Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    SNIP...

Housing here is definitely cheaper than California.
    We left California a couple years ago. Probably one of the best decisions we ever made.

I'm sure they'll be missed /eye roll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Austin is a very left leaning town. Lot's of tech too.
    The larger a city becomes, the more to the left it's population moves.
    It's a natural process, since it's far removed from rural/backwoods/redneck ideologies.
    And it's the very reason why gerrymandering exists. To sway the pendulum into a direction that barely exists anymore.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Ah yes, Texas. Land of true independence, as long as that sweet fed natural disaster money keeps rolling in every time more than an inch or so of rain hits the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can try and stop it, but you can't stop liberalization without stopping the economic boom.

Not to mention housing prices are booming and are becoming a problem. We still have mandatory vaccinations if you want to go to school.

Well, that's good for everyone.
    I mean except the children of those antivaxxers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all conservatives should move to Texas and build a wall around it. Arm themselves with every gun under the sun. They deserve their utopia.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Honestly, both states are fine to live in. Many would argue that Texas is less restrictive, but that's not really the case in many instances. They just like to restrict different things than California. They are definitely pushing to limit abortions and gay rights, so liberals liberals will feel ostracized within the state. I like Austin, but Dallas was very unimpressive. Besides, most of California is a lot like Texas, so if the people really wanted, they could find their "freedom" in the rural areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    But you see, its fine cause its a conservative snowflake standing up against liburals.
    conservatives were the original snowflakes. I'm not sure whats more retarded though - getting all uppity over muh faggots in muh school , or getting all uppity because muh white male patriarchy!!11

both ridiculous, both insanely self centred, both sides focused on oppression]

fuck the extreme of both ends

Texas is the same as every other state. The cities are blue and rural is red just like in California. It's just some states are more rural so the red areas have more power. Most of California is red but most of the population is blue.

It is kinda of striking how the more blue an area becomes the more the poor and middle class get left behind when liberals are supposed to look out for the poor. Just look at the homeless issues in LA and San Fran.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-07-22 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Snowflakes moving to their safe spaces LOL
    More like trying to leave the state wide safe space that is California.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Snowflakes moving to their safe spaces LOL
    Not even close man. Its more like the snowflakes are kicking out those who are endangering their safe spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    More like trying to leave the state wide safe space that is California.
    To the state wide safe space of Texas. If the irony bugs you it's okay but let's not pretend it isn't a thing
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Its also amazing to me that some of the most prosperous places in this country are democrat leaning areas. California as an example has a bigger economy then most other countries in the world on its own. Some liberal success shining through?
    It's basic mathematics. California has 40 million people, more than most rich countries, so no shit. What's interesting is how the state managed to get so much poverty (people in texas can afford much more, in all regards) while being democrat with lots of resources.

P.s. countries with highest GDP per capita by far are comprised of extreme islam.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-07-22 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Not even close man. Its more like the snowflakes are kicking out those who are endangering their safe spaces.
    Hmmm, I don't see anywhere in the OP where it says they are being kicked out. Maybe I am missing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    It's basic mathematics. California has 40 million people, more than most rich countries, so no shit. What's interesting is how the state managed to get so much poverty while being democrat with lots of resources.

P.s. countries with highest GDP per capita by far are comprised of extreme islam.
    Let see.......India.......1,326,572,000 people.......
    California.........39,250,017 people.......

Nope. Not quite the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I guess moving out willingly is the new kicking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Accounting for the difference in the population size, I would guess that India would have more poor though, plus they have the whole "untouchable" caste which are living in horrid conditions
    True. But a blanket statement about it just being by population size doesn't really cut it either. India is ranked under California for total GDP.

Leaving a tech/green energy-industry centered state to an oil industry (with some tech bubbles in the big cities) centered state more likely to see the extremes of climate change from hurricanes and flooding? AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THE HOUSES IN TEXAS ARE CHEAPER??? I wonder why that could be................
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

I also move every time someone has a different opinion than me. Especially if my child starts to think differently than me! That's a big no no!

I feel like we need a new doomsday clock.

The new one counts down to the separation of the Union.