Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Nice try. You really think it will be different? A MMO is a MMO. You will get roughly the same kind of content, but which a different setting.
    Blizzard change their goals massively every expansion. It will be different.

People complain about something in an expansion with the indication that there ever was or ever will be a perfect expansion. Every expansion had its flaws, some more than others.

Even your precious Burning Crusade (badge vendors) and WoTLK (piss easy AOE fest heroics & TOGC) had its flaws.

Legion is fine. It has some mistakes but it's miles better than WoD and easily one of the best expansions they've released to date

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are missing the point here. WoD was a piss poor expansion with barely any content after Launch. One new zone with endless grinding of a resource that nobody used for anything really. Blizz tried to justify WoD's content multiple times. 6.1 was the most awful goddamn patch I've even seen for a game even as well. Selfie camera and twitter integration. Not one meaningful in game update for a patch. And they gated flying for a full 18 months for no other reason than "muh immersion."

Legion is leagues better than WoD. Not "It's a polished turd but it's still a turd." It's not a turd. It's a good expansion. It has content. It has missteps but even with those missteps the content is still there and it is meaningful. I would rate Legion as good as an expansion as the other ones.

WoD could have been great if they actually continued to support it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    This is a nice shit post 11/10

- - - Updated - - -

[Citation Needed] otherwise you are just bullshitting.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, WOD DIDNT HAD NOTHING.

Oh the irony
    Legion has only RNG and grind.

Deleted
    Cata felt too overwhelming (there is this God-unkillable-mountain size-dragon! Kill him!), it was where WoW became something else. MoP don't fit WoW genre in anyway, but it was good anyway. To say it right... quality of content in Warlords was very good in my opinion(except Garrison)(how much of content there was is different matter). And Legion now is very good (except legos).

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Makes perfect sense. To raid you need to do pointless shit that has nothing to do with raiding.
    Sounds like classic and BC when you had to spend just about every hour you were online but not raiding farming consumables, reps, attunement, old dungeons and raids for resist sets so that you'd be prepared for raid.

Can you imagine having to run almost all of VotW, right up until the last boss, to get to this little doodad because it was the only place in the world where flasks could be made? Every time you wanted to make flasks? Cause classic had that with Scholomance.

Running Mauradon which was 10 item levels below the cap at the time for nature resist gear to run AQ.

A rare herb needed for flasks that there was only one up in the zone at a time.

Grinding Argent Dawn rep by doing Stratholme runs ad nauseum to reduce the massive cost to attune into Naxx.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-07-23 at 05:15 PM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    But Legion is still anticipating a massive content patch, the biggest WoW has ever seen.
    Is it just me or every patch since at least (and including) 6.2 has been claimed to be the biggest patch to date? =P

Either way, it looks to be the case this time, even though I wonder what that will mean for what comes after (will it cause a 1 year + drought? Will it cause the next expansion to be shorter / have less content?)

With that said yea, they have been doing a pretty good job at content pacing and the release of new stuff. Personally I probably enjoyed WoD more even though I do think Legion is a better expansion overall, but that's most likely the result of me not being as much into the game as I was then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I WISH this expansion would end. Hopefully the next one will actually be fun.
    Not sure exactly what you dislike about Legion but if it's the typical MMO-champion complaints of legendaries, titanforged and artifact power, all of those will very likely carry over into the next expansion one way or another since they are on the large considered a success, even if many posters here would beg to differ.

Legion's fine!

7.3 Surely destroyed nearly all the problem's I had with this expac.

So, 9/10 so far.

It's LK Tier for me, AKA Good.

But, while it is LK tier, it's barely MoP Tier, which is the best! So...meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion is SLIGHTLY better than Wod( Worst expansion for many ppl).

Think about it.

But Legion is still anticipating a massive content patch, the biggest WoW has ever seen.
    Feels like i've seen that before... oh, right. People were saying the same about 7.2/Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Sounds like classic and BC when you had to spend just about every hour you were online but not raiding farming consumables, reps, attunement, old dungeons and raids for resist sets so that you'd be prepared for raid.

Can you imagine having to run almost all of VotW, right up until the last boss, to get to this little doodad because it was the only place in the world where flasks could be made? Every time you wanted to make flasks? Cause classic had that with Scholomance.

Running Mauradon which was 10 item levels below the cap at the time for nature resist gear to run AQ.

A rare herb needed for flasks that there was only one up in the zone at a time.

Grinding Argent Dawn rep by doing Stratholme runs ad nauseum to reduce the massive cost to attune into Naxx.
    All of this was tedious, yes. But it was great as well. I did all of this and I enjoyed it because raiding was something special and not something for everybody without a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Legion is MUCH better than Wod( Worst expansion for many ppl).

Think about it.
    ^

Artifact weapons are the worst part of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Artifact weapons are the worst part of the expansion.
    This. It's why I quit. The AP grinding was just too stupid of an addition to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    This. It's why I quit. The AP grinding was just too stupid of an addition to the game.
    Luckily you no longer need to grind ap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Not sure exactly what you dislike about Legion but if it's the typical MMO-champion complaints of legendaries, titanforged and artifact power, all of those will very likely carry over into the next expansion one way or another since they are on the large considered a success, even if many posters here would beg to differ.
    My problem is with pretty much everything except demon hunters. I don't like the levelling, world quests, the broken shore, the grind, the gating, 7.2 (Worst content patch ever if you don't count 2.2 and 6.1 as content patches), the lore, the horrendous 'secret' appearance quests like the one for the Ashbringer that has you to camp a rare spawn with a random 24-48 hour respawn timer etc...

Suramar showed real promise, but getting around on foot plus the heavy gating completely ruined the pacing of the story and made adventuring there frustrating.

I'm at the point where I genuinely preferred WoD. Even if the only redeeming features of that expansion were the levelling and the music (And Ashran, but many would disagree).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    While I agree that Legion is better than WoD, please don't fall for this garbage line that Blizzard puts out with every new main patch. They said that with 7.2 and yet many people I know of decided to give it a break because of the constant drip feed of content.
    That's how MMO's work today. People resub, blow through the content and unsubscribe until the next patch hits. There's always the extremely loyal ones that enjoy everything so they stay subbed but the majority are cyclical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    People put far too much focus on grinding instead of just playing the game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Can you imagine? 7 months after its release WoD got its last patch in June 2016 - that's like 7.2 and ToS would be the end of Legion and the "content drought" for the next expansion already started back in April '17. But Legion is still anticipating a massive content patch, the biggest WoW has ever seen.

It's amazing to see how Blizzard turned the WoD crap show into a success story with the right pacing of content.
    Pacing? dont you mean timegated content.... the only reason the content is lasting is because they put them behind timegate.
    Like broken shore campaign... once a week you get the next part in the campaign until its done... and it was literally like 1 quest every week.

Just like Suramar... the casual nature of the quests and area itself makes it so fast that before you know it you have to wait some form of cooldown before you can continue. At launch suramar campaign wasnt fully done yet so they kept dripfeeding us one quest at a time per week... sometimes it was literally talk to khadgar and done.

Well sure it lasts much longer than WoD but unfortunately its not worth paying 12 euros a month to play a day or two and then wait. Its more worth it to unsubscribe for a few months and then return once more content has been introduced. Which i just did earlier this year!
    It feels like playing an early access game... except they release stuff faster than a small indie company.

7+ Year Old Account
    How can anybody say Legion is the worst expansion? Really? Sorry but nothing comes close to WoD when it's about being the worst possible expansion.
    In story LEgion is as bad as WoD

in gameplay Legion is awesome, but don't bet MOP