Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

What happened to music?

its all shit now..well its been shit for 20 years or so now. but seriously, what happened to the music?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    maybe i'm old now...but for fuck sakes, the music sucks ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    music is subjective.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Beethoven Grieg etc died. You didn't know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    maybe i'm old now...but for fuck sakes, the music sucks ass.
    In your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    well what's your source to check out music ?

There always was a ton of shit music, you just remember the good bits. I feel sorry for you if you can't find anything or don't bother looking for something you enjoy that's made these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    There always was a ton of shit music, you just remember the good bits. I feel sorry for you if you can't find anything or don't bother looking for something you enjoy that's made these days.

there is tidbits of good music now...but if you ever grew up in the 80's..everything is shit though.

What music? Why are you listening to bad music?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

As if people such as yourself weren't around to ALWAYS say "the music is shit now, what happened??".

Newsflash; Music tastes ain't objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    As if people such as yourself weren't around to ALWAYS say "the music is shit now, what happened??".

Newsflash; Music tastes ain't objective.
    so are you happy with the shit out there right now?

I was never happy with ALL the music "out there". I'd be a moron to pretend that I've not found songs I like since the 80's though... Actually, a loooot of the songs I still can't stand, came from the 80's and 90's mainstream.

Maybe you could try not only listening to popular radio stations playing the most commercial crap? That used to be a good tactic at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the hair metal days

its all shit now..well its been shit for 20 years or so now. but seriously, what happened to the music?
    You got old. welcome to the last 1000 years of music.

old people always hate new music because music used to hold a real power over their emotions when they were going through puberty and old people will do anything to get back feelings of being young.

its ok its happened with the switch of big bands to doo wop to rock to alternative to pop to rap to whatever it is called now.....

10+ Year Old Account
    grunge rock really ruined everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    again, your opinion.
    the music isnt bad just because you dont like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I miss the hair metal days
    then go and listen to metal bands.

Formerly known as Arafal

Everyone with a PC can be a music producer now, that's the problem.

Although good music still very much exists, its just not as mainstream as before.

grunge rock really ruined everything.
    Grunge rock ruined everything
    80's Pop ruined everything
    Hair Metal ruined everything
    Disco ruined everything
    Rock n' Roll Ruined everything
    Jazz ruined everything
    Etc.

As long as music as existed....there have been people like you complaining about how it all sucks "now".

You've become the modern day equivalent of the late 80's/early 90's dad that said "I call it cRap Music"
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-07-22 at 10:43 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's still quite a bit of good new music out there. For starters, just don't listen to Disney Radio or any of the ten million autotuned-vocals-set-to-EDM (electronic dance music) songs released each day.

there is tidbits of good music now...but if you ever grew up in the 80's..everything is shit though.
    You know there 100.000s of artists around the world and thanks to the internet you will find endless music of all kind of genres and all kinds of quality.
    Dont be lazy, if you could spend hours in LP/CD shops finding new music around the 80s you can click abit on the internet and find something for your taste.