Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Hmm, was he the horde questgiver in Thrallmar?
    Yep.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=3230/nazgrel
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yes, lets. Because the rest of the Horde races are boring as fuck.
    What makes Blood Elves more interesting? Their pretty faces or the industrial amount of focus they get? Because if it's the latter (and I hope is the latter) then you just proved my point. Hell, Blood Elves have become so cancerous that even their shitty, boring and useless cousins in the Alliance get tons of screen time at the expense of other (and actually playable) Alliance races.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    how the generic rpg clichê elf is less boring than the monster? seriously?

even the blood elves are becoming boring
    Even more so the moment Blood Elves more or less reverted back to the generic rpg clichè status. There's not much ruthlessness and savagery left, is all about Liadrin having a boner for the Light and Aethas getting all hard and wet thinking at his Kirin Tor masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    If Lor'themar and his people are on Azeroth for an incredibly longer time than the orcs, isn't it obvious their lore will be more stablished than the orcs'?
    Considered how elf lore has always been something like "we do stuff now and jerk around for thousands of years until we do something else" the longer time does not really mean much. Much like Trolls, they have plenty of history and ramifications in their culture and overall influence, indeed consequence of the longer time they've been around the world, but that means relatively little in terms of actual established lore and importance within the story.

Trolls are probably the better example, as much as I deem them the most compelling race in Warcraft due to their both rich and unique history and culture, their overall relevance in the story has always been remarkably little in the face of all that stuff. Elves have always been a bit more relevant but the argument doesn't change drammatically. When it comes to established lore and characters in the story they may beat a lot of races but surely do not beat humans and orcs, not even the forsaken and draenei at this point.

You're the dude with Grom's avatar here
    Ah yes, you're the guy looking at other people's avatars hoping to pump some needed strength in your points. Ironically enough, the reason why I wandered around these forums with a troll avatar (thing I'll do again sooner or later) was exactly to expose people like you, by offerring the most convenient excuse to deviate from the actual discussion and see who actually fell to that. And from what I remember, it worked rather beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yes, he was Nazgrim before Nazgrim in positions of power.
    Ehm, how can I say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I wish the next xpack would give more room for Dwarves, Gnomes, Trolls and Tauren.
    Screw Humans, Orcs and Elves.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Ah yes, you're the guy looking at other people's avatars hoping to pump some needed strength in your points. Ironically enough, the reason why I wandered around these forums with a troll avatar (thing I'll do again sooner or later) was exactly to expose people like you, by offerring the most convenient excuse to deviate from the actual discussion and see who actually fell to that. And from what I remember, it worked rather beautifully.
    That's precisely the slimy, sneaky, traitorous and evil kind of behavior one would expect from someone with a Bolton avatar hur hur hur squeee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Ah yes, you're the guy looking at other people's avatars hoping to pump some needed strength in your points. Ironically enough, the reason why I wandered around these forums with a troll avatar (thing I'll do again sooner or later) was exactly to expose people like you, by offerring the most convenient excuse to deviate from the actual discussion and see who actually fell to that. And from what I remember, it worked rather beautifully..
    Didn't deviate from anything. Keep your eyes open next time you decide to reply. One poster had a valid point, wether we like it or not(I too don't like the overuse of elves, but I can understand why it is happening) and this dude came in boisting a Grom avatar, talking about how much cooler orcs are and how much more orcs need to be represented, completely ignoring the valid points the other guy made about elves having more material to be worked on.

No, you're having a troll avatar because you're a troll fan, just like the guy donning the Grom avatar is an orc fan and there is no need to try to bolster the lies you've fed to yourself/the community by mounting them onto my posts, trying to act like your obsession of trolls throughout this section has something more behind it other than you being a fan of them(nothing wrong with being a fan of something by the way, as long as it is expressed in a honest way and reasoned with honest opinions). You've literally proven yourself wrong in the same post, but your attention deficit seems to hit hard every five sentences of your own posts:

Considered how elf lore has always been something like "we do stuff now and jerk around for thousands of years until we do something else" the longer time does not really mean much. Much like Trolls, they have plenty of history and ramifications in their culture and overall influence, indeed consequence of the longer time they've been around the world, but that means relatively little in terms of actual established lore and importance within the story.

Trolls are probably the better example, as much as I deem them the most compelling race in Warcraft due to their both rich and unique history and culture, their overall relevance in the story has always been remarkably little in the face of all that stuff. Elves have always been a bit more relevant but the argument doesn't change drammatically. When it comes to established lore and characters in the story they may beat a lot of races but surely do not beat humans and orcs, not even the forsaken and draenei at this point.
    Yes, please do bring up trolls some more and then continue telling us in the same post how you having that avatar has got nothing to do with it. My post directed towards him clearly made you think of yourself and you somehow found yourself offended. At least he has the decency to openly speak his mind, instead of concealing it behind dubious logic lol

The only one you two are missing is the Theramore dude with his Sylvanas avatar(although I'm pretty confident he is just trying to trigger everyone and is pretty good at it) and your circle will be complete.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-25 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Didn't deviate from anything. Keep your eyes open next time you decide to reply. One poster had a valid point, wether we like it or not(I too don't like the overuse of elves, but I can understand why it is happening) and this dude came in boisting a Grom avatar, talking about how much cooler orcs are and how much more orcs need to be represented, completely ignoring the valid points the other guy made about elves having more material to be worked on.
    Except the other guy conflated "large period of time" (that is mostly empty) with "more material". Besides, what @Syegfryed addressed was explicitly things like "the rest of the Horde races are boring as fuck." (super valid point) and things like portraying Orc lore as "We are Orcs that just lived in tribes and had nothing of relevance happen until we drank demon blood haha" and Forsaken lore as "We are undead that escaped the Lich Kings grasp haha" even though both races have more established and fleshed out lore than Blood Elves despite your holy grail of a "valid point" of "Blood Elves exist for long time". Continue living in your alt-fact world.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That's precisely the slimy, sneaky, traitorous and evil kind of behavior one would expect from someone with a Bolton avatar hur hur hur squeee!
    I still remember someone calling you "soullessly combative" because of that Nihilus avatar of yours, whatever the fuck it meant. Such charming people.

Well, my most sincere compliments for this absolutely hysterical response being an outright lie from start to finish. Here, let me quote the guys involved:

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Because Elves actually have a lot of great lore in WoW. whereas most of the other horde races Lore is like -
    "We are Cows that worship a moon haha"
    "We are undead that escaped the Lich Kings grasp haha"
    "We are Goblins that escaped an Island after drinking Kaja haha"
    "We are Orcs that just lived in tribes and had nothing of relevance happen until we drank demon blood haha"

The only other Horde Race that has good lore is Trolls and funnily enough because a lot of that Lore crosses path with the Elves. Hell the only enjoyable Tauren Lore comes from things they did alongside ELVES.
    you sound biased and salty

is the same thing i said "we are elves and we are mana addict kick of from the alliance haha"
    A sea of valid points in the first post, indeed. Basically the whole "argument" was filled with over-simplified statements degrading every and each Horde race to "boring as fuck" status so they could fit his biased view, making Syegfryed's reponse pretty much legit and legitimately pointing out how you can use the same exact shitty tactic for elves or any other race in WoW. I see your tale is a "bit" different but fascinating nonetheless.

No, you're having a troll avatar because you're a troll fan, just like the guy donning the Grom avatar is an orc fan and there is no need to try to bolster the lies you've fed to yourself/the community by mounting them onto my posts, trying to act like your obsession of trolls throughout this section has something more behind it other than you being a fan of them(nothing wrong with being a fan of something by the way, as long as it is expressed in a honest way and reasoned with honest opinions). You've literally proven yourself wrong in the same post, but your attention deficit seems to hit hard every five sentences of your own posts:
    First of all, obsession isn't a thing of mine, it literally doesn't stick to my character (unlike other heroes of this section, like the dude adorning my sig); secondly, me liking a Warcraft race and using an avatar for the reasons I mentioned above are not mutually exclusive at all. It's indeed something that amused me over the years and helped a great deal in understanding who needed to fall to such low tactics and who clearly didn't. I understand this realization kind of triggered you, though.

Yes, please do bring up trolls some more and then continue telling us in the same post how you having that avatar has got nothing to do with it
    It's stupidly funny, really. You blabbered about my lack of honesty yet I couldn't be more honest in the very statements you put in bold for whatever "lolpoint" you wanted to prove. It's probably even more funny how you were so impatient to use my own honesty against me to deliberately ignore the context of what I was talking about and how I was putting Trolls not only on the same level of Elves in terms of established lore but actually below in terms of overall relevance. But holy shit, you got me there. My "obsession" was exposed indeed!

My post directed towards him clearly made you think of yourself and you somehow found yourself offended.
    I was effectively amused. Seeing doing that once is fun, twice is gorgeous. Pro-tip: you should think twice before "attacking" someone's avatar, maybe actually understand when the guy you're arguing with is literally spouting nothing but bias and not actual valid points. You know, like the last time you did that with me even though the discussion basically boiled down to your inability to understand my points correctly, something even Mehrunes, legendary Troll fanboy of this forum, was trying to make you understand, sadly in vain.

At least he has the decency to openly speak his mind, instead of concealing it behind dubious logic lol
    Tons of concealement up there. I was so concealed that you promtly used "against me" my own trasparent and honest statements. Brilliant indeed.

The only one you two are missing is the Theramore dude with his Sylvanas avatar(although I'm pretty confident he is just trying to trigger everyone and is pretty good at it) and your circle will be complete.
    The "Theramore dude" is a she and is just a Jaina fanboy as much of a Sylvanas fanboy. But it's indeed funny how you're throwing us all in the same basket entirely based on the avatars instead of, you know, the overall content and quality of our posts. Speaking about "keeping the eyes open".

Infracted.
    I didn't intend to trigger you that much but looks like I was pretty much right.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-07-25 at 10:58 PM.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

You've literally proven yourself wrong in the same post, but your attention deficit seems to hit hard every five sentences of your own posts:
    At least he has the decency to openly speak his mind, instead of concealing it behind dubious logic lol
    Damn, can't choose which of these lines is the cherry on top of your post. Both are beyond amazing. In light of the older post I quoted below, I guess the scales are tipped in favor of the latter though.

I still remember someone calling you "soullessly combative" because of that Nihilus avatar of yours, whatever the fuck it meant. Such charming people.
    Ah, good old times. Was thinking of it when I read your post. I now searched for that thread since while I recalled the person who said it, their username eluded me and damn, what a goldmine. Like this:

You are wasting your time trying to explain these two things here.

You must know that even the biggest wrongdoing will get twisted by someone and that at some point its best to ignore that quote notification popup. After a few discussions I've realized that these people lack/purposedly ignore the understanding of universal values of what is right or wrong and that they invent their own scale for rating the righteousness of events in the lore. On the other side there are also those that ignore the fact that half of what is being done with the lore is done to accomodate easier development.
    Seems like Magnagarde started using his version of TEH CIRCLEJERK earlier than I recalled. It even has Universal Values™ mixed in as a justification! Then there's Tripzzz discussing Lok'tar Ogar. Thanks to this thread I also noticed that poor Highwhale got themselves banned today due to their shenanigans in Game of Thrones thread. A shame they don't post in the lore forum as often as they used to.

Well, my most sincere compliments for this absolutely hysterical response being an outright lie from start to finish.
    You've got to admit, it takes some dedication to do that.

It's stupidly funny, really. You blabbered about my lack of honesty yet I couldn't be more honest in the very statements you put in bold for whatever "lolpoint" you wanted to prove. It's probably even more funny how you were so impatient to use my own honesty against me to deliberately ignore the context of what I was talking about and how I was putting Trolls not only on the same level of Elves in terms of established lore but actually below in terms of overall relevance. But holy shit, you got me there. My "obsession" was exposed indeed!
    To continue your tangent about things not being mutually exclusive with each other, that applies to being obsessed and rhetorical masochism!

I was effectively amused. Seeing doing that once is fun, twice is gorgeous. Pro-tip: you should think twice before "attacking" someone's avatar, maybe actually understand when the guy you're arguing with is literally spouting nothing but bias and not actual valid points.
    You're obviously wrong since you didn't think of the most universal value of all. That guy was in agreement (or, more accurately, in disagreement with the same person as Magnagarde), so they are the Cicero of our times and all their points are valid by default.

You know, like the last time you did that with me even though the discussion basically boiled down to your inability to understand my points correctly, something even Mehrunes, legendary Troll fanboy of this forum, was trying to make you understand, sadly in vain.
    Hmm, which thread was that? And yes, I am the number one Troll fanboy of them all. To the point only fanboi with an "I" properly expresses my love of Trolls. @Ramz can attest to that.

Tons of concealement up there. I was so concealed that you promtly used "against me" my own trasparent and honest statements. Brilliant indeed.
    Speaking of concealment, the type of posts and behavior like what I quoted from the older thread really makes me lol at the self-awareness of accusing others of concealment of their points and not having the decency to openly speak their minds.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-25 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, good old times. Was thinking of it when I read your post. I now searched for that thread since while I recalled the person who said it, their username eluded me and damn, what a goldmine. Like this:

Seems like Magnagarde started using his version of TEH CIRCLEJERK earlier than I recalled. It even has Universal Values™ mixed in as a justification! Then there's Tripzzz discussing Lok'tar Ogar. Thanks to this thread I also noticed that poor Highwhale got themselves banned today due to their shenanigans in Game of Thrones thread. A shame they don't post in the lore forum as often as they used to.
    Wow, I unwittingly led you to a goldmine for real. Even more surprising how among the industrial amounts of nonsense I also found a pretty in-depth post of mine.

The true magnificence though lies on the fact that such glorious thread holds a gateway for an even more glorious thread.

To continue your tangent about things not being mutually exclusive with each other, that applies to being obsessed and rhetorical masochism!
    If you say biased things you're biased, if you stay unbiased then you're clearly trying to conceal your bias.

In the end it matters not what you say. All that matters is the avatar you put on. Another gem of wisdom coming from the Lore section.

Hmm, which thread was that?
    The one where he went out of his way to pretty much invalidate all of my points 'cuz troll avatar. I didn't bother to go on with that shit as I felt fittingly poetic for a non-Troll fan to debunk a reply built upon an accusation of "Troll fanboism".

Speaking of concealment, the type of posts and behavior like what I quoted from the older thread really makes me lol at the self-awareness of accusing others of concealment of their points and not having the decency to openly speak their minds.
    I'm realizing self-awareness is quite a rare virtue around here.

7+ Year Old Account
    this topic escalated pretty quickly

Wow, I unwittingly led you to a goldmine for real. Even more surprising how among the industrial amounts of nonsense I also found a pretty in-depth post of mine.
    Heh, I checked that thread's stats before I posted the previous post and noticed that (discounting the geniuses that joined the lore forum later on), this thread was missing M-Ra for the genius squad of that time to be complete. Looks like I had a similar observation even back then.

The true magnificence though lies on the fact that such glorious thread holds a gateway for an even more glorious thread.
    Yeah, saw that. Just like all roads lead to Rome, all threads post "Why do people hate Jaina" thread lead back to it. This thread is the rock upon which the modern lore forum is built.

In the end it matters not what you say. All that matters is the avatar you put on. Another gem of wisdom coming from the Lore section.
    A universal value no doubt.

The one where he went out of his way to pretty much invalidate all of my points 'cuz troll avatar. I didn't bother to go on with that shit as I felt fittingly poetic for a non-Troll fan to debunk a reply built upon an accusation of "Troll fanboism".
    Ah, this one. It was a charming little thread.

I'm realizing self-awareness is quite a rare virtue around here.
    Just now? Then again it's Gen-OT that drove me to this realization years ago and I post there more often than you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It seems like we're discussing forum-related drama and specific posters more than the actual topic at hand. Let's return to the topic as opposed to internal forum politics and the like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Anyway, Nazgrel's case is yet another example of an endemic problem with Blizzard's writing. They rarely reuse the same characters other than the big names that act as spotlight whores. Almost every new campaign is led by new faces, than then fade into obscurity comes next one. And even when they do reuse an older character, it often falls flat on its face.

The best example of that would be Gorfax Angerfang. A character that's less than minor. Merely a quest mob that was hostile to both factions. Ranked up in Cata and was leading one group of the fractured Dragonmaw Clan. Supposedly killed by the Alliance forced in their questline in Wetlands.

And then, years later, bam, apparently he's the new leader of the Horde-aligned Dragonmaw. Nevermind that he was still hostile to the Horde after the Dragonmaw joined. Nevermind that he was killed in a quest. Nevermind that Strength of Steel mentioned that only a few Dragonmaw remained loyal to the New Horde after the events of 5.4, rendering the need for them having a leader rather moot.

In the same scene with Gorfax in Legion we also have Black Bride, the leader of the Defiles, who did nothing since vanilla. And the topic of this thread, Nazgrel, who had no update since TBC. And even then, all these three characters do is stand there as the player gets lauded by Sylvanas.

Deleted
    We've had enough Orcs to last us for several years at this point, would rather they put the focus on other races/characters. If an Orc absolutely must be present, at least make it a non-warrior and or female, not sure I could stomach another male orc warrior.

He wasn't completely forgotten. An alternate version of him appeared in WoD, when he was a child. We save him and help his father in Gorgrond on the Horde. His father's weapon is also an obtainable item.

As far as ours, he's part of the Horde PvP prestige quest. Is there a reason to have him around more? What makes him distinct compared to any other orc at this point? It would be cool if he got more of a story, but we have dozens of other orcs that are much more interesting at the moment.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, Nazgrel's case is yet another example of an endemic problem with Blizzard's writing. They rarely reuse the same characters other than the big names that act as spotlight whores. Almost every new campaign is led by new faces, than then fade into obscurity comes next one. And even when they do reuse an older character, it often falls flat on its face.

The best example of that would be Gorfax Angerfang. A character that's less than minor. Merely a quest mob that was hostile to both factions. Ranked up in Cata and was leading one group of the fractured Dragonmaw Clan. Supposedly killed by the Alliance forced in their questline in Wetlands.

And then, years later, bam, apparently he's the new leader of the Horde-aligned Dragonmaw. Nevermind that he was still hostile to the Horde after the Dragonmaw joined. Nevermind that he was killed in a quest. Nevermind that Strength of Steel mentioned that only a few Dragonmaw remained loyal to the New Horde after the events of 5.4, rendering the need for them having a leader rather moot.

In the same scene with Gorfax in Legion we also have Black Bride, the leader of the Defiles, who did nothing since vanilla. And the topic of this thread, Nazgrel, who had no update since TBC. And even then, all these three characters do is stand there as the player gets lauded by Sylvanas.
    I always tough he flee safe, gorfax, there is not one quests about?

anyway, i think is a good thing to say who is the chieftain of the Dragonmaw orcs who stay loyal to the horde, its a pretty interesting clan ( i would prefer Koak but he is fine) it would be good give all the orcs clans identity with theirs chieftains, no need to focus then, just put things clear

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, this one. It was a charming little thread.
    It was kind of a mistake reading it again as the reply thrown at me is even worse than I remembered. It's against my policy to necro a more-than-a-month old thread for such trivialities but the temptation is there.

Just now? Then again it's Gen-OT that drove me to this realization years ago and I post there more often than you do
    Even though I rarely visit it (mostly because, as non-American dude living on the other side of the world the abundance of USA-centric topics is not always appealing) it's a quite a long time now that I use to sporadically come there and more or less regret that right away. My recent visit at the "gay marriage in Germany" thread caused me a bad enough indigestion of straw and facial inflammation from all the facepalming to avoid the place for a few other months.

But as kindly suggested, back on topic.

And then, years later, bam, apparently he's the new leader of the Horde-aligned Dragonmaw. Nevermind that he was still hostile to the Horde after the Dragonmaw joined. Nevermind that he was killed in a quest.
    Too bad I unsubbed before getting the Rank 2 of Prestige to see that, I had no idea of this. That's indeed the master asspull of all asspulls.

Nevermind that Strength of Steel mentioned that only a few Dragonmaw remained loyal to the New Horde after the events of 5.4, rendering the need for them having a leader rather moot.
    I'm not even sure if a precise mention of Horde-aligned Dragonmaw existed. What I got is that the protagonist was a Dragonmaw but grown up in the internment camps rather than in the Highlands with his own clan and how said clan pretty much sided altogether with Garrosh. Someone may rightfully theorize the existence of orcs similar to the short-story's protagonist (can't remember his goddamn name) but not only such eventuality wouldn't still justify a leader but the eventuality itself is, indeed, entirely hypothetical.

Not like I don't appreciate the idea of Horde-aligned Dragonmaw, it would have been indeed a pity to have them simply erased from the picture because of Garrosh but no doubt they seem to literally come out of nowhere. And hell, the chosen leader couldn't be more ridiculous (unless they intend to try really hard in giving some explanation and backstory, all things that we would probably never get).
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-07-26 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    That annoys me, he's the leader of Thrallmar and he made no appearance in WOD? And no appearance now, what with the world ending and everyone needing to fight for it?

I always tough he flee safe, gorfax, there is not one quests about?

anyway, i think is a good thing to say who is the chieftain of the Dragonmaw orcs who stay loyal to the horde, its a pretty interesting clan ( i would prefer Koak but he is fine) it would be good give all the orcs clans identity with theirs chieftains, no need to focus then, just put things clear
    Not that I recall. And I don't mind the fact that there are still Dragonmaw Orcs still aligned with the New Horde or that they have a Clan leader (though I think exploring the idea of them trying to find themselves in a partially post-Clan structure, like the Shattered Hand, would have also been interesting). The problem is the method through which this was conveyed, which is only a step above of how they made Saurfang the leader of Orcs in general, and the person they made the leader.

And as I said, the fact that they even need a leader, since at the end of MoP it looked like Dragonmaw that joined the rebellion are about as rare as unicorns. And the even worse thing is them being numerous enough to warrant their own leader could have been salvaged. OK, they didn't join the Darkspear rebellion and remained loyal to the Warchief. But a larger part could have left Garrosh after he was dethroned and had AU Orcs invade Azeroth and bam, you have enough Dragonmaw left in the Horde that they need to organize themselves.

Too bad I unsubbed before getting the Rank 2 of Prestige to see that, I had no idea of this. That's indeed the master asspull of all asspulls.
    Yeah, the whole thing was rather weird. "Look, a bunch of old characters that we totally remember!" sums it up. Even Drek'thar is an asspull. Not only is he best bud with Sylvanas now, but he's fucking walking.

I'm not even sure if a precise mention of Horde-aligned Dragonmaw existed. What I got is that the protagonist was a Dragonmaw but grown up in the internment camps rather than in the Highlands with his own clan and how said clan pretty much sided altogether with Garrosh. Someone may rightfully theorize the existence of orcs similar to the short-story's protagonist (can't remember his goddamn name) but not only such eventuality wouldn't still justify a leader but the eventuality itself is, indeed, entirely hypothetical.
    You may be right. I only read it once and it was a while ago. I recall something about Orcs like him being outcasts, but not specifically. So as you say, it could have been a case of them being merely hinted at and something that can be hypothetically theorized from the text, not an outright mention. Which makes this whole leader thing even weirder.

Not like I don't appreciate the idea of Horde-aligned Dragonmaw, it would have been indeed a pity to have them simply erased from the picture because of Garrosh but no doubt they seem to literally come out of nowhere. And hell, the chosen leader couldn't be more ridiculous (unless they intend to try really hard in giving some explanation and backstory, all things that we would probably never get).
    Same here and those are my exact grievances with how they were dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the whole thing was rather weird. "Look, a bunch of old characters that we totally remember!" sums it up. Even Drek'thar is an asspull. Not only is he best bud with Sylvanas now, but he's fucking walking.
    My attempts of raising him to the realm of memehood back in the Kalec's game must have caused some miraculous healing of sort. Or maybe he went back in the Alterac Valley BG and got triggered by his younger self still walking and beating the shit out of people. Nostalgia did the rest.

Currently these are all valid explanations by the virtue of Blizzard giving none. Unless we're induced to believe that reproduce Drek'thar's wheelchair in the depths of the Undercity was way too expensive and too hard to achieve.

You may be right. I only read it once and it was a while ago. I recall something about Orcs like him being outcasts, but not specifically. So as you say, it could have been a case of them being merely hinted at and something that can be hypothetically theorized from the text, not an outright mention. Which makes this whole leader thing even weirder.
    I'm pretty sure Koak (that was the name, checked it right now) wasn't literally an outcast of the Dragonmaw but simply someone that, due to circumstances, was separated from them. He simply joined Thrall's Horde as all the internment camp orcs did but was apparently old enough when he was captured to feel a strong belonging to his clan in the Highlands, from which came his strong desire to achieve acceptance among them when they joined Garrosh's Horde in Cataclysm. I guess he sort of became an outcast for real (as he indeed mentions later in the story) the moment he eventually decides to oppose Garrosh and consequently his own clan, concluding though that the Horde was the place he truly belonged to and that such faction was born from outcasts hated from everyone in the first place.

Problem is, Koak's case didn't really look different from any other "New Horde" orc joining Thrall. His situation was just a bit more unique because he was a Dragonmaw originally and the Dragonmaw clan recently rejoined the Horde in full force. But Thrall's Horde was effectively made of orcs coming from all clans, loyalties that were sidelined both due to the overall destruction of these clans and the newfound sense of "unity" among Thrall's orcs, reason why among them clan origins are barely mentioned (both Saurfang and Eitrigg mention their Blackrock origins but pretty much end there, being disillusioned old orcs they felt no attachment whatsoever to the Blackrock contigent joining Garrosh post-Cata and strictly remained loyal to Thrall's vision of the Horde) which ultimately makes Koak "one among many". He hardly served as an example of the existence of some sect of the Dragonmaw clan aligned to the Horde as he simply was an orc like any other, like another who may have belonged to the Bleeding Hollow clan, like Saurfang and Eitrigg that belonged to the Blackrock, Thrall to the Frostwolves and so on. Many "Dragonmaw" may have been part of Thrall's Horde from the beginning, maybe not. It matters little if not at all. Thrall was the leader and Warchief of them all. Anyone who wasn't a Warsong or a Frostwolf didn't have any other leader to look at, nor made much sense to begin with. Again, Koak got nostalgia boners exactly because his own clan rejoined the Horde and still felt a degree of belonging to them, even though eventually sidelined to be loyal to the Horde itself.

So whatever sect of Dragonmaw Angerfang represents, I think is pretty clear that's not related to the likes of Koak at all. And is just as unlikely for him to represent any of the Dragonmaw that clearly sided with Garrosh altogether. The last logical explanation would be the fact that indeed Angerfang leads the contigent of Dragonmaw causing trouble in the Wetlands and that such orcs somehow joined the Horde at some unknown point. Unfortunately, being logical does not make it any less of an asspull, it may actually make things worse.