Quote Originally Posted by jce4ever View Post
    BS stop lying anyone can open up twitch and watch them getting 8 not 6 yet. Patch has not gone live in china yet will probably be on there reset day on Thursday.
    Seems it was a hotfix, and was applied yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Seems it was a hotfix, and was applied yesterday
    Not in China. Go look at the hp of KJ on Alpha's stream also take a look at 8 Armageddon's not 6 yet.

Not in China. Go look at the hp of KJ on Alpha's stream also take a look at 8 Armageddon's not 6 yet.
    Just checked it, I think I am seeing 6 small ones and two big ones. In Method's video there are 8 small ones and two big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by zyniker View Post
    They were using a decent chunk of Nurfed for internal QA at least as recently as Nighthold, not sure if that was the case for ToS. But there's some pretty major behind the scenes problems with internal QA not just on the encounter design front.
    Always wondered if they also test with the entire raid using 1-5ms since its probably some server hosted in their office or if they add some artificial latency. Reactive rotations are easier and character positioning in general updates properly like it should

BS stop lying anyone can open up twitch and watch them getting 8 not 6 yet. Patch has not gone live in china yet will probably be on there reset day on Thursday.
    Maybe I'm giving people too much credit, but why would someone lie about that?

At any rate, I'm seeing six.

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post

Well I spent 5 minutes to watch and it's definitely 8 small 2 big...

Not sure if it's because I'm wearing glasses or because I apparently know how to count...

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Just checked it, I think I am seeing 6 small ones and two big ones. In Method's video there are 8 small ones and two big ones.
    Are people really that dense?

1) The hotfix post CLEARLY says "Class, Raid, Items, and PvP hotfixes below will go live with maintenance in each region." Meaning right now, NA is the only region that has them.
    2) Kil'Jaeden still had 10 billion hp. Therefore, if the hp hotfix is not live, then we can assume none of them are.
    3) Count the small armageddons better, there's 8

Quote Originally Posted by Goge View Post
    Are people really that dense?

1) The hotfix post CLEARLY says "Class, Raid, Items, and PvP hotfixes below will go live with maintenance in each region." Meaning right now, NA is the only region that has them.
    2) Kil'Jaeden still had 10 billion hp. Therefore, if the hp hotfix is not live, then we can assume none of them are.
    3) Count the small armageddons better, there's 8
    You are right, I probably missed some. HP is still 10 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    It really doesn't matter how they feel about it and the amount of abuse they are swinging around (again) like a bunch of 12 year olds is just pathetic (talking about exorsus here, not the poster I am replying to. Don't infract me because you can't read).
    You CAN'T expect a game to be created around 100 players that dedicate a whole month of 18 hours a day raiding to a video game and then getting mad because the dev's aren't online 24/7 fixing everything within hours for a competition they do not sponser.

If Blizzard was actively promoting the "race" and putting something forward to it (a price pool, or whatever) i'd say you are correct.
    But expecting a company to just do whatever you want because you decided to put 18 hours a day into this game is just crazy.
    In my opinion it's fair to expect a boss to be killable when it is released. Releasing an unkillable boss in any game is simply bad development and testing, and in my opinion its fair to criticize blizzard for it. This has nothing to do with the amount of hours you throw into it. It's like releasing a Mario game and then make the last Bowser simply oneshot you every time because a mechanic isn't tuned properly. Ofcourse its fair to criticize for that.

And to the 24/7 fixing part, the fact Blizzard needs to fix bosses allready shows they failed in their design, IMO its completely reasonable for Method and Exorsus to expect killable, unbugged bosses when blizzard releases them. They pay for the game, any bugs are a failure and it's only fair to criticize the company for that as a paying customer.
    Last edited by willemh; 2017-07-25 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post

From alpha stream - few minutes ago:

A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another. (Lennier to Vir in Babylon 5:"Dust to Dust")
    -----
    Main: Warrior for life

Deleted
    Why is Alpha still throwing themselves at it, it's just mad. They should go eat and sleep and watch that Method video over and over and come back on thursday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    Why is Alpha still throwing themselves at it, it's just mad. They should go eat and sleep and watch that Method video over and over and come back on thursday.
    The Chinese are actually racing towards a cash prize. Unlike other top guilds.

besides that, they got a lot of viewer and they clearly enjoy raiding.

they laugh so often and i guess they have a good time together

Deleted
    So disappointed with the servere nerf to Kil'jaeden. It was possible and should thos remain the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    In my opinion it's fair to expect a boss to be killable when it is released. Releasing an unkillable boss in any game is simply bad development and testing, and in my opinion its fair to criticize blizzard for it. This has nothing to do with the amount of hours you throw into it. It's like releasing a Mario game and then make the last Bowser simply oneshot you every time because a mechanic isn't tuned properly. Ofcourse its fair to criticize for that.

And to the 24/7 fixing part, the fact Blizzard needs to fix bosses allready shows they failed in their design, IMO its completely reasonable for Method and Exorsus to expect killable, unbugged bosses when blizzard releases them. They pay for the game, any bugs are a failure and it's only fair to criticize the company for that as a paying customer.
    I disagree. You can't expect a flawless game when you spend more time in the game then all of the company that designs it combined.
    They got shit on when it was to easy in EN so they tried to make it harder but its impossible to balance for the top 0.0001% of the player base when they are better players and spend A LOT more time on it then any developer/tester you have in the company. Its just impossible to have it "perfect" if you can't test to get it right for these players.
    Its like my company developing financial software with 50% of the data we don't have. You can't expect a perfect piece of software when we are missing half of the data.

Deleted
    I disagree. You can't expect a flawless game when you spend more time in the game then all of the company that designs it combined.
    They got shit on when it was to easy in EN so they tried to make it harder but its impossible to balance for the top 0.0001% of the player base when they are better players and spend A LOT more time on it then any developer/tester you have in the company. Its just impossible to have it "perfect" if you can't test to get it right for these players.
    Its like my company developing financial software with 50% of the data we don't have. You can't expect a perfect piece of software when we are missing half of the data.
    If each healer is capable of sustaining 1.5m hps and then you go ahead and design a boss that requires 2.6m hps from each healer, how many guilds do you think are able to kill it then?

Maybe your answer would be to just double the amount of healers you bring, so 8 instead of 4 but then how do you kill a boss that takes 2.5m dps from each dps player when they can only sustain 1.5m dps?

It is not exactly rocket surgery, is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    So disappointed with the servere nerf to Kil'jaeden. It was possible and should thos remain the same.
    They're also nerfing 7/20 of the players used in the KJ kills heavily, so you can't really keep the same.

Deleted
    We all agree that it's difficult to tune perfectly right an encounter. But here some of the abilities were straight up BULLSHIT. I mean it's fucking obvious when you look at some values (30M beam hello? Darkness dot requiring 2.3M HPS from each healer ALONE and for an ENTIRE phase...). How can you mess the tuning this hard?
    And the saddest part is how much fucking time it took Blizzard to fix this shit.
    They have no excuses for this tier, a part from "we don't give a shit about the world first race".

Yeah, some overtuning I can understand, but the original values of the beam and the DoT in ph3 were obviously way over the top.

Then again I remember Archimonde also having that problem, what with his knock-up in Ph1 doing like 1.5m damage per affected player when our HP pools were about a tenth of what they are today, if that. But it was quickly fixed. I think it's a casualty of the fact that guilds cannot test Mythic endbosses on PTR. Sometimes things like that slip by.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    The Chinese are actually racing towards a cash prize. Unlike other top guilds.
    That's interesting, you got a source? How much is it?