I thought for sure were going to see hints at zombie dragons or something when Cersei and her ex-maester dude were talking about how to deal with Dany's pets.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I'm disappointed with Baelish's character. He had so much mysteriousness and danger about him in the beginning, but now he's just this shifty bloke who annoys people with his obvious scheming.
    Eh. I've never been impressed by him. Neither the actor nor the character. Especially when there's someone like Varys to compare him to. Now, with that interaction between him and Jon, it seems like they're just setting up the obvious "you didn't pay me the proper respect so I'm going to fuck you over like I always do to my enemies...oh, and I'm going to bang your sister, too."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Jeus fucking Christ, that Missandei/Grey Worm and Yara/Ellaria scenes. Can't recall when was the last time GoT included shit of such monumental proportions (probably the last time the screentime was wasted for Missandei/Grey worm romance or the abomination that is the Dorne storyline in the show). Utterly, utterly pointless and a waste of screen time in a season that's already going to be short. Euron ranked up for me for killing two of the Sand Whores and capturing the other one, Grand Sand Whore and Yara. Still a shadow of his book self though.
    This is a complaint i share too. These two episodes, despite their lack of action (except for the Battle of the Krakens) are filled with character interactions which overall i found enjoyable.

I had heard/read in advance that we were getting a GY and Missandei sex scene and what i did as soon as i saw was skip forward. Screw that, a pile of shite in an overall enjoyable episode. Hell, i even went back a few times to watch the Arya/Hot Pie moment.

I'll say it, it was fun seeing the Sand Retards get wrecked. Euron is a crazy mofo. And now we know what the gift is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone brought up a point which I thought was stupid at first.

He asked, why didn't the sand snakes have poison on their blade? My initial thought was because they were ambushed and didn't have time.

But then I thought, well how hard and long is it for them to do so? Is it not also possible that they always have them poisoned? They are at sea, preparing for war, should their weapons not be prepared as well? Pretty sure one of them stabbed Euron in the balls.

That family has no luck with the private parts.

I also find the Grey Worm romance thing uninteresting. As for the sex scenes, lol. I just fast forward any sex scenes now, I find them absolutely pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

He asked, why didn't the sand snakes have poison on their blade? My initial thought was because they were ambushed and didn't have time.

But then I thought, well how hard and long is it for them to do so? Is it not also possible that they always have them poisoned? They are at sea, preparing for war, should their weapons not be prepared as well? Pretty sure one of them stabbed Euron in the balls.
    The one that uses poison (Tyene) is the one that was defending Ellaria.

I can't fucking believe they dedicated so much screentime to that utter waste of time bullshittery that is Missandei - Greyworm romance. What the fuck.

Literally, my mind was blown each moment that event dragged on by just the level of retardism required to upkeep that plot-thread and waste valuable screentime when other matters are barely touched upon at all. Fucking pisses me off.

At least Sand Bitches died, albeit even that has a sour taste in my mouth because once more I had to see the Sand Bitches.

Ugh, I couldn't enjoy rest of the episode because of that ultimate showcase of human stupidity on what occured with the sex scene. Ffffff.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

I imagine putting a deadly poison on your weapons takes a good while. You're sitting on a rolling ship which suddenly starts rocking after getting hit by a barrage of onager shots, I'd say the last thing you'd be thinking about would be putting poisons on. Doing it safely on solid ground would take time, doing it safely in these conditions... yeah. I'm not an expert on poisons, either, but I guess they would lose a good chunk of the potency once they dried up, and they can't be cheap (not to mention they are on sea, so they couldn't restock) so the Sand Snakes wouldn't be able to keep them on at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I also find the Grey Worm romance thing uninteresting. As for the sex scenes, lol. I just fast forward any sex scenes now, I find them absolutely pointless.
    Its more cringe if you read book where Messandei is 10 old girl. They grow up her and then throw in bed with virgin eunuch...

Pretty good episode if I do say so myself.

Varys, Champion of the People is a bit forced to me, and Dany's usual wooden acting did not help the scene much. Fortunately, our boy Tyrion is here for the rescue.

Arya's scenes were really nice. Nymeria (the wolf) was appropriately gigantic. Maybe Ghost's growth is stunted by being an albino or whatever, because his big sister is at least twice his weight now.

What is Littlefinger even doing in this show anymore? Send him back to the south or kill him already. He used to be a mastermind, now he's nothing more than a pervert that gets talked down to or beat up every once in a while. Even as someone who loathes his character, the treatment he got is just pathetic.

Grey Worm/Missandrei finally did the deed. I mostly skipped through the scene because frankly it's one of the dullest romances ever. At least Miss looks nice.

Nice to see Olenna has lost none of her bite and Team Dany is not a happy circus groveling at the feet of their idol like I feared they would be.

Sam finally gets a good couple of scenes. I really felt for Jorah. Also that transition was pure genius.

Speaking of Tarlys, them using Randyll is nice, and I liked his dialog with Jaime who appeals to both his sense of loyalty and his greed. I like to think that real life negotiations in medieval times often looked like that.

But the star of this episode is Euron without a doubt. What a fucking insane badass. His axe-wiedling berserker rage would be enough for me to like him, that he kills two of the stupid Sand Snakes only adds to the hype. Hopefully the rest of the Dornish follow suit and we'll be rid of them. Yara's got to live, however, she's cool. And Theon being scared shitless makes a lot of sense. So while the sudden attack by an entire fleet is a bit contrived, I really liked this sequence overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Ariana Grande or Demi Lovato can appear as a whore and I'd be ok with it.
    lol I second this. Think they're a little too "girl power" for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Jeus fucking Christ, that Missandei/Grey Worm and Yara/Ellaria scenes. Can't recall when was the last time GoT included shit of such monumental proportions (probably the last time the screentime was wasted for Missandei/Grey worm romance or the abomination that is the Dorne storyline in the show). Utterly, utterly pointless and a waste of screen time in a season that's already going to be short. Euron ranked up for me for killing two of the Sand Whores and capturing the other one, Grand Sand Whore and Yara. Still a shadow of his book self though.

Sansa is still an idiot and the writers seem to have no idea what to do with Littlefinger. The mastermind that caused the war of five kings is now reduced to a creepy pervert projecting his obsession with Cat onto Sansa and getting manhandled by Jon for it (who has some weird animosity towards Littlefinger before he tells him of his fetishes).

Sam scenes were nice for a change, but I'm not sure what's the great importance of Jorah anymore. I hope he's only going to serve as a plot device for Sam, who will get lauded for curing Mormont's disease. Arya's scene was OK. And I can't help but laugh at Qyburn's great secret weapon being a ballista. Never seen one of those before.
    Nathalie Emmanuel is stacked, I approve of that scene

True that Baelish is in a weird spot...I think the writers are trying to convey that he's "in the North" and that he has far less sway there because of Northern values and politics. They could do better than having Jon and Sansa tell him off everytime, especially when he saved their lives and their home. FWIW, those scenes of Littlefinger in the hall, scanning the lords, is great. But it always ends with him trying to speak with the Starks and getting shut down immediately.

BTW - Still really shocked how chill everyone is with Euron's conveniently executed naval attack. Not only that but he's now a fan favorite all of the sudden. Seems a little too TWD to me. Also reminiscent of Breaking Bad - where the final antagonists seemed rush, shallow and OP compared to the brilliant villains that preceded them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Pretty good episode if I do say so myself.

Varys, Champion of the People is a bit forced to me, and Dany's usual wooden acting did not help the scene much. Fortunately, our boy Tyrion is here for the rescue.
    I tend to believe Varys. Remember in Season 1 Ned asked him who he serves, and he replied "the realm, my lord. Someone must." While it seemed cryptic at the time, many of his actions since have backed that. For one he sided with Tyrion who was one of the few elites in King's Landing that had a lick of honor.

Also in one of his exchanges with Baelish, he displayed a hatred for chaotic political environments which claim the lives of thousands. Basically, Varys is using his skillset to aid someone that HE feels is suited to rule.
    Last edited by Zayv; 2017-07-24 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The one that uses poison (Tyene) is the one that was defending Ellaria.
    I would have at least thought Obara would have as well, Nymeria less likely, given her weapon of choice (at least the lasso RIP Oberyn), the halberd...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well I think we know what Euron's gift to Cersei will be; Yara Greyjoy, Ellaria Sand (oh she is gonna cop it for killing Myrcella) and Tyene Sand. no doubt they will all be horribly executed somehow. wonder if the rest of the Greyjoy fleet will now abandon Dany and follow Euron

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I thought for sure were going to see hints at zombie dragons or something when Cersei and her ex-maester dude were talking about how to deal with Dany's pets.

Eh. I've never been impressed by him. Neither the actor nor the character. Especially when there's someone like Varys to compare him to. Now, with that interaction between him and Jon, it seems like they're just setting up the obvious "you didn't pay me the proper respect so I'm going to fuck you over like I always do to my enemies...oh, and I'm going to bang your sister, too."
    What are you people on about, Varys hasn't done anything amazing on the show except for freeing Tyrion and teleporting. Apart from that he just had witty lines and rambled on about the good of the people, which if you read the books is bullshit, as he kills Kevan who was actually doing a good job keeping the kingdom together.

In the books Littlefinger wants to be the king of ashes and Varys wants Aegon to be king... after he turns the kingdom into ashes via invasion. So they aren't that much different.

Even the Tyrells have done much more in the political scene than Varys, at least they got their paws on the crown, if only for a bit.. and held the Lannisters to ransom with their supplies on King's Landing.

Littlefinger has been LIGHTYEARS ahead of everyone ( hell they aren't even playing the same game ), he orchestrated everything that happened from Robert coming to Winterfell all the way to the Joffrey/Margaery to Stannis losing at King's Landing. Littlefinger, NOW, is Lord of Harrenhal ( with the Frey's dead he should be ruler of the Riverlands ) and unofficial ruler of the Vale. It makes FUCKALL sense to:

1. Call Jon his king. They should be equals, as they both command a kingdom. Hell, Littlefinger theoretically rules two.

2. Stay in Winterfell where he is vulnerable and absent his army, when he should just go to the Vale, seeing as how Sansa is clearly not going to be manipulated.

This all clearly leads to Arya unmasking him as a traitor and his death and it's fucking stupid because Littlefinger should know better than to linger in a kingdom whose Lord ( Ned ) he indirectly killed. Just think of how many people were in that Throne Room, including Janos Slynt who went to the Wall and met Jon. Why in the world would Littlefinger take such risks? It's obvious he isn't going to be able to manipulate Sansa. When Sansa stopped depending on him ( came back home to Winterfell ) Littlefinger had NO MORE POWER over her.

He's being fucking moronic. Where's his line about " If people don't know what you want they don't know what you'll do " ? Why is he revealing his creepy fantasies to fucking Jon of all people?

He should go to the Vale and prepare for war.

It was already weird that Littlefinger helped Jon in the battle of the bastards. Based on his book characterisation I'd have imagined Littlefinger would destroy both Jon's army -AND- Ramsay's and then take over Winterfell.

While the Lords might not crown him king, Littlefinger would remind them that he killed the Boltons and avenged the Red Wedding and I'm sure with some good greasing of the wheel he could turn the lords into his allies. If the Boltons could do it, so can he.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-07-24 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    lol I second this. Think they're a little too "girl power" for it though.
    I loved Ariana's "I hate being objectified, stop treating me like that, I'm more than that. Oh, here's my new single about being being fucked so good over the weekend that I'm still walking funny", so she can be cast as a whore. Maybe she can be a handmaiden that loves dothraki man meat.

Can't wait for Dany to find out her super awesome plan has completely shit the bed already with the Greyjoy's and the Martell's being wiped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well I think we know what Euron's gift to Cersei will be; Yara Greyjoy, Ellaria Sand (oh she is gonna cop it for killing Myrcella) and Tyene Sand. no doubt they will all be horribly executed somehow. wonder if the rest of the Greyjoy fleet will now abandon Dany and follow Euron
    Ellaria for sure is getting executed. She may even get to battle The Mountain to the death like her husband (of sorts). Yara I picture getting saved somehow. Probably by Theon wherever he is going.

In unrelated areas of the world, does anyone else kind of want to see Hodor and Summer again soon even if their eyes are blue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good episode but I'll echo others, that Missandei scene was completely crap and went on for far too long. I mean cool she's hot and all that but lets move it along ffs

The Arya reunion with Hotpie was sweet and I enjoyed the small reunion with Nymeria... I hope she still has a part to play later.

And Euron is a total bad ass. That entrance onto the ship was so over the top but it fits well with his character. And thank fuck the sand snakes (the two extra bad ones) are over and done with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post

I tend to believe Varys. Remember in Season 1 Ned asked him who he serves, and he replied "the realm, my lord. Someone must." While it seemed cryptic at the time, many of his actions since have backed that. For one he sided with Tyrion who was one of the few elites in King's Landing that had a lick of honor.

Also in one of his exchanges with Baelish, he displayed a hatred for chaotic political environments which claim the lives of thousands. Basically, Varys is using his skillset to aid someone that HE feels is suited to rule.
    I'm more talking about comparisons to his book counterpart where his motivations remain more ambiguous. Here he's this close to advocating for democracy. But the show is its own thing after all.

Also Sansa continually undermining Jon's authority was stupid to be honest, especially given that he told her to not do that in the prior episode.

I'm so glad to finally see some action in the last 10-15 minutes, I don't mind that there's a lot of build up going on but at this point I was just falling asleep. Euron came over as a badass and I'm so glad to see the Sand Snakes being brought to their knees. I found the romance between Ellaria and Yara to be out of place though, glad that got cut with some bombarding. I can't wait to see what will happen to Ellaria.

I somewhat thought that Arya already knew that the Boltons were defeated. Because if they weren't, then why wouldn't she go for them before going Cersei? It were the Boltons who killed Robb in the first place, and then took over their home. I liked the reunion with Nymeria for what it was, I wonder if we'll see her again.