Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The fear mongering is strong
    Yeah, without fear mongering, this thread would be about ACA, instead of Obamacare.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The fear mongering is strong
    Fear? you must be mistaking the giant boner some democrats are having from seeing republicans committing political suicide for fear.

Well unfortunately the senate just passed it 51-50.

Doesn't repeal it, but gives them an open slate to amend it however they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Fear? you must be mistaking the giant boner some democrats are having from seeing republicans committing political suicide for fear.
    It's almost as bad as death panels, have fun being as smart as Sarah palin

You mean there are different people on both sides *gasp, it's almost like people are not of one mind just because they share a political party

10+ Year Old Account
    Death panels are not a thing anywhere. Higher premiums and people not being able to afford insurance due to cutbacks in the Medicaid expansion and the collapse of the individual mandate, however, are a very real thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Only 8 republican senators are up for election this midterm, so odds are against the senate switching but anything is possible.
    People forget that 2010 was a bad map for Senate Democrats. Didn't help them. You only need to flip a couple of seats.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Hospitals around here had charity care, if you were poor you got treated for free.
    Someone had to pay for it, and guess who did? Everyone else by higher medical costs.

Now if that money was guaranteed by the government or an insurance company...

It's good times when a senator, who had just recently received care for a serious medical condition thanks to a plan provided by the government, rolls into town to vote in favor of legislation that will enable his party to work towards taking government-assisted medical care away from people.

Oh, the irony.

John McCain, a man Trump publicly shamed, casts a crucial vote and Trump hails him as a hero.

What direction is the wind blowing today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Well unfortunately the senate just passed it 51-50.

Doesn't repeal it, but gives them an open slate to amend it however they want to.
    They did it? This is truly a great day. #MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Death panels are not a thing anywhere. Higher premiums and people not being able to afford insurance due to cutbacks in the Medicaid expansion and the collapse of the individual mandate, however, are a very real thing.
    Obamacare made insurance more expensive, it just expanded the welfare state. Stop lying and pretending like you care about anything other than moving towards communism. Obamacare is a shitty pro insurance company lobbyist pro medical device company piece of trash that shouldn't be defended by anyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Someone had to pay for it, and guess who did? Everyone else by higher medical costs.

Now if that money was guaranteed by the government or an insurance company...
    Then taxes or insurance premiums would go up instead?

7+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare made insurance more expensive, it just expanded the welfare state. Stop lying and pretending like you care about anything other than moving towards communism. Obamacare is a shitty pro insurance company lobbyist pro medical device company piece of trash that shouldn't be defended by anyone

They can't both be communism and pro corporate. Those are mutually exclusive. Glad you just showed that you have no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Obamacare isn't great, but that doesn't make this statement any less falsehood based on conservative spin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obamacare made insurance more expensive
    No, it didn't.

it just expanded the welfare state.
    Again; no, it didn't.

Stop lying and pretending like you care about anything other than moving towards communism. Obamacare is a shitty pro insurance company lobbyist pro medical device company piece of trash that shouldn't be defended by anyone.
    Funny, since I'm not a communist.

ACA is crap but it's better than what came before it.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2017-07-25 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Not if the cost is spread out among an entire country, instead of just those who are sick or need insurance.

You continue to prove you don't know what you're talking about.

They can't both be communism and pro corporate. Those are mutually exclusive. Glad you just showed that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The Medicaid expansion and changes to the private market are separate parts of the same bill. Glad you have no clue what you're talking about

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason anyone defends Obamacare is because it's the only thing he got done

- - - Updated - - -

Not if the cost is spread out among an entire country, instead of just those who are sick or need insurance.

You continue to prove you don't know what you're talking about.
    Wait so costs going up for everyone is worse than costs going up for everyone ? You're not making sense

I'm with the OP and specifically have mentioned Kentucky. One of the biggest benefactors of ObamaCare have two of the worst fucking Senators in Congress. That state is stuck on stupid. I want them to be punished to the max and YES they will still vote for that "R".

7+ Year Old Account
    The Medicaid expansion and changes to the private market are separate parts of the same bill. Glad you have no clue what you're talking about

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason anyone defends Obamacare is because it's the only thing he got done

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so costs going up for everyone is worse than costs going up for everyone ? You're not making sense
    Would you rather costs go up by 100/1000s of dollars and hospitals close because they can't get money? Or would you rather costs go up at the rate Of inflation because the costs are spread out enough to have no effect.

Do you even know how insurance works? Because you simultaneously seemed to be pissed at communism and pissed at the way the insurance industry works.

Sounds like you don't want insurance at all, yet have to pay for care. Sounds like you want the poor to die. Sounds like you want to perpetuate white genocide..
    G
    Keep on pretending you know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2017-07-25 at 08:31 PM.

Would you rather costs go up by 100/1000s of dollars and hospitals close because they can't get money? Or would you rather costs go up at the rate Of inflation because the costs are spread out enough to have no effect.

Do you even know how insurance works? Because you simultaneously seemed to be pissed at communism and pissed at the way the insurance industry works.

Sounds like you don't want insurance at all, yet have to pay for care. Sounds like you want the poor to die. Sounds like you want to perpetuate white genocide..
    G
    Keep on pretending you know what you're talking about.
    God you're so fucking clueless