Why Is Comic Con Stingy With Panel Footage?

I never understood the obsession with exclusiveness that conventions like SDCC, NYCC, and D23 have? Why do they refuse to release their footage and panels later down the road? Why do they not give a shit about people who can't attend? e3 never does this with its panels. Blizzard never does this. Every panel or trailer at Blizzcon, with the exception of the Warcraft Trailer in 2015 has be available for the public. Is there a reason companies are to afraid to show us this stuff later down the road? It's been nearly 2 years, and still no Warcraft movie panel or test footage. Is this an illiterate marketing stunt? Can the companies get in legal trouble somehow if they show it? What's the deal? Atleast don't be dictators about leaked footage. I can;t imagine going to a con panel being watched like that. Makes me uncomfortable.

This is weird coming from a public convention and not a press one. I remember hearing some of these cons were never always like this.

Same reason WWE is stingy with footage from house shows. They want to make it look like being there is a special thing, else the ticket loses its value. Why go to SDCC when you can see all the panels on a stream?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Same reason WWE is stingy with footage from house shows. They want to make it look like being there is a special thing, else the ticket loses its value. Why go to SDCC when you can see all the panels on a stream?
    And yet Blizzcon sells out in minutes. And makes money off VT sales.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    And yet Blizzcon sells out in minutes. And makes money off VT sales.
    Blizzcon is really fucking cool though.

+ you get presents and beta test Blizz games, no? People always go there expecting a huge reveal.

a digital SDCC pass would be a serious money maker
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If everybody just watched the panels on their computers there wouldn't be alot of people going to the conventions.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If everybody just watched the panels on their computers there wouldn't be alot of people going to the conventions.
    Thats hardly true, you can watch every panel at Blizzcon with the online ticket and yet its packed every year.

Blizzcon is really fucking cool though.

+ you get presents and beta test Blizz games, no? People always go there expecting a huge reveal.
    You think people wouldn't still be falling over themselves to go to Comic Con if it were to be streamed or if stuff was posted later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You think people wouldn't still be falling over themselves to go to Comic Con if it were to be streamed or if stuff was posted later?
    Probably, would they pay as much/sell out though?

SDCC is definitely on my bucket list.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Probably, would they pay as much/sell out though?
    Seeing celebrities in person, signings, merchandise, costumes, and the general experience of immersion are not things that you can get sitting on your couch. Of course it would still sell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

ComicCon is awful, you're not missing anything. Back when it was held at penn plaza hotel it was fine, you could get into panels and attendance didn't make it a nightmare.

Now you wait on line for upwards of four to five hours to get in, the crowds so large you can't move, the lines to the panels require a three - four hour wait to get into one and the halls so loud you can barely hear the presentation (which is usually crap to begin with).

Seeing celebrities in person, signings, merchandise, costumes, and the general experience of immersion are not things that you can get sitting on your couch. Of course it would still sell out.
    If you're incredibly lucky for most of the things in that list. You can barely see someones costume when you're pressed so close to them you can't move. And all the merchandise is sold either online or at any other con since the people with the booths live off that stuff they travel, you're very lucky if you get to the person doing the signing before it ends, and actually seeing a celebrity is more than a crap shoot.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2017-07-24 at 01:38 AM.

And I never understood people who actually went to this kind of thing, so...

Of course they're stingy with footage; they want people to pay to come to their con. If they give everything away for free, why would anyone show up to begin with? (Other than all the weird basement-dwelling virgin weaboos who dress up and show up for this shit to begin with, I guess.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Its so crowded, I passed on going the last two years, too much of a hassle.

I am glad I went in the past, but I wouldn't pay for a stream, miss out on too much by not being there. Maybe I will go again when I have had more time to miss it.

There are other, less congested conventions even if they don't have as much news or as many celebrities.

Why do you people always want shit for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    why make somethin cool when you can just be mysterious bout it, comiccon is shit a long time now
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..