Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A lot of you seem to be mistaking the extreme speed up of "hit paint [few seconds later] paste, select area, crop, save" as oppose to the loading of 100 fonts and a library the size of congress of other options.

Paint is for tossing in a screenshot to screw with in a hurry. Gimp/Photoshop is for actually editing. This would be like giving up a motorcycle for one that requires you to get off and crank it with a front-lever everytime you want to drive around.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Yup, or Gimp, or Krita
    Obligatory "Fuck GIMP" is obligatory.

Dunno the other tho.

Dumb move no matter how you look at it.

Hard to comprehend why they would drop an iconic, now historic, aspect of their software.

Wow, end of an era.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    A lot of you seem to be mistaking the extreme speed up of "hit paint [few seconds later] paste, select area, crop, save" as oppose to the loading of 100 fonts and a library the size of congress of other options.

Paint is for tossing in a screenshot to screw with in a hurry. Gimp/Photoshop is for actually editing. This would be like giving up a motorcycle for one that requires you to get off and crank it with a front-lever everytime you want to drive around.
    Have you tried using the built in Snipping Tool? I find it to be far more efficient for my screenshotting needs. Just hit the start menu, type in "Snipping" and it should show up pretty quickly. Give it a shot!

best image cropping tool out there lol

RIP. Tbh, I used it almost entirely for cropping, but damn will I oddly miss it if I ever move on from Windows 7. As tribute:

I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    That's sad news. I do most of my drawing in paint. A friend and I exchange poorly drawn pictures quite regularly.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    RIP. Tbh, I used it almost entirely for cropping, but damn will I oddly miss it if I ever move on from Windows 7. As tribute:

sweet jesus thats amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Obligatory "Fuck GIMP" is obligatory.

Dunno the other tho.
    Glad I am not the only one who feels very conflicted about GIMP.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    There is Paint.NET for anyone who needs a replacement for his basic painting skills.

15+ Year Old Account
    Paint.net is basically a 1:1 replacement with many improvements. The UI is inspired by Paint (very similar toolbox setup) as are the menus.

Probably the best choice if you really liked Paint and want something similar.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's literally the only image software thing I use. What the hell do I use now without buying something?!

I MADE MY AVATAR IN PAINT GODDAMN IT!

You had something great and you blew it up, Microsoft. Damn you! Damn you all to hell!
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-24 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

This.

I use paint almost daily...

Hit start > type p > click paint > control+v > save. Literally 3 seconds to save a screen shot of my screen.

Compared to loading all those libraries and tools just to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    There is Paint.NET for anyone who needs a replacement for his basic painting skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Paint.net is basically a 1:1 replacement with many improvements. The UI is inspired by Paint (very similar toolbox setup) as are the menus.

Probably the best choice if you really liked Paint and want something similar.
    For anyone curious, the website is https://www.getpaint.net/. Don't be like me and just go to paint.net assuming it will work.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    But we still have notepad 0,0
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's boycot microsoft and say no to it's update.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

15+ Year Old Account
    But how will /pol/ survive without their Spicy Meme creation software?!

For real though, check out the new Paint tool, it's pretty legit

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    This.

I use paint almost daily...

Hit start > type p > click paint > control+v > save. Literally 3 seconds to save a screen shot of my screen.

Compared to loading all those libraries and tools just to do the same thing.
    I still don't get why MS didn't do what Apple does and just directly save a screenshot to your desktop in the preferred format (JPEG, PNG, etc). You'd think it'd be a no-brainer after 32 years in the OS business, but apparently not. Unfortunately, quality of life has never been Microsoft's forté.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Dear lord..... 900 hours later...

This is why I always wished I could draw but never could, if anything takes me more than 20 minutes to draw I give up: so my drawings are confined to quick sketches, stickmen, and diagrams.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter