Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

LFR Wing 3 is an insult to everything.

To get it out of the way cause i know how these forums work.

This is not to mock the players that only do LFR, this is the state it has turned into.

I mostly do LFR now for BLP and gear on alts since i cant be bothered playing more than i need to, and i literally felt insulted, mocked to be in there.

There is a difference in "watching the fights and lore" and creating two target dummies.

But LFR is just literally that - people lack the interest or the time to do the place properly, not to mention a lot of people have zero patience or tolerance for complete strangers.
    You said it yourself you're only there because of your alts and to get more legendaries. You're not there to beat the mode and challenge it represents.
    If you want ta challenge that's what Normal, Heroic and Mythic are for. Tomb of Sargeras was easy to pug from day 1 with many able to complete it in Normal and few in Heroic.
    That said, that isn't because of the instance but the fact everyone is either on PTR or informed by things like Fatboss unlike days of old where it was around but not so accessible or easily known.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-26 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    But LFR is just literally that - people lack the interest or the time to do the place properly, not to mention a lot of people have zero patience or tolerance for complete strangers.
    You said it yourself you're only there because of your alts.
    If you want ta challenge that's what Normal, Heroic and Mythic are for. Tomb of Sargeras was easy to pug from day 1 with many able to complete it in Normal and few in Heroic.
    That said, that isn't because of the instance but the fact everyone is either on PTR or informed by things like Fatboss.
    Was gonna write more but didnt, but LFR was not at this state ever, yes its an easy waste of time and you can always do Normal but thats not what i meant.

This particular wing, nothing happens, nothing deals damage, nothing.

I got locked out because its Wednesday so ninja pulling 930 raiders rushing things and still did not die while standing still at the door while waiting for P2 in Avatar to teleport me down, got hit by 2? Unbound Chaos and 2 Ruptured Realities and survived with just the heal the BM has, it literally didnt manage to do 6mil damage in HP to kill me off while i was half-afking waiting for the fight to end.

LFR has been this way since at least Legion.

The last lfr boss to kill anyone that I can remember is Archimonde.

We're a long way from Durumu and Nazgrim LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Was gonna write more but didnt, but LFR was not at this state ever, yes its an easy waste of time and you can always do Normal but thats not what i meant.

I got locked out because its Wednesday so ninja pulling 930 raiders rushing things and still did not die while standing still at the door while waiting for P2 in Avatar to teleport me down, got hit by 2? Unbound Chaos and 2 Ruptured Realities and survived with just the heal the BM has, it literally didnt manage to do 6mil damage in HP to kill me off while i was half-afking waiting for the fight to end.
    I wouldn't go far as to say no damage is going out. I did it myself today and we had some deaths because people with bombs flat out stood in the raid and people were dying from fire damage ticks. And on Avatar if you don't have a good tank to kite the boss out before rupture you only have ~3-4 of them, then you die to lava. That happened to me, dps was horrible. Only at like 60% when floor broke. Second time we had a good tank who kited him out and we killed him after 7 ruptures.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Eh? It's appropriately tuned, IMHO. This encounter in its original form isn't really LFR friendly. Mechanics require too much coordination, so why even have them?

You go there, punch piñatas, get loot and watch cinematics, if any. It's not meant for progression or challenge. The less PITA the better.

I don't like wiping in LFR (I'm a tank) because of some people that can't be arsed to deal damage and/or not to stand in fire. Entire raid has to keep wiping and wasting time till we get full stack of determination so even auto attacks can kill the boss.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-26 at 10:58 AM.

Blizzard should just have NPCs fighting bosses and trash while everyone just AFKs in LFR.

This is not to mock the players that only do LFR, this is the state it has turned into.

I mostly do LFR now for BLP and gear on alts since i cant be bothered playing more than i need to, and i literally felt insulted, mocked to be in there.

There is a difference in "watching the fights and lore" and creating two target dummies.
    you want chalenge go normal and higher - you have 3 modes to choose from .

not far wrong but Gul'dan wiped a good number of LFR groups pretty consistently.

LFR used to be hard. It used to be great. That was in MoP. It was fun. 10 wipes on the fucking bird, of course. Complete fuck-up with that Garalon dude? Awesome. Now it's just useless shit

Haven't done ToS LFR as I'm happily progressing Heroic and farming Normal each week.
    Gul'dan wiped the floor with LFR groups though.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Working as intended

Deleted
    We wouldn't need LFR if raiding wasn't required to have the best gear...

Put the game back to how it was when it was popular, best world gear came from pvp, and no one will care about LFR. I don't give a shit about lore or learning some dumb mechanics, I just feel forced to do LFR in order to have overpowered set bonuses and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    LFR used to be hard. It used to be great. That was in MoP. It was fun. 10 wipes on the fucking bird, of course. Complete fuck-up with that Garalon dude? Awesome. Now it's just useless shit
    Garalon was initially hard on LFR because it was overtuned. Supposedly it had the Normal damage values. Then it was nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account

*does easiest possible version of raid*

*whines about how easy it is*

Because these forums needed another topic from someone bellyaching about LFR, right? If you want challenge, do heroic or mythic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    *does easiest possible version of raid*

*whines about how easy it is*

Because these forums needed another topic from someone bellyaching about LFR, right? If you want challenge, do heroic or mythic.
    You people are seriously mentally challenged.

This is not about the other versions of the raid, this is about how even this pathetic version is so undertuned to an insulting state.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-07-27 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    I just feel forced to do LFR in order to have overpowered set bonuses and trinkets.
    Right, you're totally forced to. Because there's some cosmic force demanding you have <name of trinket> and set bonuses to play the game or else.

- - - Updated - - -

You people are seriously mentally challenged.

This is not about the other versions of the raid, this is about how even this pathetic version is so undertuned to an insulting state.
    You're on a public forum crying about the difficulty in a video game and we're the ones that are mentally challenged? lol.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

We wiped on avatar because the dps wasn't high enough to kill him before the platforms were gone. So apparently it's still not easy enough. I'm of the opinion that if you keep dumbing it down you just end up having more and more people going afk, ninja DCing, jumping off ledges to die, etc.

LFR is a terrible introduction to the raiding scene from new players, I have friends who don't know very much about the game, when they hit level 110, they do some world quests, some dungeons, they have a good time. And as soon as they can join LFR, they do all the wings, and after that it never takes long before they quit the game again? Why? Because they feel done, they already defeated all the bosses? Why would they bother finding a guild just to do it on another difficulty? It's not worth it for casual players.

Those players will never get to see the fun parts raiding is supposed to be, wether it is with a friends or a guild, or even a pug that requires people to coordinate and try their best. When I first started raiding in cata, I joined a pug, it was a disaster, but I still had fun doing it, it made me excited to go back and try again, and again. It was addictive challenging fun. Do you think LFR players have the same experience? Or do they just hit the boss and stand afk while waiting for loot to pop up?

They should honestly just remove LFR, and make normal mode like 20% easier so all the LFR refugees have somewere to go.

But you still get deaths and wipes in LFR even if the place is "an insult" for Legion. I've watched tanks stack the Demonic Inquisiton and everyone died because Bone Saw mangled folk and so on.
    If anything LFR was a little easier before, you could go in there straight away and walk through it with ease and carry the dead. You can't do that so much at the moment because people can cause wipes. And I've always heard before Legion "who wipes in LFR?" to now "Oh god, there's so many failers in LFR".