Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    you mean the dark ages wernt becuase of religion? we dont have holy wars in the middle east becuase of religion? we dont have people being executed daily becuase of religion there? sorry but in modern day society religion is the poison. It has no place in schools, it has no place outside your home, it has no place in government. Worship what ever magical deity you want behind your door. forcing other people to follow its rules, making laws around your imaginary friends rules, and killing people becuase of its rules is mind numbingly stupid and only hinders out species at its progression.
    Some religions are indeed poison. Some religions teach to kill infidels, to treat some people bad or as inferior, or other idiotic stuff that stuff should be banned, of course.

Keep in mind though, faith also gives hope to the hopeless and the ones that go through tough times. And If religions teach the right things, I can see they how a good lawful modern religion can become a means for people to be more lawful, empathetic and sharing

Pretty sure I'd burst into flames if I entered any of those places, or so people tell me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion of religion is not allowed on MMO-Champion. Please stick to the topic of security/surveillance and not discussion of religion itself.

Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Discussion of religion is not allowed on MMO-Champion. Please stick to the topic of security/surveillance and not discussion of religion itself.

Thanks.
    the entire topic is centered on religion and the surveilance of that, you cant just sit here, say the topic thats in the topic title isnt allowed, dole out infractions based on whats discussed here then post that we cant talk about whats in the topic title. Either allow the discussion or close the thread. You cant have it both ways. The viability of religion and violence it causes is the direct result that caused the title of this thread, and you cant avoid discussing it without the religious portion. so grow a backbone and either close the thread or allow the discussion of the subjects its covers.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the outrage is only because the place is "co-managed" by two parties and one party decided to take action without consulting the other; Action that may have actually caused zero outrage and that the other side may have agreed with if only asked.

To answer the OP, I don't think there's anything markedly unreasonable or objectively bad or malicious about ensuring a congregation isn't threatened by some neer-do-well. The situation in the middle east is profoundly volatile though, and you can't really have a discussion about it without bringing that culture, those historical feuds and the seemingly aggressively ardent believers into it. It's just not that simple over there.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    No because I would end up in a church / synagogue / mosque.

Security equipment in an area that has a history of users carrying weapons and attacking and killing bystanders? In an area full of people who have vowed to attack and kill bystanders, whose children have been raised since birth to sacrifice themselves if given a chance to attack and kill bystanders?

No need. Sounds perfectly safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    the entire topic is centered on religion and the surveilance of that, you cant just sit here, say the topic thats in the topic title isnt allowed, dole out infractions based on whats discussed here then post that we cant talk about whats in the topic title. Either allow the discussion or close the thread. You cant have it both ways. The viability of religion and violence it causes is the direct result that caused the title of this thread, and you cant avoid discussing it without the religious portion. so grow a backbone and either close the thread or allow the discussion of the subjects its covers.
    The question was:

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    I'm an atheist so I really have no opinion on the matter, but is it so far fetched to demand a security check before entering a "holy place"? Why is it any different than a security check when you enter the mall or an airport? Is there some reason behind the protests or is this just an excuse to riot?

Your response was:

be much better if we abolished and outlawed religion
    You're the one directly adding religion into the discussion. See my reply above? It acknowledges the OP's question and also states the complication of having a discussion like this without focusing on religion as well.

Don't be a dingus, dude. PM a mod if you want to bitch and moan, or better yet, take your religious discussion to another forum.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

they should be given sanity checks on the way out.....

would make the world a safer place if we lock up a few hundred million religious nuts...mostly christian/catholics

[Infracted - Religion-bashing]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-23 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    As much as I don't agree with Israeli policies, they de facto rule that part of the land. If they feel that they need those checks installed, because whatever reason, it's their choice and they should be able to do so.

Deleted
    Security and freedom cannot be reconciled without compromise.
    It has been proven security, like war, never works for the people, it works for those who seek control.
    Freedom involves risks, and freedom can be abused. Thus, freedom is a risk for those who seek control.

If we really wanted to solve the problem of terrorism, we should ask ourselves why people kill themselves just in order to make a point. Invading countries might have something to do with it. As long as we're not discussing this, and call people terrorists just because they don't follow protocol, I am not trusting anyone who puts cameras up and tells me he is just worried about my security. I rather choose to live with the risk.

Of course those worried people then label me as a poor left-wing anarchist crackpot who knows nothing. This is the point where I have to shrug and drive away in my nice Mercedes.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-07-23 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't enter these structures but at times I think it is needed. Shouldn't tax the non-using members of sociaty.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    The question was:

Your response was:

You're the one directly adding religion into the discussion. See my reply above? It acknowledges the OP's question and also states the complication of having a discussion like this without focusing on religion as well.

Don't be a dingus, dude. PM a mod if you want to bitch and moan, or better yet, take your religious discussion to another forum.
    the entire topic is around security checks caused by violence from one religious sect to another, bringing in the morality and damage caused by the ideology of religion as that was arguably the result that caused the security checks and upgraded restrictions to visiting the religious monuments. You cant talk about the taste of an apple without talking about the tree from which it grows and the methods to which that tree is taken care of. which is what we are doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Really no reason to have one there if you don't have one for grocery stores or such. If someone wants as many victims as possible, they could just go attacking people in rush hour, at a mall or such rather than a place of worship.

I know no mall that has security checks, I've always been able to enter freely?
    One of the best places to go is the place that you know the victims won't have weapons to defend themselves. That is partly why we see so many shootings take place in "gun free zones". I.E. work, places that serve alcohol, schools, churches, certain business. Even the base shooting not too long ago happened in a "gun free zone" believe it or not.

Anytime you have large crowds gathering in today's environment it probably isn't too bad of an idea in certain situations to have passive security protocols.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-07-23 at 10:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If someone wanted to attack a place of worship then security cameras or security guards will not stop them from doing so.
    May not stop them, but it would help and in some cases, could serve as a deterrent. Most terrorist,crooks, etc. rather pick on easy targets. Like the cinema shooter who killed 12 people in it. He picked the one which did not allow firearms. There was one not too far away which did and he did not pick it.

I would have no problem having a security check such as metal detectors to enter any place. If they post signs which are clearly visible that no firearms or knives are allowed inside, then I would know if I want to enter there, I would have to leave my handgun in my vehicle.

i only ever go to church when my wife drags me there

i swear i feel my lifeforce drain when im there

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like anybody that would be fine with it don't take religion very seriously in the first place.

I never visit churches or the like anyway, so doesn't matter to me.

Ignorance is bliss to all those who say it is bullshit, but when people are coming to kill you based on your country... I mean we all have to be safe, or sorry. You don't like it fucking leave! if you don't mind you're a sheeple tough shit like it or not... segregation is a thing and will happen as long as we comply with hating each other - buncha fucking tools we are.

Grats!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    So the outrage is only because the place is "co-managed" by two parties and one party decided to take action without consulting the other; Action that may have actually caused zero outrage and that the other side may have agreed with if only asked.

To answer the OP, I don't think there's anything markedly unreasonable or objectively bad or malicious about ensuring a congregation isn't threatened by some neer-do-well. The situation in the middle east is profoundly volatile though, and you can't really have a discussion about it without bringing that culture, those historical feuds and the seemingly aggressively ardent believers into it. It's just not that simple over there.
    Consulting with the other side aka the Islamic Waqf, is like talking to a wall, just about everything is met with a refusal with claims that it hinders the rights of the Muslim to worship, they have outright refused the alternatives i.e Cameras at the entry gates to the compound, hand held metal detectors for a more selective checking etc yet again under the claim that it hinders the rights of Muslims.