manga PLs were awful in the latest arc

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't like about Kale is how whiny and wimpy she is in base form. Everything else is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    manga PLs were awful in the latest arc
    I think they are a bit more consistent.

Trunks being below SSG (red one), Zamasu being below SSG (red one).

one bad thing is Hakai and Goku basically being equal or slightly above Merged Zamasu.

7+ Year Old Account
    she's so sexy im so glad they finally gave us a female saiyan best part of all is she reminds me of how gohan was only more badass.. i hope goku does decide to to train her.. kale not sure what will become of her.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I'm sorry...but...

Does Kale have a low Self-esteem?

Did she hit her Emo Phase?

Or was she born, weak. And, ever since then, she was always mocked for being weak, hence thinking herself a Liability, and pathetic, hence why she went to Caulifla, and became her Protegee?

I'd say it's both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    animation for Super has improved a ton.
    Not just that...

But, and entire arc...based on nothing but fighting...

WITH AMAZING ANIMATION?!

HOLY SHIT!

- - - Updated - - -

hehe say what you will about the manga but its at least more consistent about PL even though the story in it is meh written.

- - - Updated - - -

Lul.

That's funny.

I liked how kale trashed goku and goku's attacks didn't even scratch her
    hope brolyne returns

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are a bit more consistent.

Trunks being below SSG (red one), Zamasu being below SSG (red one).

one bad thing is Hakai and Goku basically being equal or slightly above Merged Zamasu.
    With Trunks... how can you even tell? He was pretty much ignored through the arc and even its ending. The manga version just felt weird, like an afternoon outing instead of an actual fight. I dont like how the scaling is SSB > Everything thats not good scaling no matter how much many on reddit would claim. That is the same as saying GT scaling is good because Goku > all

Also Zamasu just looks a bit crazier in the manga, but he just lacks everything else. No grand plans, no build up, no cool mystery, very little of the amazing scenes from that arc. He just felt like another generic anime villain in the manga. Sure hes not the greatest thing ever written in the anime, but neither is DB in general. But my goodness he literally was nothing in the manga compared. Yes he is sexier and they ripped his shirt off to show it, but he was just lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I'm sorry...but...

Does Kale have a low Self-esteem?

Did she hit her Emo Phase?

Or was she born, weak. And, ever since then, she was always mocked for being weak, hence thinking herself a Liability, and pathetic, hence why she went to Caulifla, and became her Protegee?

I'd say it's both.

- - - Updated - - -

Not just that...

But, and entire arc...based on nothing but fighting...

WITH AMAZING ANIMATION?!

HOLY SHIT!

- - - Updated - - -

Lul.

That's funny.
    Puny super saiyan god

- - - Updated - - -

Kale seems to have no self esteem. I really liked how Caulifla is trying to help her with that. It was actually something we dont usually see in dragon ball in terms of dynamic. Its less "GOHAN YOU NEED TO DO THIS!" and more "come on, I know you got this" much more out of genuine friendship than plot needing character to be motivated.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-07-23 at 05:49 PM.

How the fuck caN people be mad at kale and not the dumb bitch who didnt knew shit about SSJ and then suddenly can go to SSJ2?

because she isn't suddenly at SSB level or at least strong enough to fight it????

because she isn't suddenly at SSB level or at least strong enough to fight it????
    It doesnt matter, you know how much vegeta had to work for it? and gohan? it was already stupid that the kids were able to get SSJ out of the blue, but this is just retard

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    It doesnt matter, you know how much vegeta had to work for it? and gohan? it was already stupid that the kids were able to get SSJ out of the blue, but this is just retard
    way better than Trunks and Goten IMO (SSJ I mean).

not defending it ofc.

- - - Updated - - -

btw, Goku will fight Jiren on equal terms anyway and he will be at 100%.

PL's will come back to normal in that fight.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-07-24 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    How the fuck caN people be mad at kale and not the dumb bitch who didnt knew shit about SSJ and then suddenly can go to SSJ2?
    I've been said she's dumb. People ignore it cuz female super saiyann
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Damn people sure blow Kale vs Goku 'fight' out of proportion, especially the ''big'' dbs youtubers, all they see omg omg she tank a SSJB Kamehameha, but they ignore the last part of episode when Goku don't even have a scrath on him, at best in my opinion shes at SSJ2 Goku level, sure with proper training and guidence and in another anime she can surpass Goku

As for how fast universe 6 Saiyans learn the ''legendary'' transformation, well Toriyama put himself in a corner with this, universe 6 need to be more than Hit, the only annoying part for me in dbs super power wise is how a joke so call god ki is, i expected in time to became just the standard transformation for DBS but not this fast, at this point if more than ever for me that Goku have a new big trick under his belt and that is not kaioken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Damn people sure blow Kale vs Goku 'fight' out of proportion, especially the ''big'' dbs youtubers, all they see omg omg she tank a SSJB Kamehameha, but they ignore the last part of episode when Goku don't even have a scrath on him, at best in my opinion shes at SSJ2 Goku level, sure with proper training and guidence and in another anime she can surpass Goku

As for how fast universe 6 Saiyans learn the ''legendary'' transformation, well Toriyama put himself in a corner with this, universe 6 need to be more than Hit, the only annoying part for me in dbs super power wise is how a joke so call god ki is, i expected in time to became just the standard transformation for DBS but not this fast, at this point if more than ever for me that Goku have a new big trick under his belt and that is not kaioken
    If Kale is anything like Broly(and pretty much everything so far hints towards that) she will keep growing in power as she stays in the form, so I expect her to be quite powerful with time. Yeah she didn't really harm Goku, but neither did he harm her, pretty much anyone else on U6 other than Hit would probably have gotten pretty hurt after that kamehame, but she just walked through it like it was nothing.

I just really hope she grows as a character and gets to control the transformation so she becomes a decent character, unlike Broly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    If Kale is anything like Broly(and pretty much everything so far hints towards that) she will keep growing in power as she stays in the form, so I expect her to be quite powerful with time. Yeah she didn't really harm Goku, but neither did he harm her, pretty much anyone else on U6 other than Hit would probably have gotten pretty hurt after that kamehame, but she just walked through it like it was nothing.

I just really hope she grows as a character and gets to control the transformation so she becomes a decent character, unlike Broly.
    Agree but you need to look from another angle, she was bloodthirsty while Goku was well Goku, while I personally never liked the ''He holds back'' excuse, this time it's quite obvious that Goku hold back a lot, we really don't know how much Goku hold back, hell from all we know that Kamehame was weaker than the one he used against Krillin

As for episode. to much focus on Goku/Vegeta, i want more Gohan/Piccolo

so like, is it just taking a while for the sites to get the new episode of the dub, or is this yet another week without a dub episode?

cause this shit's getting a little tiresome if it is. it's just total disrespect of a sect of your audience.

I mean, we know for sure that he was holding back against Krillin and 17, writers aren't that stupid.

even they think that lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post

SSJ2 Goku was Lokied

Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-07-24 at 09:51 AM.

That scene was amazing. It's frame by frame identical, must be an intentional reference.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That just looks like she's gained some control over the transformation. It's basically stage one Broly, before he explodes.
    It's not the same thing. Broly does use regular Super Saiyan, where his hair and aura is golden and his musculature doesn't change much from base, and the LSSJ/Berserker form explodes his frame.

The form Kale has in that pic is not as extremely muscular as the Berserker form or Super Saiyan Grade 3, but it is still much bigger than her base form. It also has the green hair of the LSSJ/Berserker form.

Maybe this is the true, controlled LSSJ state? Which would mean that Broly was never truly succesful in using his power.

from one of the producers

Dragon Ball Super: Is the newest arc safe from power scaling? After all Master Roshi is fighting too... We talk to the producer.

We are entering the TV anime’s new “Universe Survival” arc of Dragon Ball Super, the new Dragon Ball anime inspired by Akira Toriyama’s hugely popular manga. We have seen the series’ hero, Son Goku, take part in many intense battles against tough foes throughout Super so far, but in this new arc, we expect to see even more powerful opponents, assembled from across the many universes to participate in the Tournament of Power. With the stage set on such a magnificent scale, we have fans worrying if the series is safe from “power scaling (literally: power inflation),” after all, there are characters such as Master Roshi and Krillin who cannot hope to keep up with the power levels of these increasingly powerful foes. We asked the anime’s producer at Toei Animation, Hiroyuki Sakurada, a range of questions such as “Is the power scaling going to be ok?,” and “Can Master Roshi really fight in such a stage?”

-Akira Toriyama’s Ideas will Surpass the Power Scaling Worry

Dragon Ball is the name of Akira Toriyama’s famous manga that was serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump (Shueisha) from 1984-95. The anime debuted in 1986, and Dragon Ball Super, a completely original story overlooked by Toriyama himself, began in July 2015. It starts after Goku’s fight with Majin Buu and touches on plot points such as meeting with the God of Destruction, Beerus, fighting a revived Frieza and a showdown with Goku Black.

In the new Universe Survival arc, we see a Tournament of Power, in which warriors representing each universe assemble to battle it out. Each universe must assemble 10 warriors to fight in this tournament, and the losing universes will be eradicated. Sakurada tells us that, “Regarding the new grand developments of this upcoming arc, when I asked Mr Toriyama how the series will progress, Toriyama himself proposed this new story. Receiving the bare bones of the story from Toriyama, I fleshed out the story and created what you will be seeing on your screens soon.” He also added that the fact there will be over 100 new characters from each universe was tricky indeed.

Zeno, who stands in a position above each universe’s gods, evaluated each universe, assigned them a rank – the results of which were that Goku’s universe, Universe 7, is second from the bottom. The fact that there are even stronger foes in other universes surprised a lot of fans, and resulted in some voices calling that this power scaling ruins the story.

Sakurada tells us this idea of there always being an even stronger power has been with the Dragon Ball series for a long time. “Each time a new arc or series begins, the fans always worry about how it will turn out in the end, but Toriyama always seems to break through this issue. Although the scale of this next arc is on another level, there is no fear of any power scaling issues. After all, worlds that I can’t even imagine will be created in the future, so we will work our way through this power scaling issue.”

Isn’t Master Roshi Pretty Strong?

In the promotional artwork for the Universe Survival arc, we can see the warriors chosen to participate. The expected fighters, Goku, Gohan and Vegeta are here, but many fans are surprised to see Master Roshi among the roster. Although he was once the strongest fighter in the past, he has seen very little action in the recent series. Even in Dragon Ball Super, although he had a fight scene against Frieza’s army, he hasn’t really had much show time this series.

When we ask whether Master Roshi can keep up with this power scaling, Sakurada tells us: “Isn’t Master Roshi pretty strong? There are things both he and Krillin can do. In addition to the question of Gohan getting his fighting instincts back, we can look forward to how these characters play their roles in this upcoming arc. It was Toriyama’s idea to assemble these ten characters, and I think it’s quite the interesting lineup. But getting all ten members together who are on that promotional image... Please look forward to it!”

In the Tournament of Power, all 10 members from each time fight at the same time in a battle royal. The universe who has the last remaining fighter, or the most remaining fighters at the end of the time limit, will be the victor. As there is a ban on flying, this battle’s focus will move to a primarily tactical based one. Due to this, there will most likely be a place for Krillin and Master Roshi to shine, even though their power level is lower than Goku’s.

In regard to the Universe Survival arc, Sakurada tells us “The series’ popular characters will form a team and participate in a dream match against even more powerful opponents from other universes. We will see who will join the team and how they will play their roles. When Dragon Ball was first serialized it was regarded as the best battle action manga in the world. Even now, there are unique qualities about it, and has a charm that exceeds language, generation and time. I hope I can show this same quality in the new Universe Survival arc. Please look forward to the action and excitement that awaits!” There will be an even more grand story, intense battles in this new arc and we think it’s something to really look forward to. As Goku always says, “I’m pretty excited!”

- - - Updated - - -