Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Teaching children about religions in school, especially with any special focus on one specific religion, is indoctrination, Christianity has been completely removed from schools, teachers rarely mention its existence, teaching about Islamic morals and principals in school violates separation of church and state, any school that does it should be shut down and funding pulled the same way it would be if they did it for Christianity.
    This is all nonsense.

No, teaching kids about religion is not "indoctrination".
    No, it doesn't violate separation of church and state.

This is just islamophobic ranting.

I like being informed.
    Judging by your posts, no you don't.

You like being afraid and willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is all nonsense.

No, teaching kids about religion is not "indoctrination".
    No, it doesn't violate separation of church and state.

This is just islamophobic ranting.
    K i fully expect them to spend just as many minutes of education on all religions, 1 second less and be subject to discrimination lawsuits.
    Either that or keep it out of public schools completely and not worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    K i fully expect them to spend just as many minutes of education on all religions, 1 second less and be subject to discrimination lawsuits.
    Either that or keep it out of public schools completely and not worry about it.
    Is there a reason you're play-acting a ridiculous persona?

Comparative religion or world religion courses are pretty common in public schools, and weren't even what you were originally complaining about. They don't preach any given faith, they consider religion from an anthropological/sociological point of view.

Is there a reason you're play-acting a ridiculous persona?
    I don't act.
    And I fail to see how its ridiculous.
    "Preventing Islamophobia" will probably mean teaching only the good aspects of Islam to the children, they have no mentions of Christianity so they probably will not teach any aspects of it at all, nor other religions.

in·doc·tri·na·tion
    "NOUN
    the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritical"

Unless they also teach the children negative aspects and be critical of them, to the students, and promote criticism of Islam by the students in class, it is indoctrination, however it is very likely they will prevent criticism as a way of preventing offending things to be said about the religion especially in the presence of Islamic/Muslim peers, also I'm sure Muslim parents would not want their religion being criticized in public in front of their entire class by teacher or other students.

They are creating a unconstitutional mess.

Edit: Also I'm specifically talking about San Diego school district, which is pushing this particular illegal act.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2017-07-23 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Cleaned up a little

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I realised what the problem was when I read that she home schooled her kids. That shouldn't fly in any civilised country anymore.
    Not sure about the US, but here, the official version of curriculum can easily be interpreted as indoctrinating kids to be docile pro EU sheep without their own opinion or ability to critically think (and definitely is being fed to kids this way).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't act.
    And I fail to see how its ridiculous.
    "Preventing Islamophobia" will probably mean teaching only the good aspects of Islam to the children, they have no mentions of Christianity so they probably will not teach any aspects of it at all, nor other religions.
    Word in bold means you don't have any clue what the program actually entails, and are just knee-jerking out of irrational fear.

On checking, it's just one school district, and you're pretty much incorrect on just about every conceivable level;

https://www.sandiegounified.org/addr...uslim-students

Word in bold means you don't have any clue what the program actually entails, and are just knee-jerking out of irrational fear.

On checking, it's just one school district, and you're pretty much incorrect on just about every conceivable level;

https://www.sandiegounified.org/addr...uslim-students
    "San Diego Unified does not promote nor teach any religion. San Diego Unified follows California state curriculum provided in the 2016 State of California History-Social Science Framework, which includes discussion of world religions in the context of world history. We welcome all students from all faiths within our school community. "

Sadly much of islam in world history is negative, will they accurately portray the negativity or block it out and only teach the best possible examples of the religion to the students giving them a false image of a very complex religion and history in general?
    Like I said, in more pictured fashion, they are sprinting down the line of being legal and illegal, stepping off the line is very easy.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2017-07-23 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added quotation marks

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly much of islam in world history is negative, will they accurately portray the negativity or block it out and only teach the best possible examples of the religion to the students giving them a false image of a very complex religion and history in general?
    Like I said, in more pictured fashion, they are sprinting down the line of being legal and illegal, stepping off the line is very easy.
    No, you're just being outright islamophobic at this point. Islam isn't any more or less "negative" than any other religion.

We're derailing the thread at this point, and I'll remind you that religion-bashing isn't tolerated here anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I would vaccinate my kids, I wouldn't like the governor of a state forcing me to vaccinate them with everything on the planet, especially vaccines that hadn't been around for a long time. Do you remember what happened to the first kids that were given the Polio vaccine? With regard to autism, its unproven both ways. Ethylmercury is not very well studied and most of the counter arguments to thiomersal being toxic used methylmercury. Id assume youd want to abolish the Vaccine court that has ruled in favor of big settlements for victims of bad vaccines.
    ...it's not "unproven both ways." Vaccines don't cause Autism, period. They've done hundreds of studies, on hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of children. There isn't a link. No one can find a link without doctoring the data.

And people who don't understand that the dose determines the poison make me want to scream. This is basic high school chemistry, but apparently some of you skipped the entire semester.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I would vaccinate my kids, I wouldn't like the governor of a state forcing me to vaccinate them with everything on the planet, especially vaccines that hadn't been around for a long time. Do you remember what happened to the first kids that were given the Polio vaccine? With regard to autism, its unproven both ways. Ethylmercury is not very well studied and most of the counter arguments to thiomersal being toxic used methylmercury. Id assume youd want to abolish the Vaccine court that has ruled in favor of big settlements for victims of bad vaccines.
    With regards to autism no it is not. It is highly proven that there is no link to autism and vaccines. 10 studies 1.2million children actually found that the main culprit the MMR vaccine may actually reduce autism risk rates. And that was just one recent "meta-study". There are little tons of studies directly contradicting and disproving the notion that vaccines are linked to autism or in any way cause them. Not a single person has been able to replicate the one crackpot moron that had a history of lieing/manipulating results that started this whole idiot craze. You literally could not be more wrong on this front. And you would be doing the world a favor to not perpetuate this lie by claiming "it's not proven either way".

And I was actually just recently discussing the Polio vaccine with my grandma. Do you remember what it was like to actually get Polio? And are we talking about the Cutter incident? An issue where a single manufacture was irresponsible and not a critique or failure of the processes developed that are perfectly safe when executed properly? Guess what happened after? We enacted federal regulation on vaccines that now have placed vaccines as one of the most effective and safe treatments in existence. But gubberment always bad and can't do nuffin.

Ethylmercury is highly studied. Not sure where you're getting that absolute bullshit. Same with thiomersal. No ill effects were ever found in this very intensely studied preservative only used in multi-dose vaccines and it was only removed because removing it was easier than explaining to a bunch of paranoid fools swayed by idiotic groupthink that their 6th grade science class told them mercury was bad.

You ever watch Penn and Teller's bullshit? My favorite bit was the bit where they demonstrated that even if all the paranoid delusions of the anti-vaccine crowd were right you were still an absolute idiot statistically speaking to not vaccinate. So basically my memory was almost correct. You're not quite anti-vaccine but you're not against selectively buying into some of their bullshit you find palatable.

I'm fine with people being able to address their legitimate grievances in the events of bad vaccines. But the whole idea of the existence of "bad vaccines" is blown wildly out of proportion. I'm lazy tonight so I'll go with the cdc for now but the overwhelming majority of symptoms attributed are mild and in no way even come close to outweighing the positive effect of the vaccine and the majority of serious ones aren't actually attributed to vaccines at all. You might as well piss your pants any time your child comes near a bottle of Tylenol if you're seriously worried about serious side effects as a result of vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...ers/index.html
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-07-23 at 07:38 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Well even in Texas, they likely will have to move to town or country. Cities are pretty left leaning.

Did they try putting tinfoil on? I hear it stops liberal brain waves..

10+ Year Old Account
    If all conservatives leave California, then the left will just eat one another. Seen it happen on social media all the time
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If all conservatives leave California, then the left will just eat one another. Seen it happen on social media all the time
    Yes because the good, humble conservatives of central California are the only thing keeping California afloat, right?

I mean despite the fact that central California is the least educated and poorest part of California... But at least it isn't full of annoying SJWs, right? That merit is truly how you assess a location's prosperity.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So you see it on social media and... assume that it translates to day to day life?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean despite the fact that central California is the least educated and poorest part of California... But at least it isn't full of annoying SJWs, right? That merit is truly how you assess a location's prosperity.
    Even in the middle of a public university, which are supposed to be "SJW strongholds," if you act like a normal fucking person then everyone treats you normally.

I'm convinced that the people complaining most about SJW's are people who go out of their way to be assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Well, I have no experience of Texas beyond driving through it back in the 90s.

But when I moved to San Diego, I ended up returning to WA within 6 months. it was just too much of a poorly-managed dump compared to WA state.

Expensive, dirty, couldn't drink the tap water, didn't feel very safe at times. The use of so much water to turn the desert green seemed like an over-indulgent waste. Nasty drivers, bad traffic (in LA at least).

Not political, but I ran from CA. Now, if I was making high six figures (500k or more) and could afford to live in the luxurious parts of SoCal and live that lifestyle, I'm sure I'd love CA. But being upper middle class (about 100k), I just felt like WA was the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Keep telling yourself that

- - - Updated - - -

Turn off the tv.
    I wouldn't say turn off the TV to him, unless he got his info from Fox, but with his bullshit rhetoric, it is closer to Infowars and Breitbart.

- - - Updated - - -

I like being informed.

Edit: no, that Islamophobia prevention goes way over the top and blatantly ignores separation of church and state.
    Christians trying to do the same form of education on Christianity in public schools would be relentlessly attacked by the left and probably struck down by a court very quickly.
    But you aren't informed. You pulled a lot of bullshit from your ass or conspiracy sites, that is it.

The grass is always greener.

At the end of the day, it's likely not about the political leaning, but the economy. I would imagine that if they had the means they'd be happy where they were. For a lot of folks, California is just too expensive a place to live. Unfortunately, some jobs require access to a city due to population density. In cases like that, they'll find the same problems (high cost, high crime, poor public education) no matter where they go.

Good. Take your lot to Texas, secede from the US, try your backwards ass policies, and when it all collapses, cry and cry, and the rest of us get to laugh and relish that you learned the hard way we were right.

Deleted
    I love how one of the women in the article speaks of saving her youngest as if the others have come down from the plague.