ok then.

It's a combination of transmog, multiple versions of the same item and how common epics are that make people feel apathetic towards the whole gearing process. No one system is a fault, it's a combination of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It's a combination of transmog, multiple versions of the same item and how common epics are that make people feel apathetic towards the whole gearing process. No one system is a fault, it's a combination of many.
    And Transmog has 0 fault.

It's a quality of life change. If you are so greatly affected by it then that is on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any MMO that doesn't have a transmog style system at this point is extremely backwards and outdated. Let people look the way they want to look with the gear they EARNED.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2017-07-22 at 01:55 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

its optional
    and many people like it

LFR and transmog are two worst things ever added to game.

Deleted
    So OP says the feature ruined the game yet OP uses this feature? Uhm ok then.
    Like i said, "i don't support the removal of transmog"
    I support new ways to improve excitement about *new items*
    I look into the future, not the past

And Transmog has 0 fault.

It's a quality of life change. If you are so greatly affected by it then that is on you.
    At this point you are just playing dumb Eleccybubb.
    I know you understand the problem.
    I know you are smart.
    You are just playing dumb on me xD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-22 at 01:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eeeh...

"The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages
    Transmog Ruined a small part of the game"

What exactly are the disadvantages, and what parts were ruined? You wanna show off that you have the latest tier? Then go ahead and do so, if you have Mythic Tier, chances are high that most others around you don't (Unless you surround yourself with them), so you can still stand out.

If anything, if Blizzard put up a tier set that DIDN'T look good in many people's opinion, this means that instead of going "Nice, I got this armour piece with great stats - shame I'm going to look uglier than that guy who had his face smashed in with a shovel.", you can go "Nice, I got this armour piece with great stats - just need to transmog and all's good!"

And what's the problem if 'everyone' looks cool? They had to go get the armour set and now they can use their favorite set that they love. If you want to stand out: get something that's NOT something everyone wears.

Deleted
    Ugh, plz, try to understand

The disadvantages are:
    • You already feel acomplished in the beginning of the expansion if you already have a transmog you like
    • You don't feel excited with tier sets of the CURRENT expansion
    • If everyone already feels acomplished in looks...where is the quest? The quest to look cool?
    How about, You give all option to people, so they can vote?!
    YOU claiming that there is disadvantages, so people cant vote that there isnt, makes you a communist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Eeeh...

"The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages
    Transmog Ruined a small part of the game"

What exactly are the disadvantages, and what parts were ruined?
    I was going to repost but the person above me already quoted the disadvantages

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    How about, You give all option to people, so they can vote?!
    YOU claiming that there is disadvantages, so people cant vote that there isnt, makes you a communist.
    But...there are disadvantages, you just quoted them

I was going to repost but the person above me already quoted the disadvantages

But...there are disadvantages :O
    They're your negative opinions, which you're entitled to have...but they're just your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Transmog has enhanced the excitement of new items for me, because I can keep all of them forever (even if I don't quite like their looks, it's a collectible).

Before transmog, there were times that new items would ruin my life with awful looking looks. There's nothing worse than being stuck looking like a clown just because the item is way better. It just wrecks the enjoyment of your character.
    this this this. there are no disadvantages to transmog that I can see. it actualy improves my excitement for new items, becasue I'm either getting a nice new appearance, or I know that I don't have to chose between wearing an upgrade and looking great. the excitement of getting a new tier piece is NOT merely in what it looks like ffs. its in how it improves your performance.