View Poll Results: Did Transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Voters
592. This poll is closed
  • The Advantages of Transmog Outweigh the disadvantages

482 81.42%
  • Transmog Ruined a small part of the game

110 18.58%
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    With professional people with degrees in design and game gesign...
    Ok thanks for totally missing my point.

You can have amazing artists and 3d modelers but if it's not something I personally like then I'll still think it looks like shit. I could also think something looks great and have Joe Blogs over here saying it's a piece of crap.

Simple concept.

No, WF/TF/random sockets did.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nobody in the world chose looking cool over higher/better stats. Those complaints are figments of your imagination.
    Anyone choosing looks over the better stats shouldn't be raiding. Period. Or be allowed in any form of content that involves mechanics.

You want to purposely gimp your characters stats to look cool? Then stay out of my raid group. Not my job to carry someone who is purposely making themselves weaker.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-23 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not "anti-transmog"
    I'm "pro-new shinny stuff" like MoP CM sets that make people gizz their pants in nerdgasm.

What i'm trying to say is that i dont want transmog gone, i just think there could be a system to make people more excited about new items because transmog is killing that excitement.

And the situation is even worse since when the expansion ends you can easily farm all the gear of the previous expansion...making the action of pursuing the gear while the content is current...meaningless.
    Nope, the situation is worse because new tiers are lazy shit designed. I started using the DK HFC MM tier because it was the best i could find after years using the ICC 10 one. If they REALLY make a good tier people gonna use it.
    Other example: I always used t6 on pala because i find it the best tier, but right now i am using a mix of t20 (t6)MM and t19MM Because textures are FAR better and designs are good.
    Problem is: what i find the best tier ever, other people find it the worse ever; that's why xmog is NECESARY for this (or any) game, it's just a win/win situation (unless they keep on doing shit tiers due to mog existing).
    The problem is "why should i break my back and dedicate hours of gameplay and my life into the current expansion...if i can get the same items for free when the expansion ends"
    That question can only be answered by you. I "break" my back in current xpac because i enjoy the cutting edge progression, barbie online is just a side thing you get from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Anyone choosing looks over the better stats shouldn't be raiding. Period. Or be allowed in any form of content that involves mechanics.
    What? Why?

I always played expansions like that. I would farm the complete tier and off sets to look as cool as possible.
    If for some reason i got a better piece of gear than my "fully matched gear" i would only equip it in raid nights, inside the raid.

Can't see where is the problem

Deleted
    If for some reason i got a better piece of gear than my "fully matched gear" i would only equip it in raid nights, inside the raid.
    And now Blizzard has allowed you to have your cake and eat it too as you can keep your fully matched gear on always...

So remind me, how has transmog ruined the excitement of new items?

Deleted
    Not at all. I still enjoy getting new looks and styles.

Also: You know the concept of novelty, right? People get bored about looking the same every day at some poiint, and then automatically change their transmog. So, no, your argument is of no value.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-07-23 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Not at all. I still enjoy getting new looks and styles.
    This. And I like using old ones as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And now Blizzard has allowed you to have your cake and eat it too as you can keep your fully matched gear on always...

So remind me, how has transmog ruined the excitement of new items?
    I would do this EVERY tier release because there was no transmog and i didnt want to look like a clown, you could always show off your achievements by wearing your complete tier sets in a prestigious kind of way while at the same time feel good about yourself.

This is a very basic form of incentive that i know you are going to say something bad about it...but is just plain and simple human nature to want to be prestigious.
    Its the most simple form of incente SPECIALLY to new players

I would do this EVERY tier release because there was no transmog and i didnt want to look like a clown, you could always show off your achievements by wearing your complete tier sets in a prestigious kind of way while at the same time feel good about yourself.

This is a very basic form of incentive that i know you are going to say something bad about it...but is just plain and simple human nature to want to be prestigious.
    Too bad having tier set stopped being prestigious somewhere around the beginning of WOTLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Too bad having tier set stopped being prestigious somewhere around the beginning of WOTLK.
    No, it stopped when transmog was implemented.

Deleted

Here's method with their world first kil'jaeden mythic kill. How many people are wearing current tier pieces? Do they think that's where their prestige comes from?

I'm not saying that you can't get your idea of prestige via gear appearences, but it's pretty selfish to impose that on to other people.

7+ Year Old Account
    "do you think Transmog ruined the excitement of completing a Tier set of the current expansion?"
    The only "excitement" for a tier cames from set bonus/stats that is not related to aesthetics.

The actual tier set for my class is a "redesign" of Tier 6. So why I must be excite for something that I already have?

Also, mostly tiers are pretty horrible... so why I must be excited for something that I dont like it?

So, basically "trasmog" help me to cover the lazy works of the art team or a style that dont please me, and belive me, its quite hard to find something not so terrible to cover somethig more ugly.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    the disadvantages of not looking like a clown, what a biased poll as usual
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No, it stopped when transmog was implemented.
    We might have different perception of what prestigious means then. For me, prestigious is something not every Joe Shmoe has. Tier sets stopped being prestigious for me when they started giving them (or lookalikes) away as welfare epics for badges, which iirc came with WOTLK, along with raiding suddenly becoming much more casual activity.

Besides, before xmog was a thing, I never really cared about how my character looked. It was always wear whatever it is that gives me the biggest stat boost. If anything, xmog gives me even more opportunities to be excited over loot.
    Not only I'm excited when an upgrade drops, but I'm equally as excited when the piece I need to finish my latest xmog drops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    We might have different perception of what prestigious means then. For me, prestigious is something not every Joe Shmoe has. Tier sets stopped being prestigious for me when they started giving them (or lookalikes) away as welfare epics for badges, which iirc came with WOTLK, along with raiding suddenly becoming much more casual activity.

Besides, before xmog was a thing, I never really cared about how my character looked. It was always wear whatever it is that gives me the biggest stat boost. If anything, xmog gives me even more opportunities to be excited over loot.
    Not only I'm excited when an upgrade drops, but I'm equally as excited when the piece I need to finish my latest xmog drops
    The funny thing is that WotlK was my first serious raiding experience and it was the time when i felt the most prestigious by having a complete tier set, in my case always the set of the 25-man version.
    And my server was quite dead so the ammount of people with my exact same gear was minimal.
    Made what i was wearing feel rare and special...made me feel special

I know, i know, snowflake, but PRESTIGE is a basic form of incentive, seen in every single other competetive game (raiding scene was competetive and prestigious back then)

That form of prestige AKA incentive is dead to transmog.

And this basic form of prestige is very effective specially on new players.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-23 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    And this basic form of prestige is very effective specially on new players.
    What do you think new players would prefer:

"Enjoy this cool armour set while it lasts for a limited time then it's back to being in a clown costume until you have another full matching set which you may or may not like"

or

"Enjoy this cool armour set for as long as you feel like using it"?

Given the endless amount of games that have allowed players to be in control of their appearences, why would a new player to WoW want to go backwards and be locked into whatever they get thrown at them?

What if the new player sees a set he missed out on and didn't have the option to have that appearance? Ooh how effective that is to retain new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I am not talking about T-Sets. Most of them are solid to very good. I am talking about players fighting in dresses and joke outfits. Ruining every immersion I'd want to have in an RPG.
    Your first mistake here is thinking WoW is an RPG.
    Your second is seeking immersion in a game where other players run, jump and bunnyhop all over the place on exotic over the top mounts when they're bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

You want to purposely gimp your characters stats to look cool? Then stay out of my raid group. Not my job to carry someone who is purposely making themselves weaker.
    See OP? Transmog gives us the ability to both have stats AND look cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    or

"Enjoy this cool armour set for as long as you feel like using it"?
    But...that could be FOREVER...bringing the question of the name of the thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    But you were always part of the "I look cool Club" instead of the "I look like a CLown Club"

It was always nice.
    You always looked like a clown until you completed the "I look cool club" set, anyways.

I think the "disadvantages" transmog brings are an illusion.
    Gear has been less and less "surprising" with new expansions.
    People place too much value on nostalgia.
    So the "cool" is always the "old".
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?