Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wish. Boy howdee.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Necromancer could easily take function within the realm of World of Warcraft. Though, at this rate, I see it more to be a 4th specc for Death Knights. Taking their charge as Ranged DPS. Their methods and technique could take fold in most of the content as we still take use of their ability to this day.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Both possible and likely. It can be tied to Scourge expansion. It has strong lore. And last but not least it would create a lot of hype and help sell lot of boxes, unlike some weirdo classes.

I can only imagine level of confusion if they would annouce something like Sea Witch or Spellbreaker. Wait, I don't have to imagine that, we had monks! Don't get me wrong, monks are great, but it created a lot of bad PR for WoW (just compare dislikes for MoP reveal and "worst expac" WoD reveal).

And if you think that they won't do it, because we have similar specs... just grow up. They can change and completely rework all specs if they want. In the past you were saying that Demon Hunter is impossible, because Demonology. In Diablo 3 Necromancer was impossible, because Witch Doctor. In the future Blizzard can say: "We always believed that Unholy Death Knight should be more about spreading diseases, raising death doesn't really fit there, it belongs to Necromancer. You know, class fantasy. Oh, and don't forget preorder next expansion for early access!"

With all these Bolvar teases in Legion, Necromancer is my strongest canditate for 9.0 hero class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camet View Post
    With us defeating the legion, I think it would make sense for the locks to move in that direction, but I don't know if it would work since you have DKs which are like a blend of warrior and necromancer.
    While we defeated the Legion, that doesn't mean Demons cease to exist...I mean it's not like we were commanding Man'ari, Dreadlords, and Pitlords...we are only commanding the grunts of the Legion vast.

At this point I'd just be happy to see an updated Necromancer NPC model. Undead models deserve at least that much.

The Ghoul and Abom got a model revamp recently, I'd love to see them do that for the Necromancer, Cultists and Lich too.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-07-24 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Im almost feed up talking about the subject in the Class thread and repeating myself.

So im just gonna say, Yes its possible.

A Necromancer, a Forsaken and a Death Knight walk into a bar...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yay another Necromancer thread!

It's almost like thread starters nowadays willingly ignore the countless existing threads of the exact same topic just to add to their post count. I too am addicted to logging into my MMO-C account and seeing 5+ notifications to click on.

Regardless of genuine troll threads structured as legitimate threads in order to preserve its integrity (ie: most Jaylock threads) but this Necromancer topic is done to hell.

Too much crossover with current theme kits for the Unholy DK spec.

2 out of the 3 "new" classes are already dark/morbid themed classes.

Go play D3 for a better take on the Necromancer fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think that the Necromancer could ever be a class in the World of Warcraft? Or is Necromancer in your mind just another name for the Warlock?

Personally I think they COULD work, given a little bit of a rework of the DK and the Warlock. Necros control the undead, and have blood and bone and poision as a source of power, so giving necros somthing like blood bolt, bone spear, bone nova, blood nova, poision bolt etc could work. Blizzard could differentate DKs to be more of a ghoul controlling class with unholy and keep army of the dead and such, but give a potential necro class more power over skeletal forces (skeletons, skeleton mages, and even golems)

For reference:

WoW:

Warcraft 3:

Oh this is a Jaylock thread... this makes me less inclined to contribute but...

Day 1 my undead warlock choice was because it was the closest thing to a necromancer/minion master at the time. I still hope/wish for that class.

Anything is possible if Blizzard deems it so.

The issue as I see it is one that a few people have touched on. A necromancer share abilities that are currently available to Death Knights AND Warlocks.

(1) Warlocks have already been butchered to give some to Demon Hunters. It would not be popular to have that happen further. Truthfully though if Blizzard truly does have its eyes on xpacs 2 in the future... then class design for locks should have been moving away from a metamorphosis/become the demon build starting in MoP to reduce the shock.

(2) Personally I don't like Unholy DKs as a pet class (but that is an opinion ONLY) but I think there is room to rework that into a new playstyle, and use some of that toward a necromancer.

(3) Another issue is that particular unit had a very important check/weakness it required dead bodies to be of any real threat. Obviously this "problem" was kind of addressed/ignore in unholy DKs... but to me it would be an issue for a class that centers around raising a number of units from the dead... you need people to die first

(4) This actually has to do the WCIII Lich hero unit, warlocks, and DKS... the death and decay ability in WCIII should have been updated for WoW and it should have been a warlock aoe dps spelll and not a deathknight aoe aggro spell (thats also an opinion)

Please stop advocating adding new classes. Its a balance nightmare and requires development time to add something the game doesn't need.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Necromancer has a bigger potential as a 4th spec for the warlock then as a class itself. Now that we have defetead the burning Legion the warlocks could seek for a new, strong power and that could be the death

Of course it is possible, it's their game and if they see a reason for it, they can implement it. Just remember how people used Demonology warlocks as the reason for why Demon Hunters wouldn't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Well in Diablo 3 the Witch Doctor already dealt in poisons and summoning the dead and Blizzard still managed to turn the Necromancer into its own thing.

I imagine they could do the same in WoW honestly, although how I have no idea.
    see how your example actually backfired on you
    because the witchdoctor had posion allready, the necromancer got little to no posion skills, meaning it lost out on alot of its orignality
    also the necromancer raises spirits, skeleton mages, skeleton archers, and golem

Witch doctor spawns a giant monstrasity, and little zambo dogs, then also little fetishs, thats their overlap mostly

yes they overlapped, but not much, and even then necromancer lost stuff to be added
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

No, i'll rather see another class that can use mail because fuck hunters

no.... if a deathknight is in the game why would u have someone else using necromancy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Please stop advocating adding new classes. Its a balance nightmare and requires development time to add something the game doesn't need.
    Dude but chess is hella boring... must... add... more... pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I definitely think there's room. I mean how many people on these forums said there was no room for a Demon Hunter with Warlocks in the game? Blizzard made room.

DH is the melee version of a Warlock.
    Paladin is the melee version of a Priest.

Clearly we can get a caster version of a Death Knight.
    For those who want to see/play a Necromancer, this is the right argument. Neco =/= Lock. The two are very different. One deals with demons the other deals with the dead. One deals with fire & curses, the other deals in blood and poison. (granted there's some overlap, but they are still very different in concept).

The true comparison to the Necromancer is the Death Knight, where the Death Knight already has the connection to the Necromancer, considering the Warcraft III versions of those classes. The liches were Necromancers and the Lich King was a Death Knight.

That said, this is where I'm on board with ro9ue. The Necromancer would be / could be a ranged spell caster where as the similar Death Knight is melee. (like with Warlock vs Demon Hunter)

They could even go 2 spec like the DH - DPS/Healer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    No, i'll rather see another class that can use mail because fuck hunters
    Resto & Elemental Shaman wear mail. I see no reason Necromancers couldn't wear mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Why not? they are paid to do so, paid to balance and after a while new classes are cool in my opinion. 1 every expansion I know it's a dream but maybe 1 new class every 2 like now?
    Also, a lot of necromancer's spells in diablo 2 and now diablo 3 are really fun.
    I just like the idea of a Necro healing spec, syphoning the life from your enemies AND your allies to healing the ones in need
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2017-07-25 at 12:33 AM.

Warlocks and Necromancers are no where near the same thing. Warlocks use fel magic, while Necromancers use death magic.

A Necromancer is possible if made similar to Demolock. Summon a bunch of skeletons(knights, mages, archers, what have you) that attack targets. Then, the DK summons stronger undead like Aboms, and Ghouls in smaller numbers, where the Necromancer summons weaker undead, but in greater numbers.

Have an ability that raises mobs as they die into skeletons to continue fighting for the necromancer. Like Nefarians Shadowflame. The class could be balanced around dpsing, while also keeping the skeletons reviving as they slowly die. Could even have ti so as the skeletons take damage, the Neromancer does as well. This would result in having to balance yoruself between melee skeletons, and ranged skeletons.

Damage about to hit the ranged? Kill off the Skeletal Archers, and raise a batch of Skeletal Knights, and vice versa.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-07-25 at 12:49 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

This is how you can answer all of these "Is X possible in WoW" questions at once by asking yourself a simple question: Will it make Blizzard lots money without massively pissing off the playerbase? If the answer is yes, then they will do it.